Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Sep 28, 2019 at 6:16 AM Post #14,326 of 18,770
Hi. On the Gofigure launch radio function we are not seeing the issue you have. However once you have entered the new radio station details and hit save you do need to exit the radio page in Gofigure and go back in again to refresh the radio station list (you don't need to close Gofigure though). I'll see if this can be made more intuitive.
If you have an example of a radio station that does not play then let me know and I would be happy to check it here to see if I can find out why.

Radio Paradise regularly doesn't play, I'm using flac stream:

http://stream.radioparadise.com/flac

But the same problem occurs on all paradise streams. Sometimes, even some of the prepopulated bbc radio stations dont play (6 music is particularly hit and miss), at the very same session that others, do play (so not a connection problem). Usually restarting gofigure (sometimes a few times) solves the problem., but not always. I've been paradise-less all night, tonight, and remain so.

Also, not a single radio station can be permanently added on my setup. When new radio stations are added, they show up in gofigure list (sometimes playing, sometimes refusing to), but as soon as you leave the gofigure radio page, they fail to repopulate, and have to be added again.

Sep 28, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #14,327 of 18,770
I bought a Mojo yesterday ago, it is fabulous, I never bought a Poly at the same time because they didn't have them in stock. I would really love one but I am a dinosaur when it comes to setting things up over wifi etc, if it is simple, which seems the norm now, I have no problems, attach to ones home wifi, enter password and that seems to be it. I really am having second thoughts about buying one of these (not cheap)devices. There seems to be so many problems it is untrue. When I first started looking at this thread, I noticed that I had started reading posts that had be submitted over a year ago, but problems still abound. I really want one of these but it looks like I will pass.

Sep 28, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #14,330 of 18,770
Daveathall
I’d go for a poly if it fits your use case. I’ve had mine since day 1 and it’s perfect. Recent software improvements have helped tremendously. What is your use case?
Thank you, I don't understand "use case" I love music and subscribe to Tidal and Qobuz, I, like you have started a free trial with Amazon and concur, it's fabulous. I always have music with me, being retired, I now have more time to spend on this wonderful but never ending hobby.

Sep 28, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #14,331 of 18,770
Thank you, I don't understand "use case" I love music and subscribe to Tidal and Qobuz, I, like you have started a free trial with Amazon and concur, it's fabulous. I always have music with me, being retired, I now have more time to spend on this wonderful but never ending hobby.
By use case, I mean how do you wish to use the mojopoly? At home or away from home. Via pc, iOS or android phone?

Sep 28, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #14,332 of 18,770
Maybe you can buy it online, then you have a 14 day refund period if you get stuck during setup.

Sep 28, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #14,333 of 18,770
Radio Paradise regularly doesn't play, I'm using flac stream:

http://stream.radioparadise.com/flac

But the same problem occurs on all paradise streams. Sometimes, even some of the prepopulated bbc radio stations dont play (6 music is particularly hit and miss), at the very same session that others, do play (so not a connection problem). Usually restarting gofigure (sometimes a few times) solves the problem., but not always. I've been paradise-less all night, tonight, and remain so.

Also, not a single radio station can be permanently added on my setup. When new radio stations are added, they show up in gofigure list (sometimes playing, sometimes refusing to), but as soon as you leave the gofigure radio page, they fail to repopulate, and have to be added again.

Thanks for the link. I've been running Radio Paradise all day now and it has been ok. Mind you I am using Gofigure for iOS but that shouldn't make any difference as the radio player is in Poly and not in Gofigure. Does Gofigure show you have a strong WiFi connection? I know you mentioned that it isn't a connection problem but the majority of internet radio issues are due to some sort of internet connectivity or station availability issue.

By the way I forgot to ask what Android phone and Android OS version you are using as I would like to check this saving radio stations issue.

Sep 28, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #14,334 of 18,770
Thanks for the link. I've been running Radio Paradise all day now and it has been ok. Mind you I am using Gofigure for iOS but that shouldn't make any difference as the radio player is in Poly and not in Gofigure. Does Gofigure show you have a strong WiFi connection? I know you mentioned that it isn't a connection problem but the majority of internet radio issues are due to some sort of internet connectivity or station availability issue.

By the way I forgot to ask what Android phone and Android OS version you are using as I would like to check this saving radio stations issue.

Yes wireless connection strong, (happens when sitting a metre from the router), but same inconsistent radio sration connection problem also happens when on the road, using phone as hotspot and mobile data. Last night, (on wireless), I was trying for hours to get paradise through gofigure, without success. The closest I got was being able to hear it intermittently connect, play for about 4 seconds, then disconnect again. Meanwhile bbc radio 4fm through gofigure was fine. This morning, (same location, same wireless connection), radio paradise connected first time through gofigure, with no issues, whatsoever. As I say, its hit and miss.

Phone is a samsung note 8 (SM-N950F), android version 9, baseband version N950FXXS70DG1, Kernel Version 4.4.111-16168780 Build Number PPR1.180610.011.N950FXXS7DSH1

Sep 29, 2019 at 2:24 AM Post #14,335 of 18,770
Hey Poly-crew, day #1 Poly owner checking-in here hoping to find some assistance from anyone who may have experienced similar troubles to me.

I went to turn on my Poly today - the light blinked and then went solid-blue (as per usual) when it found my wifi network, but then went completely black for about ten/fifteen seconds, and then continued to blink / turn solid blue repeatedly ad nauseum. While the blue light is on, I'm unable to connect with it via bluetooth or GoFigure, and no voice / status is audible when the 'config' is pressed.

Any leads or suggestions? I'm absolutely stumped. Battery is definitely charged.

Sep 29, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #14,337 of 18,770
Yes wireless connection strong, (happens when sitting a metre from the router), but same inconsistent radio sration connection problem also happens when on the road, using phone as hotspot and mobile data. Last night, (on wireless), I was trying for hours to get paradise through gofigure, without success. The closest I got was being able to hear it intermittently connect, play for about 4 seconds, then disconnect again. Meanwhile bbc radio 4fm through gofigure was fine. This morning, (same location, same wireless connection), radio paradise connected first time through gofigure, with no issues, whatsoever. As I say, its hit and miss.

Phone is a samsung note 8 (SM-N950F), android version 9, baseband version N950FXXS70DG1, Kernel Version 4.4.111-16168780 Build Number PPR1.180610.011.N950FXXS7DSH1

Ok I think i'm making progress. Gofigure wouldnt pickup radio paradise again tonight...it occurred to me that whenever this specific problem happens, it only seemed happen to radio stations I have attempted (unsuccessfully) to add...when the new station is added, and an attempt is then made to try to play it, gofigure instead plays whatever WAS playing successfully, most recently; either the most recent (preconfigured) radio station, or even the most recent sd card track (even if mconnect isnt running, which is weird). So it seems that when gofigure has something in the cache, it seems to be interfering with the recognition/streaming/adding of added stations but NOT the preconfigured ones.

Anyhow, so I cleared the cache by resetting everything, including phone, and hey presto! Radio paradise works first time again on startup, and seems to be remembered in the added stations list (so far). So this seems possibly related to the "inability of gofigure to remember added radio stations" problem.

Whether concidence or not, and whether I've found a workaround by resetting everything every time I want to add a new radio station, I'll have to wait to see....(all I know is that resetting poly/mojo, and their connection with my phone had no effects on their own, or together...my phone needed resetting too).

Hope that's helpful in tracking the problem.

Sep 29, 2019 at 5:45 AM Post #14,338 of 18,770
Ahh, got ya. It would be mainly at home but enough time away to justify the price, I would be using it at home in conjunction with a Mac Book pro as the core for Roon, away from home using a Samsung Galaxy S10+.
My experience with mojopoly is with using an iPhone 8+ And sd card/ streaming from phone. I know android phones and mojopoly work well but are a little bit more complicated. I’m sure there are many people on this forum with experience with android phones that can advise and help your journey.

Sep 29, 2019 at 7:20 AM Post #14,339 of 18,770
My experience with mojopoly is with using an iPhone 8+ And sd card/ streaming from phone. I know android phones and mojopoly work well but are a little bit more complicated. I’m sure there are many people on this forum with experience with android phones that can advise and help your journey.

Thank you very much, I have just ordered one, will arrive on Tuesday. Really appreciate your help and encouragement.

Sep 29, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #14,340 of 18,770
Ahh, got ya. It would be mainly at home but enough time away to justify the price, I would be using it at home in conjunction with a Mac Book pro as the core for Roon, away from home using a Samsung Galaxy S10+.

Roon has been fantastic for me with Poly from day one, and I’ve had it since launch. (I know some others have had Roon issues). That use case alone can can justify Poly if you want to move about the house while listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back