Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 9, 2021 at 9:26 PM Post #15,992 of 18,784
The update itself is fairly substantial and requires extensive primary (do the functions work?) and secondary (what effect do they have on everything else?) testing. This is rendered more complex by it now having been a year since we were all in the same place at the same time. We hope to do the public release inside of a month.
This is just growing pains for an operation learning how to do software development. Here is a pro tip: don’t do massive annual releases. Google agile

My poly arrived today. I found it pretty easy to get going with airplay and mpd.

Can anyone tell me what the benefit is of adding my Tidal and Qobuz credentials to GoFigure? I’m confused how the DNLA stuff works. I would have expected the DNLA app on my phone would stream from tidal and then proxy it to the Poly. Does it instead tell Poly what to stream and Poly streams direct from Tidal?

Apr 10, 2021 at 5:14 AM Post #15,993 of 18,784
Last week I posted about the Poly firmware update. I sent a follow up asking for more details as I took their "fairly imminently" as in any day now. Here is the reply from Chord when I asked about a date or date range for the release:

Cool,

At the moment my Poly works as intended and I couldn’t be happier, granted, I do use the ios versions and both roon and ete modes works great. I use an iphone 11 solely as a hotspot for poly to connect to whilst i’m out and about and, when I’m indoors I use roon mode. I use my iphone 6S+ as my phone when I’m out, as my iphone 11 is crap compared to my 6s+.

It’s good news that a new FW update is coming out soon, the only thing that I would like to see is being able to see the tracks inside the album folders on the sd card, as at the moment, you don’t get to see individual tracks and it’s only the album folder name that can be seen.

Anyway, I really would advise folk that poly is very good and is worth buying if they already have a mojo.

mojo+poly combo now gets a score of 90% out of 100% in my opinion, the missing 10% is solely due to the time it has taken to get it working as it now does.

It works with roon very good, ete mode works great when playing from the sd card, thus I really would advise folk to buy it as it has come along way from what it was when it was first released.

Edit

I accidentally touched the enter key on my ipad and I was only half way through typing out my post. :sunglasses:

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2021 at 11:11 PM Post #15,994 of 18,784
It’s good news that a new FW update is coming out soon, the only thing that I would like to see is being able to see the tracks inside the album folders on the sd card, as at the moment, you don’t get to see individual tracks and it’s only the album folder name that can be seen.

When you say this, which app are you talking about? Are you using GoFigure to browse and playback your local files? I don’t have the issue you mention with any of the mpd apps.

mconnect is so well-rounded in functionality and really could pull everything off between streaming and even mpd. However, Rigelian is much better for mpd. It is really quite good. I mistakenly bought glider thinking that it did Tidal and Qobuz and that is $10 I’d like back as the other two apps I mention render it redundant. Not that it is bad sofware or anything.

I’ve only had poly a little over 24 hours, but I quite like it on wifi. Audio quality is great. The Airplay integration is fantastic and likely worth the cost alone as it lets me easily watch TV around the house through nice headphones (apple tv everywhere). Playing off the card and streaming Tidal through mconnect sounds amazing. I’m not a Roon user. I’m a little concerned how I’ll like it on the go once I start fumbling with hotspot/hybrid mode and all that. I also wish the finish matched the mojo better. A little odd they didn’t nail that. Maybe the mojo finish has changed over the years, mine is pretty old.

Happy to hear they may have a significant firmware update on the near horizon but I agree, Amber, it is a solid device as-is. I’d really love a way to play off the card with bluetooth alone. That would be a dream for mobile use as the mechanics would be streamlined (no wifi network change).

Apr 11, 2021 at 12:16 AM Post #15,995 of 18,784
When you say this, which app are you talking about? Are you using GoFigure to browse and playback your local files? I don’t have the issue you mention with any of the mpd apps.

mconnect is so well-rounded in functionality and really could pull everything off between streaming and even mpd. However, Rigelian is much better for mpd. It is really quite good. I mistakenly bought glider thinking that it did Tidal and Qobuz and that is $10 I’d like back as the other two apps I mention render it redundant. Not that it is bad sofware or anything.

I’ve only had poly a little over 24 hours, but I quite like it on wifi. Audio quality is great. The Airplay integration is fantastic and likely worth the cost alone as it lets me easily watch TV around the house through nice headphones (apple tv everywhere). Playing off the card and streaming Tidal through mconnect sounds amazing. I’m not a Roon user. I’m a little concerned how I’ll like it on the go once I start fumbling with hotspot/hybrid mode and all that. I also wish the finish matched the mojo better. A little odd they didn’t nail that. Maybe the mojo finish has changed over the years, mine is pretty old.

Happy to hear they may have a significant firmware update on the near horizon but I agree, Amber, it is a solid device as-is. I’d really love a way to play off the card with bluetooth alone. That would be a dream for mobile use as the mechanics would be streamlined (no wifi network change).
You can already do that, if you create playlists.

Apr 11, 2021 at 6:32 AM Post #15,996 of 18,784
Yes I use gofigure to playback sd card tunes, I do have mconnect for both iphone and ipad, but I only use it when I’m outside and want to listen to qobuz. In gofigure I can browse album folders, but I can’t see the tracks inside said album folder.

I solely use ios.

Yes, poly is very good now, it’s so good that I always have it on me when I go out, that along with my anker battery, the funny thing is, even today, years later folk still ask me what that thing is, as mojo’s balls caught their attention. So yeah, it’s come of age and is nothing like what it was when it was first released.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2021 at 8:55 AM Post #15,997 of 18,784
Yes I use gofigure to playback sd card tunes, I do have mconnect for both iphone and ipad, but I only use it when I’m outside and want to listen to qobuz. In gofigure I can browse album folders, but I can’t see the tracks inside said album folder.

I solely use ios.

interesting. i’m also on iOS, but haven’t found the browsable selection of album folders. Do you maybe have some playlists that are making that work for you?

If there isn’t something easy in existence, maybe i’ll whip up a python script to crawl my sd card and generate a playlist per album.

Apr 11, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #15,998 of 18,784
interesting. i’m also on iOS, but haven’t found the browsable selection of album folders. Do you maybe have some playlists that are making that work for you?

If there isn’t something easy in existence, maybe i’ll whip up a python script to crawl my sd card and generate a playlist per album.
I think that one or two Poly/2Go owners have written scripts, so search for their posts, and maybe PM them for more info/details.

Apr 11, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #15,999 of 18,784

No, I made playlists using cantata and put them on to the sd card. Now, on my iphone I start gofigure, set the switch from roon to every thing else mode and then click on music at the bottom of gofigure, the next screen shows me all the album names, I can click on any album and it will start playing track 1, but it does not allow me to see other tracks unless I push > to skip a track.

It’s no big deal and I only use the gofigure app because I use roon alot and I have to keep switching from roon mode ( when at home ) to everything else mode ( when outside ) and when I’m outside I will at times play from the sd card. Yes there are many apps that I could use, mconnect, glider, 8player pro, mpdeluxe etc, but I find playing from the sd card via gofigure is just as good as any other app in my opinion, but it does need a browsable album/folder function so that we can see all the tracks inside of a album/folder.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #16,002 of 18,784
Can anyone tell me if the iOS Qobuz app is supposed to be able to directly output to the Poly at full resolution? I have everything configured correctly via the Poly but it only shows up as an Airplay choice via the Qobuz app. I have mConnect pro which, so far, has been the only app of many I've tried which has "just worked" and has an interface worth paying for.

Apr 13, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #16,003 of 18,784
Can anyone tell me if the iOS Qobuz app is supposed to be able to directly output to the Poly at full resolution? I have everything configured correctly via the Poly but it only shows up as an Airplay choice via the Qobuz app. I have mConnect pro which, so far, has been the only app of many I've tried which has "just worked" and has an interface worth paying for.
Do you have mConnect pro streaming full resolution to the Poly through Qobuz? If so, can you please tell me how you set that up? I have mConnect pro but only seem to be able to connect to the poly via airplay which doesn't stream full resolution. I don't see a way in mConnect pro to connect directly to the poly bypassing airplay.

Thanks for any advice you can offer on this.

Apr 13, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #16,004 of 18,784
Do you have mConnect pro streaming full resolution to the Poly through Qobuz? If so, can you please tell me how you set that up? I have mConnect pro but only seem to be able to connect to the poly via airplay which doesn't stream full resolution. I don't see a way in mConnect pro to connect directly to the poly bypassing airplay.

Thanks for any advice you can offer on this.
Setup of mConnect for Qobuz for me consisted only of logging in via the mConnect Qobuz section. It all worked straight away after that. I was a little shocked actually, since literally all the other apps (glider, 8 player pro) have had to be MADE to work and even then I still couldn't succeed. I do have an upper tier membership with Qobuz if that matters at all. Within mConnect, Qobuz behaves like an applet and I have to enter or exit it to access files elsewhere such as local files on my iPhone. I can finally stream full resolution from an iPhone doing this, with an interface that's pleasant which FINALLY makes the Mojo/Poly thing pay off. I have also entered my Qobuz info into Go Figure but I'm not sure how necessary that is. Unfortunately, the go figure app WON'T indicate if your login info is correct or not. I redid it a few times before I was confident it was right.

Apr 13, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #16,005 of 18,784
Setup of mConnect for Qobuz for me consisted only of logging in via the mConnect Qobuz section. It all worked straight away after that. I was a little shocked actually, since literally all the other apps (glider, 8 player pro) have had to be MADE to work and even then I still couldn't succeed. I do have an upper tier membership with Qobuz if that matters at all. Within mConnect, Qobuz behaves like an applet and I have to enter or exit it to access files elsewhere such as local files on my iPhone. I can finally stream full resolution from an iPhone doing this, with an interface that's pleasant which FINALLY makes the Mojo/Poly thing pay off. I have also entered my Qobuz info into Go Figure but I'm not sure how necessary that is. Unfortunately, the go figure app WON'T indicate if your login info is correct or not. I redid it a few times before I was confident it was right.
I must be missing a step. I use Tidal not Qobuz but imagine they work the same. In mConnect I logged into to my Tidal app the same way you did Qobuz. It works and I have Tidal working inside of mConnect but I can only see how to connect to the Poly through airplay, which will not stream full resolution because of the airplay limitation. I'm missing how to connect mConnect to the Poly NOT going through airplay.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back