Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 3, 2021 at 7:46 AM Post #15,976 of 18,784
Sadly the streams embedded in Gofigure were turned off by the BBC last month. It's part of the BBC's plan to push users onto the BBC sounds app to track usage. Very frustrating as I used this daily. As an Android user I don't have the ability to cast BBC Sounds to the Poly. Still waiting for that. In an email exchange with Ed in Chord support last month, it's confirmed it won't be in the next firmware either
Thanks for the help - that sounds like it’s the answer.

Apr 4, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #15,977 of 18,784
In the past, Poly blinked red/blue while turning on P Status LED), connected to the GoFigure App, Network, all was fine.

Now, the battery is faster empty thank a water can in a hot summer. And i have to plug the poly back to the Mojo everytime.

Any suggestion?

Apr 4, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #15,978 of 18,784
In the past, Poly blinked red/blue while turning on P Status LED
the alternating colored light is normal. This happens when the micro SD card is expanded with new data (music). Even if you only create a new playlist via an mpd app like m.a.l.p. It always happens the next time you turn on the Mojo / Poly and it connects to a wifi.

Now, the battery is faster empty thank a water can in a hot summer. And i have to plug the poly back to the Mojo everytime.
The problem with the battery doesn't sound good. How many hours does the battery last on your Mojo / Poly?. The battery life is the bottleneck of the Mojo / Poly anyway. My unit has never lasted longer than 5 to 6 hours.

Any suggestion?
chord customer service... i guess? Unfortunately, the customer service is not very helpful. For example: I was only told that the battery life and especially the huge 5 hours and 30 minutes charging time with a 2a charger of my unit were quite normal. Well, when I asked why there is such a huge gap between the official manufacturer information and the actual runtime and charging time, they don't wanted to answer that.

Apr 4, 2021 at 6:34 PM Post #15,979 of 18,784
Hi - another question I am hoping you guys can help with?

The mconnect app only ‘sees’ the poly as a upnp renderer when the mojopoly is initially turned on for about 20 seconds. If I connect in that window the connection is stable and has been fine for a few hours of playback. If I miss the window though I seem to have to turn off the poly restart the app and have another go. I have tried restarting the poly from the go configure app but that didn’t seem to work.

Poly is set up in wireless mode and it doesn’t seem to matter if the phone connects to 5ghz even though the poly is on 2.4ghz. They are both on the same network. Airplay remains an option at all,times even if the poly is not shown as a upnp renderer.

Is this normal - any suggestions if not?

Apr 4, 2021 at 7:58 PM Post #15,980 of 18,784
Hi - another question I am hoping you guys can help with?

The mconnect app only ‘sees’ the poly as a upnp renderer when the mojopoly is initially turned on for about 20 seconds. If I connect in that window the connection is stable and has been fine for a few hours of playback. If I miss the window though I seem to have to turn off the poly restart the app and have another go. I have tried restarting the poly from the go configure app but that didn’t seem to work.

Poly is set up in wireless mode and it doesn’t seem to matter if the phone connects to 5ghz even though the poly is on 2.4ghz. They are both on the same network. Airplay remains an option at all,times even if the poly is not shown as a upnp renderer.

Is this normal - any suggestions if not?
I don’t have this problem using mconnect pro on an iPad Mini.

Apr 5, 2021 at 7:58 AM Post #15,981 of 18,784
Hi Guys,

Here are my findings so far.

I am on App version 2.05 and using Glider for control and playback, Glider App is up to date. With my Mojo and Poly no music was actually being played. I am using a I Phone 10.

Mojo and Poly both fully charged at 100%

MPD Player shows 5,900 songs. Scan Disk 366.79 of which 110.20 GB free.

I started at 19.00 Sunday night and finished at 21.30.

Via Glider albums were still being added 8.30 pm and later.

By the time I finished at 21.30 about 70% of my album art was still missing which I think is just un acceptable for a device that costs nearly £1,000 and the Glider App, Chord really should have devised their own App.

Personally I was thinking of purchasing the 2Go for my Hugo 2, however if the same problem would arise with the album art I will just purchase the new I Basso DX300.

At 21.30 my Poly showed 81% Battery.

Turned on at 12.30 today and battery level on Poly shows 78%.

Please note, if I put the same SD Card into my Sony WM1Z, AK 380, Questyle QP2R, AK 70 and Shangling Mo all my album art shows up from the same SD Card.

Showing at 21.30 last night, although the photos show a time just after 19.00 the same albums showed the same at 21.30 I just didn’t photograph them again.

94CEED5D-9BDE-4AAF-9E99-CF03B5A8829E.jpeg
93688B39-E6E4-4815-BAD1-7F7F9E7B487A.jpeg
9AE99CB4-C607-4BEF-8F86-990D815C2A18.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2021 at 8:44 AM Post #15,982 of 18,784
Hi Guys,

Here are my findings so far.

I am on App version 2.05 and using Glider for control and playback, Glider App is up to date. With my Mojo and Poly no music was actually being played. I am using a I Phone 10.

Mojo and Poly both fully charged at 100%

MPD Player shows 5,900 songs. Scan Disk 366.79 of which 110.20 GB free.

I started at 19.00 Sunday night and finished at 21.30.

Via Glider albums were still being added 8.30 pm and later.

By the time I finished at 21.30 about 70% of my album art was still missing which I think is just un acceptable for a device that costs nearly £1,000 and the Glider App, Chord really should have devised their own App.

Personally I was thinking of purchasing the 2Go for my Hugo 2, however if the same problem would arise with the album art I will just pube the new I Basso DX300.

At 21.30 my Poly showed 81% Battery.

Turned on at 12.30 today and battery level on Poly shows 78%.

Please note, if I put the same SD Card into my Sony WM1Z, AK 380, Questyle QP2R, AK 70 and Shangling Mo all my album art shows up from the same SD Card.

Showing at 21.30 last night, although the photos show a time just after 19.00 the same albums showed the same at 21.30 I just didn’t photograph them again.

Sandisk Ultra Class 10 A1 366.79GB 7.94Gb free
11075 Songs all with embedded art
Poly imdexing 12 min
Glider sync 3 min
iPad Mini 5

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #15,983 of 18,784
Update on my Mojo/Poly findings.

If I use the Network my Poly and after syncing this Network all my album artwork does show up, however when I try and play any of my High Res Albums they are only playing in CD quality Flac as indicated by the red light on my Mojo.

However, when I then use my MPD player on my Network and after syncing lots of my album artwork is still missing, however when I now play my High Res albums like 96 Flac my Mojo indicates the colour green like it should do.

Apr 7, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #15,986 of 18,784
After reading a lot on this thread I have the Poly working as a hotspot connected to my iPhone in hybrid mode. Glider is working well most of the time but once in a while needs a reboot. I downloaded Mconnect to be able to stream Tidal Masters to the Poly but the Poly does not show up as a UpnP device or a DLNA under the server settings. I can play Tidal through Mconnect using airplay but I think that doesn't stream the Master quality tracks at their full resolution.

Can anyone give me some pointers on how to connect Mconnect as a renderer to the Poly to stream Tidal?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #15,990 of 18,784
Last week I posted about the Poly firmware update. I sent a follow up asking for more details as I took their "fairly imminently" as in any day now. Here is the reply from Chord when I asked about a date or date range for the release:
The update itself is fairly substantial and requires extensive primary (do the functions work?) and secondary (what effect do they have on everything else?) testing. This is rendered more complex by it now having been a year since we were all in the same place at the same time. We hope to do the public release inside of a month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back