Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 6, 2021 at 1:46 AM Post #15,845 of 18,853
How is the Poly doing these days?

I had a Poly half a year ago that I decided to part with as it was too prone to wifi problems with frequent dropouts, me losing contact with the unit etc.

However it fills a gap in my user scenario and so I haven’t lost my interest in the Poly completely yet.

Any workarounds, new software updates or hacks that improves on this marvellous unit’s stability?

As an idea the Poly is great. Its execution not so much it seems.

Feb 6, 2021 at 3:57 AM Post #15,846 of 18,853
How does a dedicated audio company like Chord suck so much man. This is not even funny.

Lately I have been using the Apple Airpods Max with my 4K Samsung TV late at night when I don’t use the speakers and is actually not that bad.

Last night I tried to the same with the Chord Poly via bluetooth and it was a big joke. Stuttering audio and all kinds of BS. I tried it with my MacBook Pro via bluetooth, same BS.

Yet an other example of Chord their amateur engineering.

I guess my Apple AirPods Max is much better for late night TV watching when my girlfriend tries to sleep. It always works.

And before anyone blames the bluetooth on my TV, Mac’s, iPhone’s or iPad, every single bluetooth headphone works flawless so the problem is caused by the Poly.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2021 at 4:26 AM Post #15,847 of 18,853
Seems I got a work around for the shoddy bluetooth implemention by Chord.

I can use the M1 Mac Mini that I have connected to my TV and then connect the Poly via Airplay.

But then I have to use my wireless keyboard and mouse on the sofa instead of just simply only having to use the remote control of my TV.

So the Apple Airpods Max will still be the most favourable solution for late night TV watching.

Feb 6, 2021 at 4:47 AM Post #15,848 of 18,853

I had a Poly half a year ago that I decided to part with as it was too prone to wifi problems with frequent dropouts, me losing contact with the unit etc.

However it fills a gap in my user scenario and so I haven’t lost my interest in the Poly completely yet.

Any workarounds, new software updates or hacks that improves on this marvellous unit’s stability?

I bought one recently after selling my first duo months ago. I haven't looked back, great for on the go and a fantastic Roon endpoint.

Go for it!

Feb 6, 2021 at 4:49 AM Post #15,849 of 18,853
I would actually never consider using Bluetooth for anything other than setup purposes.

I have my Airpods Pro for that.

Feb 6, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #15,850 of 18,853

I’ve been using reliably for 3 years since they swapped out my original unit. I don’t think much has changed since then and it’s been working fine for me the whole time. I use it with Roon at home, iPhone hotspot out and about, and Poly hotspot on airplanes.

Feb 6, 2021 at 8:34 PM Post #15,851 of 18,853

I’ve been using this combo for almost 3 years. After initial setup and firmware updates everything runs fantastic besides little things like slow cold starts in the winter. Mojo’s battery degraded over time so I reached out to Moon Audio and got the replacement which fits and works as new. Now I do not use Poly much in the WiFi mode but it still works fine. Mostly it is in its GoFigure Airplane mode for IEMs and my car or portable speakers. Other times it’d be just using Mojo as my desktop usb DAC for gaming or Optical TV DAC for shows. When someone else wants to connect to Poly its the good old hybrid mode for apple devices. This combo is super versatile. Best audio purchase I’ve made for sure.

Feb 7, 2021 at 1:21 AM Post #15,852 of 18,853
I managed to borrow a Chord 2GO and on that device bluetooth audio works much better. So that probably means that the bluetooth on the Poly cannot be fixed most likely.

However since the Apple AirPods Max sounds much better than a Chord 2GO + Hugo 2 + AFC 2 (bluetooth audio), you don't miss out on anything.

It was a nice little experiment with a very surprising outcome. Not all bluetooth is the same apparently. I still do not understand why bluetooth audio of an audiophile company like Chord is so much inferior to a smartphone company like Apple. It is a night and day difference. I expected the opposite result.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #15,853 of 18,853
The official MojoPoly hard case snap tabs broke recently. So instead of replacing with same case or the super pricey VanNuys leather case I embarked on a hunt for an alternative option. I ended up landing on this fully customizable EaseCase found on eBay. Ordered Jan 27, received today (expected delivery was a one month time frame between March & April). The fit is perfect and case itself is not bulky at all. Engraving/Etching is an option as well. About $90 CDN.

83E31F91-3FC5-4E41-9FF3-C93B5E91438D.jpegE9425CD0-4C8A-4BAA-B1A8-43B5CD9EC442.jpeg10789DCC-2982-4290-9BD3-D781C6E59214.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back