Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 16, 2021 at 8:32 AM Post #16,022 of 18,770
Hehe - oh to even have an annual update. The last release was July 19th 2019! Still better late than never - got big hopes for this update.
I tried looking back through the thread but couldn't find the original... Has there been news of an upcoming update?

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #16,024 of 18,770
I tried looking back through the thread but couldn't find the original... Has there been news of an upcoming update?
DavidW wrote on Apr 9, 2021 at 4:06 PMPost #15,990 :
Last week I posted about the Poly firmware update. I sent a follow up asking for more details as I took their "fairly imminently" as in any day now. Here is the reply from Chord when I asked about a date or date range for the release:
The update itself is fairly substantial and requires extensive primary (do the functions work?) and secondary (what effect do they have on everything else?) testing. This is rendered more complex by it now having been a year since we were all in the same place at the same time. We hope to do the public release inside of a month.

Apr 19, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #16,025 of 18,770
Ok will ask elsewhere but FYI power cable rollin' on sbooster power supply surprisingly makes obvious difference
I agree. But you’re asking your question in a Chord Poly thread. Not the best place to find the most Qutest folks.

Apr 20, 2021 at 10:26 PM Post #16,027 of 18,770
Has anyone posted this interview...
"And once our units were there, other companies of course had to try to up their game."

That line just makes me angry.

After the way they've treated their users as beta (if not alpha) testers for their mobile products, promising things they still haven't delivered, (more than 4 years late now) they really shouldn't be this arrogant.

Apr 20, 2021 at 11:23 PM Post #16,028 of 18,770
Using mConnect for Qobuz, the first second of a given selection is breaking up. Gapless is turned on for the renderer. Anyone have a fix for this?
p

Apr 21, 2021 at 8:50 AM Post #16,030 of 18,770
"And once our units were there, other companies of course had to try to up their game."

That line just makes me angry.

After the way they've treated their users as beta (if not alpha) testers for their mobile products, promising things they still haven't delivered, (more than 4 years late now) they really shouldn't be this arrogant.

I understand the frustration but I love my mojo-poly. For my use cases, it's perfect. My only complaint is that they need to develop their own dedicated app. With mobile counting for 40% of their sales, maybe that is not a pipedream.

Apr 21, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #16,031 of 18,770
I got the Mojo Poly Stack a few months now. But everytime when i would like to use it, i have to recharge it.

In the manual is is the following notice, that battery drain charge over time while off, but that fast?

"NOTICE: Poly’s microprocessor remains active when
the device is switched off. This causes the battery to
slowly empty over time."

I charge the stack with IPad Mini Adaptor.

What are your experiences?

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2021 at 7:09 PM Post #16,032 of 18,770
I got the Mojo Poly Stack a few months now. But everytime when i would like to use it, i have to recharge it.

In the manual is is the following notice, that battery drain charge over time while off, but that fast?

"NOTICE: Poly’s microprocessor remains active when
the device is switched off. This causes the battery to
slowly empty over time."

I charge the stack with IPad Mini Adaptor.

What are your experiences?
Listened to mine while waiting at the laundromat for about two hours. Then turned it off. Six hours later I went to use it some more but the batteries had died even though I'd "turned it off". Doesn't give me much hope to take the Mojo/Poly on a long plane ride.

Apr 21, 2021 at 7:49 PM Post #16,033 of 18,770
Listened to mine while waiting at the laundromat for about two hours. Then turned it off. Six hours later I went to use it some more but the batteries had died even though I'd "turned it off". Doesn't give me much hope to take the Mojo/Poly on a long plane ride.
Which battery was dead - Mojo, Poly or both? We’re they both fully charged? I charge my Mojo/Poly about once per week and listen to it about an hour a day. Driving Dan Clark A2Cs on double red to double orange mostly and the charge will whole week. Poly is original battery and Mojo had the battery replaced 2 years ago. It should not die (either of them) after 6 hours of being off.

Apr 24, 2021 at 10:44 PM Post #16,034 of 18,770
I experience battery challenges with the Poly. I even replaced the Poly battery (the original had expanded) but I still experience issues with the Poly battery. The Mojo is solid. No issues.

Apr 27, 2021 at 7:02 AM Post #16,035 of 18,770
So I have a horrible feeling that the latest iOS 14.5 update that came out this morning has broken UPNP as my MConnect can no longer see the Poly even though it's connected to my iPhone hotspot! That really sucks - I guess I'll have to go back to my faithful FiiO Q5 for the time being!.

Update - forget that - it's working again!! Phew

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back