Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced
Mar 31, 2020 at 9:38 PM Post #1,726 of 1,746
So i bought a 2qute. I have seen this question many times but unanswered: is it better when i turn off my power strip when i don't use it or should it be constantly on thus the light of the 2qute constantly on?
Up to you, I used both methods, it is fine either way.

BTW, while it is discontinued, it is still ahead of many dacs from other companies.
WARNING! Audiophile's Voodoo: After listening to it for about 6 month your brain rewires itself, and your other equipment and even dacs from other companies sound better.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2020 at 1:17 PM Post #1,729 of 1,746
Digging up a fairly old thread,I picked one of these up for $500.I highly doubt anything new in that price range could equal it?
You will not, no. Grats on the great deal.

Nov 6, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #1,735 of 1,746
I would like to add a little of my experience with 2Qute. I bought it second-handed more than a year ago. I was thinking about some nice DAC and there was RME-ADI2 on sight. Then I found a quite nice offer online and I decided to try. If I will not like it, I will sell it. But, here we are. After more than year I am not even thinking about DAC upgrade. It sounds just amazing. I had quite a turbulent year in head-fi and I changed almost everything in my rig, but 2Qute is still with me.

Have you compared 2Qute to RME?

Dec 13, 2020 at 9:34 PM Post #1,736 of 1,746
Well here's guessing a good Usb cable with the 2qute with galvanic isolation will sound better than coax.

I have tried USB finally and it seems to me Optical sounds better or at least no worse. (I use a glass toslink cable.)

Dec 15, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #1,737 of 1,746
No Wyrd is like iFi IPurifier/Larry Moore's aubique filter and the new Audioquest Jitterbug. Empirical's Shortblocks is sorta similar as well. All are passive, Regen is actively powered with its own Power supply.

REGEN is different. Its based on new discoveries from Swenson's experiments. He is rebuilding the USB signal from scratch to have high signal integrity just before it enters the Dac and so reduce/eliminate propogated packet noise.

I own Aubisque and iPurifier and neither has the immediately obvious impact as Regen.

What about Saec SUI-01SX?

Feb 16, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #1,739 of 1,746
Anyone know how the 2Qute compares to the IFi Neo IDSD?
Well, IMO they are totally different products.
the NEO IDSD uses conventional DAC technology, includes a headphone amplifier (conventional) and has more input/output options. As such it's much more versatile.

The 2qute is just a DAC with fixed output, but using Rob Watts' proprietary FPGA DAC it's got the "special sauce" of Chord DACs.
I am personally done with conventional DACs after hearing Rob's designs. I really like his approach to design a DAC that addresses the shortcomings of conventional designs, and I hear that it works. The 2qute replaced a $4000, 10kg conventional DAC in my 2 channel system, and I never looked back.

IMO there is simply no way a $700 universal DAC/Amp such as the NEO IDSD would have any chance to get even close to a used 2Qute in performance. So if you value SQ over flexibility and can find a used 2qute for a reasonable price, go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back