CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Jan 20, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #13,936 of 25,896
where are you based? Also did you buy new or used. Can you give us a clue on the ‘great price’ intrigued.

+1 at least the difference in percentage... :)

Jan 20, 2020 at 10:17 PM Post #13,938 of 25,896
Is their website hacked!?

It refers me to a weird survey every time I enter.

Jan 21, 2020 at 1:49 AM Post #13,939 of 25,896
Is their website hacked!?

It refers me to a weird survey every time I enter.
Yes, Chord's website has been down for sometime.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2020 at 10:44 AM Post #13,941 of 25,896
Do you think maybe trying to upload a 2Go launch announcement broke it?
The site is back up. And I would hope that isn’t foreshadowing a rough start for the 2Go like the Poly.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2020 at 12:19 AM Post #13,942 of 25,896
I just upgraded my TT2 to a DAVE, but I'm having big problems. I hook both BNC inputs up from the M-Scaler to the DAVE and the sound keeps cutting in and out. When this happens the screen on the DAVE flickers and goes on and off, and I just hear the music cutting in and out.

Does anybody know why I'm experiencing this issue? If so, how do I fix it?

Jan 22, 2020 at 12:59 AM Post #13,943 of 25,896
I just upgraded my TT2 to a DAVE, but I'm having big problems. I hook both BNC inputs up from the M-Scaler to the DAVE and the sound keeps cutting in and out. When this happens the screen on the DAVE flickers and goes on and off, and I just hear the music cutting in and out.

Try BNC three and four on the DAVE.

Jan 22, 2020 at 1:05 AM Post #13,944 of 25,896
Try BNC three and four on the DAVE.
It happens on 1 and 2 and on 3 and 4. It's cutting in and out and makes a static noise sometimes. It sounds like a pop and crackle from a vinyl record. The TT2 worked just fine with the M-Scaler. I guess I'll keep trying. Thanks for the help

Jan 22, 2020 at 1:15 AM Post #13,945 of 25,896
I tried switching out my BNC cables with the stock ones, and the same problem is occurring. Going straight usb from my computer to DAVE works fine. It appears to be some problem with the BNC cables or M-scaler and the DAVE I think. I hope I don't have a dud DAVE :triportsad:

Jan 22, 2020 at 1:15 AM Post #13,946 of 25,896
Try one BNC cable at a time on HMS, and cycle through 1-4 on DAVE one input at a time. Try with both BNC cables. That will help isolate cable issues (connectors, etc) and which DAVE inputs may be more stable.

if each cable and output and input works great, try swapping 1-2 (or 3-4) on DAVE to see if that helps get a stable sync (DAVE syncs DX differently than TT2)

if you have an intermittent connection, you will hear something similar to what you’re describing (not saying that’s the issue, but that it may be helpful to isolate your testing to see if it is)

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2020 at 1:21 AM Post #13,947 of 25,896

Have you tried different BNC cables to see if that is any better? Or a long shot, do you have any other equipment nearby apart from the Mscaler?

edit. I see you have tried swopping cables.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2020 at 1:22 AM Post #13,948 of 25,896
Try one BNC cable at a time on HMS, and cycle through 1-4 on DAVE one input at a time. Try with both BNC cables. That will help isolate cable issues (connectors, etc) and which DAVE inputs may be more stable.

if each cable and output and input works great, try swapping 1-2 (or 3-4) on DAVE to see if that helps get a stable sync (DAVE syncs DX differently than TT2)

if you have an intermittent connection, you will hear something similar to what you’re describing (not saying that’s the issue, but that it may be helpful to isolate your testing to see if it is)
It's even worse with just one BNC cable. It just cuts in and out and in and out

Jan 22, 2020 at 1:24 AM Post #13,949 of 25,896
Have you tried different BNC cables to see if that is any better? Or a long shot, do you have any other equipment nearby apart from the Mscaler?
I tried the stock BNC cables and had the same problem as using the SOtM BNC cables.

I've actually separated my setup more than when I had the TT2 (I had the TT2 on top of the M-scaler before). So, it goes M-scaler right next to DAVE which is right next to my WA33 amp.

If I bypass the m-scaler and go usb into the DAVE, no problems. When I add the M-Scaler and BNC cables, it just cuts in and out

Jan 22, 2020 at 1:25 AM Post #13,950 of 25,896
I'm going to bed. I'm gonna stay up all night debugging if I'm not careful...hahaha.

I guess I'll try again tomorrow. Thanks for everybody's help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back