Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 25, 2024 at 7:30 AM Post #18,646 of 18,757
Here is the authorized U.S. Chord Electronics repair information. If you want factory parts installed, you must set up an RA (Return Authorization) and send in your Poly, as they do not sell batteries—only offer service replacements. They offer battery replacement services for all Chord products.

The Sound Organisation
p: 972-234-0182
a: 1009 Oakmead Drive, Arlington, TX, 76011
w: soundorg.com

Thanks !! I’ll contact them for a Mojo 1 battery.

Mar 25, 2024 at 7:56 AM Post #18,648 of 18,757
Right is the item playing - left is the Artist.

IMG_8276.jpeg

Mar 25, 2024 at 8:13 AM Post #18,650 of 18,757
IMG_8274.jpeg

And here is the setup screen in Rigelian - you can choose the name of your cover art, it will use this before trying to acquire from embedded local, Discogs and Musicbrainz.

Use the small three dots that are on the play screen (bottom right corner) to show the bitrate, add to playlist or show album or artist.
The three dots in the top left of the album screen have the “add”, “playlist” and “other” sections. The other has “Cover Assistant”, which is where the artwork is manipulated.

Program is solid - doesn't crash, is easy to use, looks good and not expensive.
Most importantly, it sounds great.

I use Rigelian over mconnect, Glider, MPDplayer and MaximumMPD.

Mar 25, 2024 at 8:38 AM Post #18,651 of 18,757
I didn't realize Rigelian could fetch cover art from Poly now. When it trialed it a year or so ago I couldn't get album or artist artwork. I thought that was a limitation of the MPD version Poly was using?

Mar 25, 2024 at 8:51 AM Post #18,652 of 18,757
I didn't realize Rigelian could fetch cover art from Poly now. When it trialed it a year or so ago I couldn't get album or artist artwork. I thought that was a limitation of the MPD version Poly was using?
Poly's MPD version was updated a while back now. It can read a cover.jpg file but not an embedded file yet so I have an image within each album folder.

Mar 25, 2024 at 10:33 AM Post #18,654 of 18,757
Here is the authorized U.S. Chord Electronics repair information. If you want factory parts installed, you must set up an RA (Return Authorization) and send in your Poly, as they do not sell batteries—only offer service replacements. They offer battery replacement services for all Chord products.

The Sound Organisation
p: 972-234-0182
a: 1009 Oakmead Drive, Arlington, TX, 76011
w: soundorg.com
I've used them a couple of times. Rick has ALWAYS been wonderful to work with.

Mar 25, 2024 at 10:41 AM Post #18,655 of 18,757
Thanks !! I’ll contact them for a Mojo 1 battery.
I’ve worked with The Sound Organisation for in-warranty work on Mojo2- they are solid and provide excellent support. I wrote to Rick Williford, the super helpful Product Support Manager who advised “we are unable to sell batteries directly, per our distributor agreement with Chord” and he told me the service to swap out the battery would be $160.

I wrote back asking about sourcing a battery and Rick advised "just be careful disassembling the Poly, as it is VERY easy to break the bluetooth window when pulling the chassis apart. Also be sure not to move the light bar that shows you the Mojo battery level, as it's tricky to align and requires removing the entire mother board. Part number on the battery we have here is lp113452”.

I’m considering my options and may send my Poly to Rick as it appears more complicated than the Mojo battery replacement...

Mar 25, 2024 at 10:58 AM Post #18,656 of 18,757
The poly battery replacement at $160 for full service isn’t horrible.

I had already taken apart my Poly about three years ago, so my issue was finding a replacement battery.
The connector from the battery to the Poly is not standard - I cut the wire from the original battery at its base, giving me enough wire to splice in a replacement.
The battery connector is the biggest risk when attempting to replace the battery on your own. That and possibly using a battery that can fry the electronics.
The Bluetooth section slides into place - Rick from soundorg.com is on the money about it being easy to break.
If you don’t remove the PCB board, the optical light bar only comes into play when re-assembling the Poly - it fits into a hole in the Bluetooth Window.

I’m on day three with my new battery from Amazon with zero issues. Almost 4 hours of continuous use yesterday before I recharged. Battery discharged to 25 %.

I’ll take some pictures of my franken-poly and post shortly.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 10:59 AM Post #18,657 of 18,757
I’ve worked with The Sound Organisation for in-warranty work on Mojo2- they are solid and provide excellent support. I wrote to Rick Williford, the super helpful Product Support Manager who advised “we are unable to sell batteries directly, per our distributor agreement with Chord” and he told me the service to swap out the battery would be $160.

I wrote back asking about sourcing a battery and Rick advised "just be careful disassembling the Poly, as it is VERY easy to break the bluetooth window when pulling the chassis apart. Also be sure not to move the light bar that shows you the Mojo battery level, as it's tricky to align and requires removing the entire mother board. Part number on the battery we have here is lp113452”.

I’m considering my options and may send my Poly to Rick as it appears more complicated than the Mojo battery replacement...
Just had the batteries swapped on my Hugo2. $250 (including 2 way shipping) is very reasonable (10% of MSRP)

As for Poly at $160 (25% of MSRP) that is a tougher call although given the pitfalls involved it may be the best option for you

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 11:31 AM Post #18,658 of 18,757
Three Batteries - top one is original - second works but too large. Third didn’t work (I bought at least three different types from Amazon).

IMG_8277.jpeg

This is the battery that works.
https://a.co/d/dZ4khS7

IMG_8284.jpeg

The battery that doesn’t work is over 4 V. The batteries that work are between 3.7 V and 3.9 V.

Doesn’t work - Battery #3.

IMG_8290.jpeg

Works (but too big for Poly case) - Battery # 2.

IMG_8291.jpeg

Original Poly Battery # 1 - in storage since 2021.

IMG_8292.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 11:48 AM Post #18,659 of 18,757
These are my Poly battery replacement notes - use at your own risk.

The replacement service offered by The Sound Organization (soundorg.com) - is the route that I would use if I hadn’t already modified my Poly.

The OP and credit is from a different forum from November 2020. I used this to make my first battery change in 2021.

https://www.superbestaudiofriends.org/index.php?threads/lol-What-chord-poly-damn.10205/

Start - 25 March 2024

Cut old battery right at the base to save the connector and as much wire as possible.

IMG_8278.jpeg

Take out SD card.

Poly has four screws on back - it slides up and out on a slight angle - the Bluetooth cover has a ridge on it, be careful not to damage.

IMG_8280.jpeg

IMG_8279.jpeg

Poly - opened.

Do not remove the two screws that hold in the PCB board - the optic bar will fall out and it’s a PITA to get back in place.

IMG_8281.jpeg

Note the white battery connector - use a spudger tool to gently pry from board - it lifts up from the side opposite the wires. It will snap back in place.

IMG_8283.jpeg

IMG_8282.jpeg

Splice the new battery into the old connector.

Both the new and original battery will read between 3.7 V and 3.9 V on a multimeter. If the replacement battery is 4 V or higher, do not use.

I used tape instead of solder as I expect to do this again and there isn’t much of the original connector to spare.

To re-assemble - the optic bar lines up with the bottom hole on the Bluetooth window.

IMG_8285.jpeg

IMG_8286.jpeg

Carefully slide the Poly back into place - the back has a thread that lines up with case.

IMG_8287.jpeg

Final working system.

IMG_8289.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 10:57 PM Post #18,660 of 18,757
All this battery talk now… I got my Poly when it was first released (and then the replacement for the power on issue a year later in March 2018j. I’ve used it pretty much daily for about 90 minutes with Mojo and now Mojo2, charging to full along with Mojo/2 when it gets to red. They both seem to last about the same 7-8 hours, so no need to replace Poly battery. What’s leading everyone else to replace theirs? Short life, mismatched life with Mojo, or what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back