Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced
Nov 7, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #1,681 of 1,746
Yes they are, it's the Elise, and it's a fantastic amp.
Haha yes it is a great amp indeed and also very nice for tube rolling.

Nov 7, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #1,683 of 1,746
You're right, best amp I've had for tube rolling, the different tube combinations you can use with this amp are almost endless, and it pairs really well with the 2Qute.
The 2Qute brings the Elise some great dynamics & resolution, I love the combo.
What tubes are you using with your Elise?

Nov 7, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #1,684 of 1,746
I use quite a few, at the moment I'm using EL32/CV1052 as a quad, same tubes in the pic, also EL3N, as drivers, with Tung Sol 5998 for powers, Mullard 6080, or even the Svetlana, also TS 5998 and Psvane CV 181-T, other driver tubes that are very nice are Ken Rad 6F8G, sometimes RCA 6sn7 gt, but the best I have ever heard is the quad of the CV1052, the sound is glorious. I see you have some nice tubes in your Elise.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #1,685 of 1,746
I use quite a few, at the moment I'm using EL32/CV1052 as a quad, same tubes in the pic, also EL3N, as drivers, with Tung Sol 5998 for powers, Mullard 6080, or even the Svetlana, also TS 5998 and Psvane CV 181-T, other driver tubes that are very nice are Ken Rad 6F8G, sometimes RCA 6sn7 gt, but the best I have ever heard is the quad of the CV1052, the sound is glorious. I see you have some nice tubes in your Elise.
Nice ! I've never tried the quad el32 set-up.
Now I am using 5998 and psvanes.
But we digress from the 2Qute topic :astonished:.
in conclusion... a "2Qute Elise" is highly recommended ! :L3000:

Nov 8, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #1,687 of 1,746
Last edited:
Nov 22, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #1,689 of 1,746
Hope someone can help me with this:

Got a 2qute to use with my Burson ha160, but get a terrible hum from the headphones. Have tried a Mac connected via USB and a streamer connected via toslink, same with both.

However if I connect the 2qute to a different amp, a Cambridge audio amp, I get no hum or noise whatsoever.

How can this be?

Nov 22, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #1,690 of 1,746
Hope someone can help me with this:

Got a 2qute to use with my Burson ha160, but get a terrible hum from the headphones. Have tried a Mac connected via USB and a streamer connected via toslink, same with both.

However if I connect the 2qute to a different amp, a Cambridge audio amp, I get no hum or noise whatsoever.

How can this be?

Might be something to do with your amps transformer. My Naim Nait 5si hums like a hornets nest sometimes (with and without my 2Qute. It might be a ground loop or some kind of issue relating to your electricity supply. Perhaps try a different socket or circuit and see if that has any impact? It could also be that something else plugged in elsewhere is having some influence.

Nov 27, 2018 at 2:26 AM Post #1,691 of 1,746
I removed the ground from the Burson and that got rid of the problem. Question is, is the chord grounded so that the the Burson doesn't has to be?

Dec 23, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #1,692 of 1,746
I need some advice for my 2Qute, recently I bought Wywires Platinum USB for my 2Qute but no matter what I try with every usb slot of my PC & office PC, 2Qute can't be detect with Wywires but no problem with stock cable. At first I thought problem come from Wywires but after I bring it to test with other DAC such Myteck Manhattan & Brooklyn, it's work perfectly fine then it's mean problem may occur from 2Qute...
so how can I solve this problem? if someone know how to solve, please educate me, thank you.

PS : I ever use JPS Superconductor V long time ago with 2Qute without problem though.

Dec 24, 2018 at 8:54 PM Post #1,694 of 1,746
I need some advice for my 2Qute, recently I bought Wywires Platinum USB for my 2Qute but no matter what I try with every usb slot of my PC & office PC, 2Qute can't be detect with Wywires but no problem with stock cable. At first I thought problem come from Wywires but after I bring it to test with other DAC such Myteck Manhattan & Brooklyn, it's work perfectly fine then it's mean problem may occur from 2Qute...
so how can I solve this problem? if someone know how to solve, please educate me, thank you.

PS : I ever use JPS Superconductor V long time ago with 2Qute without problem though.
Does Wywires Platinum USB allow the USB power signal to reach 2Qute? Some USB cables made for hi-fi prevent the USB power signal from reaching the DAC. 2Qute requires the power from the USB cable to power the circuit that interprets the digital data.

The optical input is the reference for sound quality with 2Qute, so distrust a USB cable if it sounds different.

Dec 25, 2018 at 2:22 AM Post #1,695 of 1,746
Have you installed the 2Qute driver for PC? I don't use a PC myself, just a thought.

https://chordelectronics.co.uk/product/2qute/
Merry X-mass.Of course you don't need the drivers if you are content with music files up to 96 khz and a pc is not a must, but if you don't use the usb port the 2qute can only be used as a DAC fed from a cd player.It's a bit of a waste to use such a fantastic player as a CD dac only.Nevertheless it improves CD playing enormously.

https://chordelectronics.co.uk/product/2qute/[/QUOTE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back