Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 16, 2024 at 3:15 PM Post #18,841 of 19,017
I'm sorry for this message, as I must be the umpteenth person here to have problem to configure Poly, but I need some help. I spent 4 hours this afternoon with no results... I did the Gofigure configuration and saved my appartment's wifi but I can't play music from Apple Music, play radio from the Gofigure app. In hotspot mode, Poly appear on my wifi network, on my mobile (I use an iPhone 15 pro max) and when I choose it, it leads me to Chord's Wifi network (my apartment's Wifi is chosen by default (the password doesn't appear but I guess it's normal) and then... nothing... I can't go any further this step! I'd like to be able to connect it to my apartments Wifi network, when at home, to play music from my iPhone, to be able to connect it to my iPhone's wifi when I'm outside, to continue to be able to stream music. Plus, adding the fact that I can't update the firmware "device disconnected", from my 3.2.0 to 3.2.4 (the latest one, apparently).
Do you know any helphul guide? I'm totally lost!

May 16, 2024 at 3:46 PM Post #18,843 of 19,017
Thanks. How do I know if I'm connected to a 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz, since I don't have the choice? Other than that, this video is very limited and it doesn't answer my questions
Poly cannot do 5GHz it's 2.4 only.
Don't put Poly in Hotspot Mode. Just connect the Poly to home network when at home and when out and about to Phone's hotspot.
In GoFigure after selecting Poly, Click settings button in the bottom bar and you will have all information about the current state.

May 16, 2024 at 3:58 PM Post #18,844 of 19,017
I just picked up a mojo2/poly from the FS forum here and all seems to be okay on firmware 3.0.0 with Roon, UPnP via jplay, and MPD/SD card via Rigelian.

However, it seems to be impossible to update the Poly firmware through the gofigure iOS app. gofigure says 3.2.0 is available (which I understand is not even the current version) but each time I try to update it shortly after initiating the update says "Device Disconnected". From what I read in this thread, this is a common problem without a fix and Chord hasn't acknowledged it?
Chord has acknowledged the current server issues in several messages to owners, who then post the replies in this thread, for example

May 16, 2024 at 4:25 PM Post #18,845 of 19,017
Poly cannot do 5GHz it's 2.4 only.
Don't put Poly in Hotspot Mode. Just connect the Poly to home network when at home and when out and about to Phone's hotspot.
In GoFigure after selecting Poly, Click settings button in the bottom bar and you will have all information about the current state.
Well, I saw a confirmation from wifi box app that Poly is connected in 2.4Ghz, in excellent quality at about 1.5 meters from the wifi box, and in medium quality at about 3 meters....

Now, how can I play music from Apple Music or Youtube for example? Do I play it straight from the app or should I do this from an app like 8 Player?

May 16, 2024 at 4:26 PM Post #18,846 of 19,017
Well, I saw a confirmation from wifi box app that Poly is connected in 2.4Ghz, in excellent quality at about 1.5 meters from the wifi box, and in medium quality at about 3 meters....

Now, how can I play music from Apple Music or Youtube for example? Do I play it straight from the app or should I do this from an app like 8 Player?

You have to use AirPlay for those.

May 16, 2024 at 4:43 PM Post #18,848 of 19,017
I thought that I could play lossless music connected in network mode. Is Airplay the only solution??

Poly supports UPnP/DLNA, MPD, Airplay and Roon. For Apple Music and Youtube, Airplay is the only choice AFAIK. Maybe other users know better ways, but I haven't discovered them.

May 16, 2024 at 4:59 PM Post #18,849 of 19,017
Poly supports UPnP/DLNA, MPD, Airplay and Roon. For Apple Music and Youtube, Airplay is the only choice AFAIK. Maybe other users know better ways, but I haven't discovered them.
I'm on Apple Music now since I have a one month free trial, but I could move to Qobuz or Tidal later... Can I stream music in Hi-Res with Roon? And can Roon be used when outside, through my mobile phone with Wi-Fi hotspot generated by my smartphone? I'm sorry for these questions, I don't know what Roon can do exactly. I have a free trial as well and if it works, I could subscribe to it.

Last edited:
May 16, 2024 at 7:42 PM Post #18,851 of 19,017
I'm on Apple Music now since I have a one month free trial, but I could move to Qobuz or Tidal later... Can I stream music in Hi-Res with Roon? And can Roon be used when outside, through my mobile phone with Wi-Fi hotspot generated by my smartphone? I'm sorry for these questions, I don't know what Roon can do exactly. I have a free trial as well and if it works, I could subscribe to it.

Roon is most useful on your local network and it supports Hi-Res and DSD. They do have an app called Roon ARC that works externally but I don't know how to connect wirelessly with Poly in Hi-Res. You can, however, use the mConnect app to stream Hi-Res Tidal and Qobuz both internally and externally from your iPhone with UPnP. Of course you can also use an USB cable direct to Mojo and stream anything your iPhone supports without using the Poly.

Edit:

Some MPD apps also support Tidal and/or Qobuz (presumably Hi-Res) but I haven't tried personally.

Last edited:
May 17, 2024 at 12:54 PM Post #18,852 of 19,017
I'm sorry for this message, as I must be the umpteenth person here to have problem to configure Poly, but I need some help. I spent 4 hours this afternoon with no results... I did the Gofigure configuration and saved my appartment's wifi but I can't play music from Apple Music, play radio from the Gofigure app. In hotspot mode, Poly appear on my wifi network, on my mobile (I use an iPhone 15 pro max) and when I choose it, it leads me to Chord's Wifi network (my apartment's Wifi is chosen by default (the password doesn't appear but I guess it's normal) and then... nothing... I can't go any further this step! I'd like to be able to connect it to my apartments Wifi network, when at home, to play music from my iPhone, to be able to connect it to my iPhone's wifi when I'm outside, to continue to be able to stream music. Plus, adding the fact that I can't update the firmware "device disconnected", from my 3.2.0 to 3.2.4 (the latest one, apparently).
Do you know any helphul guide? I'm totally lost!
Moon Audio has got a very extensive user guide.
Scroll to the pdf files.

Moon Audio Poly

May 17, 2024 at 12:57 PM Post #18,853 of 19,017
It seems most positive reviews are coming from those who use Roon right?
Has anyone used the Qobuz integration and can comment on it?
I can't really see how that goes, can you stream directly from Qobuz?

My use case would revolve around using Qobuz on one hand and using the SD slot on the other hand.
Still considering whether the Poly would satisfy my use case.

Thanks.

May 17, 2024 at 1:51 PM Post #18,854 of 19,017

My use case would revolve around using Qobuz on one hand and using the SD slot on the other hand.

Thanks.

What Qobuz integration? You can stream Qobuz via MPD or UPnP, depending on your device and app. What are using as a source, Android, iOS, PC, Mac?

Last edited:
May 17, 2024 at 2:01 PM Post #18,855 of 19,017

Thanks.
Using the poly with the software mConnect and streaming from qobuz is my sole use case. I can't Think of anything to complain about, apart from the fact that I would really like to save a playlist persistently in the user Interface of mConnect. Pausing a track or an album works flawlessly, but resuming it later with hitting the play button doesn't work every time. So I just press skip forward or skip back, but no resuming inside the track which was interrupted by myself.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back