Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 12, 2021 at 6:46 PM Post #15,826 of 18,784
Hi,

I have a chord mojo poly and have latest gofigure firmware but the gofigure has hard time finding the chord poly but worse yet while it finds my home wifi network it does not any longer connect to it. My phone has no problem connecting to my wifi network so why does gofigure see it but won't connect?

The chord mojo light has three lights on when booted up but then goes to just the two volume lights on...since.cannot find network? If switch to Hotspot the power button turns on..

Any advice.....has worked in past so latest snag frustrating

Mojo will only display in the volume LEDs until some music is received/ processed, and then the power button LED will light to show the sample rate of the music file being processed, eg red = 44.1khz.

Note that the Poly operates in the 2.4Ghz Wi-fi band only, so it’s important that your Wi-fi router has a 2.4Ghz carrier available. If you have made any other changes to your Wi-fi router - password etc - those also need to be done in the Poly too. Perhaps you should setup the Poly Wi-fi over again? Also, when you get the Poly connected perhaps check that you have the latest firmware in the Poly, as well as the latest version of Gofigure on your phone/tablet.

Jan 12, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #15,827 of 18,784
Hi,

I have the latest poly firmware and per suggestion deleted my home wifi from networks within gofigure and then added back home wifi with current password.

It added network again within poly but still will not connect to home network.

I updated firmware on my apple airport extreme and that didnt help either...I checked and wifi is running 2.4

I emailed chord to find out what they might suggest...

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2021 at 4:40 AM Post #15,828 of 18,784
Hi,

I have the latest poly firmware and per suggestion deleted my home wifi from networks within gofigure and then added back home wifi with current password.

I updated firmware on my apple airport extreme and that didnt help either...I checked and wifi is running 2.4

No special characters in whe wifi password will help the wifi connection to Poly as will turning on bluetooth and location on your mobile

Jan 22, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #15,829 of 18,784
I recently acquired the Poly and fully charged it. Then connected it to the mojo. I thought if you start the mojo it would eventually turn on the poly as well but the only way I can get the poly to turn on is to plug a micro usb in the poly charge port to jump start it. once it is on it works.

Jan 22, 2021 at 11:05 PM Post #15,830 of 18,784
I recently acquired the Poly and fully charged it. Then connected it to the mojo. I thought if you start the mojo it would eventually turn on the poly as well but the only way I can get the poly to turn on is to plug a micro usb in the poly charge port to jump start it. once it is on it works.
I purchased Poly 3 years ago, first batch that was released. I had that very problem and ended up having to get Poly replaced via warranty. All it took was an email to Chord and the ball began to roll. It was an effortless process back then. Maybe a bit slower now due to shipping/pandemic.

Jan 23, 2021 at 12:14 AM Post #15,831 of 18,784
I purchased Poly 3 years ago, first batch that was released. I had that very problem and ended up having to get Poly replaced via warranty. All it took was an email to Chord and the ball began to roll. It was an effortless process back then. Maybe a bit slower now due to shipping/pandemic.
Thanks for that. I’ll try and see how it goes.

Jan 25, 2021 at 9:42 AM Post #15,832 of 18,784
Hi,

I don´t know, if that helps. I got the Poly since a few days, configuration is still in progress. So....
For me, i had to un- and re-install the Gofigure App to find the Poly at all on android. It seems that bluetooth has to be activated. Otherwise you could go on it via the Poly IP. I also deleted the poly after first log in on the router.

I have another problem:
The sdcard slot in my poly hooks the card and doesn´t drop it. So, i couldn´t get it out to copy music on it. Aaaand i thought i could stream hi-res music easily. I got Amazon Music, Deezer, Spotify and Tidal Hi-Fi. But the highest possible quality via App is with Qobuz. Damn it. I am a bit frustrated actually.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2021 at 10:41 AM Post #15,833 of 18,784
I don´t know, if that helps. I got the Poly since a few days, configuration is still in progress. So....
For me, i had to un- and re-install the Gofigure App to find the Poly at all on android. It seems that bluetooth has to be activated. Otherwise you could go on it via the Poly IP. I also deleted the poly after first log in on the router.

I have another problem:
The sdcard slot in my poly hooks the card and doesn´t drop it. So, i couldn´t get it out to copy music on it. Aaaand i thought i could stream hi-res music easily. I got Amazon Music, Deezer, Spotify and Tidal Hi-Fi. But the highest possible quality via App is with Qobuz. Damn it. I am a bit frustrated actually.

There are many of us who would like to see more streaming support, especially those of us that don't (won't) use Tidal.

Jan 25, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #15,834 of 18,784

I have another problem:
If your SD card is stuck, try loosening the screw(s) directly underneath. Sometimes they are too tight and the force holds the card.

Jan 28, 2021 at 3:23 AM Post #15,835 of 18,784
Happy New Year everyone.

After receiving no reply from Chord about the price of a new battery for my Poly, I decided to source a battery myself. As a trial I bought a cheap equivalent battery (2000 mah Vs 2100 mah Chord original battery)to test how easy and compatible it would be. So far, so good.0DD233BD-8201-476A-9E33-E09358F19142.jpeg74E9A433-4597-4529-8207-AC1EB9813DAE.jpeg74E9A433-4597-4529-8207-AC1EB9813DAE.jpeg7F544D32-13E3-4DC1-9B8A-B741EFA01969.jpeg
and how is the charge holding up

is it the same battery for mojo as well

Jan 29, 2021 at 7:39 AM Post #15,836 of 18,784
If your SD card is stuck, try loosening the screw(s) directly underneath. Sometimes they are too tight and the force holds the card.
I don´t open the Poly by myself actually. I bought it a few weeks ago. I opened a RMA trough the seller. It hooks on the right side. I also tested a bunch of different cards. Still the same.
The Chord Support is answering fast, but could be better in comparison to their exclusive products.

I should ask a friend of mine to build an app.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #15,837 of 18,784
My beloved mojo/poly is slowly failing on me (battery issues and I'm down to 1 working 3.5mm port). It's time to think about moving on. What are people opting for as a replacement for this combo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back