Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 13, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #16,006 of 18,757
I sympathize with you for sure. These are two well established streaming services and the Mojo/Poly has been on the market and selling well for some time now. The lack of authentic information on the configuration of these streaming combinations is appalling. At the very least, Chord could offer more detailed info here. Or even better, a Go Figure app which could act as a decent player. I did also restart the Poly following the setup, just because. After all, the source files, the app and the hardware are from three different companies, who don't necessarily care that much about each other, a recipe for just this sort of problem. There's a question on this very issue in the FAQ for Chord's streamer help section...unanswered. I'm sorry I can't offer more help. Chord has a YouTube video concerning configuration for Airplay streaming. Toward the end, they use the Tidal app to stream to the Poly...via airplay. Literally the only real reference from Chord on how to do this.

As an aside, if you're using the SD card slot on the Poly can you see and play those files with mConnect? How about files on your phone? Within mConnect, under the "Play To" tab at the bottom, have you tried tried refreshing the available UPnP devices? I have the Poly Renderer selected.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #16,007 of 18,757
As an aside, if you're using the SD card slot on the Poly can you see and play those files with mConnect? How about files on your phone?
I do have an SD card in the Poly and can see and play those files via Glider and 8Player. I do not see the SD card files with mConnect. I can see my iPhone local files. I've attached two photos that show screens where I think I should be seeing an option to connect to the Poly but don't. Do these screens match yours? How do you connect mConnect with your Poly?

Attachments

• IMG_1120.PNG
    IMG_1120.PNG
    490.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1121.PNG
    IMG_1121.PNG
    383.4 KB · Views: 0
Apr 13, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #16,008 of 18,757
I do have an SD card in the Poly and can see and play those files via Glider and 8Player. I do not see the SD card files with mConnect. I can see my iPhone local files. I've attached two photos that show screens where I think I should be seeing an option to connect to the Poly but don't. Do these screens match yours? How do you connect mConnect with your Poly?

Here's what I see on mine:

IMG_3654C59ACE1B-1.jpeg

I have to wonder if you have indeed missed something in the initial configuration. When I first set up my Poly I certainly had a few issues, and ultimately, I reset the device and used the configuration wizard all the way through. No doubt you've already done this a few times over already. For my end, I did nothing outside the normal with the configuration. No unusual network settings, just the usual info.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #16,010 of 18,757
So there is my problem. For some reason my Poly does not show up as a local server. I've tried the refresh multiple times. I'm not sure why mConnect won't recognize my Poly when the other players do.
I added a bit more to the bottom of my reply above, but to repeat, you might consider resetting the Poly and doing the configuration wizard from start to finish. Only when I had done that myself, did I start to see results. By the way, you're not in Hotspot mode are you? And your play mode on Go Figure should say "Everything Else".

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #16,011 of 18,757
I added a bit more to the bottom of my reply above, but to repeat, you might consider resetting the Poly and doing the configuration wizard from start to finish. Only when I had done that myself, did I start to see results. By the way, you're not in Hotspot mode are you? And your play mode on Go Figure should say "Everything Else".
I'll give the Poly a fresh reset tonight but I don't have high hopes because I'm having the exact same issue on the Hugo 2 with 2GO. Both players work fine with Glider and 8Player but neither is recognized by mConnect. The only reason I want to get mConnect working is to stream Tidal Master tracks which I believe neither Glider or 8Player can do. If anyone knows of a better method to stream Tidal at Full-Rez please let me know.

It really is maddening that Chord has this janky half baked method of streaming in 2021. I would think with the amount of Poly and 2GO's they have and could sell they would create their own solution and not rely on 3rd party aps. I am a big fan of Chords sound and also have the TT2/M Scaler. I have wondered if Chord would ever come out with a self contained DAP to compete with Astell&Kern and the other high end DAP's. However, if it worked like the Poly and 2Go I would probably shoot myself the day it arrived.

Apr 13, 2021 at 3:17 PM Post #16,012 of 18,757
I'll give the Poly a fresh reset tonight but I don't have high hopes because I'm having the exact same issue on the Hugo 2 with 2GO. Both players work fine with Glider and 8Player but neither is recognized by mConnect. The only reason I want to get mConnect working is to stream Tidal Master tracks which I believe neither Glider or 8Player can do. If anyone knows of a better method to stream Tidal at Full-Rez please let me know.

It really is maddening that Chord has this janky half baked method of streaming in 2021. I would think with the amount of Poly and 2GO's they have and could sell they would create their own solution and not rely on 3rd party aps. I am a big fan of Chords sound and also have the TT2/M Scaler. I have wondered if Chord would ever come out with a self contained DAP to compete with Astell&Kern and the other high end DAP's. However, if it worked like the Poly and 2Go I would probably shoot myself the day it arrived

How are you getting around the Tidal MQA thing, since, I don't believe Chord has ever supported it(Rob Watts hates it).

Apr 13, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #16,013 of 18,757
How are you getting around the Tidal MQA thing, since, I don't believe Chord has ever supported it(Rob Watts hates it).
That's a good question and I may be doing all this in vain if streaming Tidal from mConnect isn't going to play high rez. I'd be fine with getting a Qobuz account if I knew there was a way to stream hi rez to the Poly and 2GO.

Apr 13, 2021 at 4:52 PM Post #16,014 of 18,757
So there is my problem. For some reason my Poly does not show up as a local server. I've tried the refresh multiple times. I'm not sure why mConnect won't recognize my Poly when the other players do.
Chord Poly:poly [Renderer]-mediaserver appears in mconnect Pro on my iPod Touch (iOS 12.5.2) but not on my iPad Mini 5 (iPadOS 14.4.2). Mconnect on the Touch will then stream hires to Poly.

Apr 13, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #16,015 of 18,757
Chord Poly:poly [Renderer]-mediaserver appears in mconnect Pro on my iPod Touch (iOS 12.5.2) but not on my iPad Mini 5 (iPadOS 14.4.2). Mconnect on the Touch will then stream hires to Poly.
Correction: I didn’t sream by using [Renderer]-mediaserver but by selecting Qobuz at the top of the Browser Library screen and then signing in to Qobuz.

Apr 14, 2021 at 5:12 AM Post #16,016 of 18,757
Hiding away in Chord's support FAQ for the Poly I did find this question:

HOW DO I CONNECT TO AND PLAYBACK TIDAL AND QOBUZ CONTENT USING GOFIGURE?​

It does offer some direction on setup for streaming services. I also found a reference elsewhere from Chord which specifically stated that the Qobuz app is only capable of connecting to the Poly via Apple Airplay. So a third party DLNA app is currently the ONLY way to stream music to the Poly at full resolution. In my case, using iPhone, mConnect Pro is the only app I've tried that "just worked" and left me with a usable interface(actual album cover art icons) and not a sea of folder icons. I was not able to access Qobuz via Glider Pro or 8 Player pro. They both showed Qobuz via folder trees though. mConnect seems to be the best solution for streaming Qobuz at full resolution and for accessing files on the microSD Card.

mConnect also shines when playing HiRes files from iPhone to Poly. For anyone running iPhone 12 or later you MUST turn ON the maximize compatibility switch in the personal hotspot control panel otherwise Poly WON’T see you.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #16,017 of 18,757
So mConnect in hybrid mode... SD card works near perfectly!

But Tidal via mConnect does not. Tidal via mConnect does work on home wifi, but songs won't play over my cellular internet.

Anyone else manage figure out this case? I want to be able to to stream tidal hifi on the go.

Apr 14, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #16,018 of 18,757
That's a good question and I may be doing all this in vain if streaming Tidal from mConnect isn't going to play high rez. I'd be fine with getting a Qobuz account if I knew there was a way to stream hi rez to the Poly and 2GO.
Tidal Masters will sound great on Mojo even without the unfolding. Don't worry about MQA unless you have $1500+ to spend on a new DAC. And even then...

Apr 14, 2021 at 6:11 PM Post #16,020 of 18,757
I was wondering those using an external power supply like sbooster what power cable do you like with it feeding the qutest....
I have this set up but stopped when it came to the power cables. Still using stock. All I wanted was a black background and in my location, with my system, the s-booster alone was all it took to give me that. You might be better off posting this question in a different forum however, since you're about as far off topic as it gets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back