Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 10, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #15,856 of 18,821
Is the sound from Mojo + Poly better (cleaner, etc) than Mojo only ?

Feb 10, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #15,857 of 18,821
Is the sound from Mojo + Poly better (cleaner, etc) than Mojo only ?
IMHO, absolutely yes. The Mojo+poly sounds significantly better than the Mojo alone connected USB to a laptop or smartphone.

Feb 10, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #15,858 of 18,821
I want to give a positive shout out to Chord customer service. Last December, I purchase a Chord Mojo and Poly from a Head fier for my brother in law as a Christmas gift. He set it up, used it and loves it. Then recently, the Poly stopped sending out signals to connect to the smartphone. I told my BIL to contact Chord via email. He did. He found that the original product was shipped to a UK distributor sometime in 2019. They diagnosed the problem via email and determine it couldn't be fixed. So, they said to ship it back to them and they have agreed to replace it. My BIL just had to pay for shippping which was $12 to the UK. Well done, Chord.

Feb 10, 2021 at 4:13 PM Post #15,860 of 18,821
Is it possible to just connect via Poly's hotspot mode and then use the wifi on the phone to stream ie Tidal to the Poly? That would be a workaround for Poly's buggy wifi connection.
If you are using an iPhone, I know the answer is no. You can only connect to a single WiFi network at a time. So if you are connected to the Poly hotspot, you won't be able to connect to a second WiFi to stream a service. I don't have any Android devices to try it.

Feb 10, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #15,861 of 18,821
Hi folks, I finally got my Poly after coveting one for years. The AirPlay works nicely but I am having a beast of a time with SD card playback. I am trying to use a cache of approx. 22K mp3 tracks from old Apple computers on a 512 gb Samsung evo card. It is not essential that I get these to play via the card, but it would be nice.

DLNA/8player Pro is a total disaster, playback starts but it breaks down & stops quickly and necessitates a full reset of everything.

Glider seems to be a good solution for FLACs, but the app only detects approx. 800 out of 22000 mp3s on my SD card (correct # of songs confirmed by GoFigure). The MPD directory index stops midway through the letter A and re-indexing the card in GoFigure isn't helping.

If I delete those three index files and let the Poly try to index it from scratch again, will that help with the mp3s on Glider? Or is it something else?

Also, should I adopt the "hybrid" mode for SD card stability? Using an iPhone X on home Wi-Fi and results are decidedly mixed so far. Any advice welcome!

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #15,862 of 18,821
Glider depends on the database built by the go figure app. Make sure he completes the full process which will probably take at least half an hour. Then try it again. If not post the results!!

Feb 10, 2021 at 8:52 PM Post #15,863 of 18,821
Glider depends on the database built by the go figure app. Make sure he completes the full process which will probably take at least half an hour. Then try it again. If not post the results!!
OK, that makes sense, because my GoFigure app and Poly's RGB light cycle go idle after a minute or two of indexing... Should I just hit re-index and leave it alone for 30 min? Or do I need to delete stuff on the card?

Feb 10, 2021 at 9:13 PM Post #15,864 of 18,821
Hi folks, I finally got my Poly after coveting one for years. The AirPlay works nicely but I am having a beast of a time with SD card playback. I am trying to use a cache of approx. 22K mp3 tracks from old Apple computers on a 512 gb Samsung evo card. It is not essential that I get these to play via the card, but it would be nice.

DLNA/8player Pro is a total disaster, playback starts but it breaks down & stops quickly and necessitates a full reset of everything.

Glider seems to be a good solution for FLACs, but the app only detects approx. 800 out of 22000 mp3s on my SD card (correct # of songs confirmed by GoFigure). The MPD directory index stops midway through the letter A and re-indexing the card in GoFigure isn't helping.

If I delete those three index files and let the Poly try to index it from scratch again, will that help with the mp3s on Glider? Or is it something else?

Also, should I adopt the "hybrid" mode for SD card stability? Using an iPhone X on home Wi-Fi and results are decidedly mixed so far. Any advice welcome!
I am a huge fan of the Mojo+Poly pairing. I love the sound and the form factor. I like it so much, I bought one for my BIL for Christmas and got a 2Go for my Hugo 2. However, what I don't like is the software and the bad connectivity problems. As a result of those problems, I purchased a Hiby R6 2020 DAP. It's a $799 product vs. $749 for the Poly. The R6 2020 outperforms the Poly in every way except for the form factor in connecting to the Mojo, but it works with my Hugo 2 as well. It runs Android, so I can run the native Tidal application and download music. The SD card works perfectly and has over 550G of storage. And, it sounds great on its own. The Mojo still has more power to drive full sized headphones and I prefer the sound signature of the Mojo over the Hiby DAP. I don't have a Hiby R3 Pro, but that product is $199 and probably has most of the features that I enjoy with the R6 2020 and would probably pair very nicely with the Mojo. Chord really needs to improve the software and networking capabilities of the Poly or it will remain uncompetitive against full featured DAPs that can do these features well and also pair with or independently of the Mojo.

Feb 10, 2021 at 9:43 PM Post #15,865 of 18,821
OK, that makes sense, because my GoFigure app and Poly's RGB light cycle go idle after a minute or two of indexing... Should I just hit re-index and leave it alone for 30 min? Or do I need to delete stuff on the card?
Are you sure there is enough free space left on the card to build the index files?

Feb 10, 2021 at 10:40 PM Post #15,866 of 18,821
Might I suggest “Rigelian” app to use with Poly. Works awesomely well and worth the paltry annual subscription fee.

Feb 11, 2021 at 3:11 AM Post #15,867 of 18,821
hi, is there any manual/doc on how to configure the sd card for poly?
I have 2 cards 1 64GB from Sandisk and 512GB from Samsung. the 64gb works without a problem but the 512gb card doesn't work.
it works fine on pc but poly sees it as 0.19gb card with 0 file.
(nothing shows up on 8player, etc, either)

Feb 11, 2021 at 4:46 AM Post #15,868 of 18,821
hi, is there any manual/doc on how to configure the sd card for poly?
I have 2 cards 1 64GB from Sandisk and 512GB from Samsung. the 64gb works without a problem but the 512gb card doesn't work.
it works fine on pc but poly sees it as 0.19gb card with 0 file.
(nothing shows up on 8player, etc, either)

Initially I had problems indexing my card that were down to corrupt music files accrued on the card in a haphazard way over many years in many different formats...

Also, Poly doesn't like special characters in file names.

I had to spend some time on card file housekeeping to ensure proper indexing.

And there are also little annoyances/tricks such as m3u playlists having to have unix (LF) line breaks - I use notepad++ on windows to ensure this when creating playlists

Also the card has to be ExFAT formatted

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2021 at 5:42 AM Post #15,869 of 18,821
Initially I had problems indexing my card that were down to corrupt music files accrued on the card in a haphazard way over many years in many different formats...

Also, Poly doesn't like special characters in file names.

I had to spend some time on card file housekeeping to ensure proper indexing.

And there are also little annoyances/tricks such as m3u playlists having to have unix (LF) line breaks - I use notepad++ on windows to ensure this when creating playlists

Also the card has to be ExFAT formatted

this actually is the annoying/puzzling part... the 64gb card (the working one) is in fat32. I was using it with another dap before I got poly, and it worked as is.
the 512gb card was not recognized until I reformatted to exfat, and I tried it with bunch of different files but it just doesn't work.

Feb 11, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #15,870 of 18,821
Are you sure there is enough free space left on the card to build the index files?
Yeah more than half of the 512 GB card is free... I'm just going to give up on this, it is a giant clump of disorganized mp3s dating back to the 90's and probably too much for Poly to index it. Smarter for me to just upload those mp3s to a Mac in Apple Music for AirPlay. Then use the SD card for a nice tidy collection of FLACs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back