Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Aug 25, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #14,162 of 18,757
Aug 25, 2019 at 8:26 PM Post #14,163 of 18,757
The github page says

• Devices - enables copying from/to USB-Mass-Storage (UMS) and MTP devices, and ripping AudioCDs

So I’m thinking it may support pc to poly file copying ....
I don't think there is a way of getting Poly to show up as a UMS or MTP device, so only possible to copy playlists from an MPD client. Happy to be proved wrong.

Aug 25, 2019 at 11:29 PM Post #14,165 of 18,757
You can't transfer files with it in situ. Gotta do it externally from Poly then reinsert and wait for it to rebuild it's database while flashing it's disco lights (and if you've got a larger card it could take quite some time)

Aug 26, 2019 at 7:05 AM Post #14,166 of 18,757
Cantata Mac user here...
writing playlists to mSD card yes
moving files to mSD card no

Same here. I’m trying to track down what’s messing with my dlna and mpd database. I’ll occasionally find albums missing from dlna and consequently the mpd database. It’s usually the same couple albums. Refreshing the databases doesn’t work. I put the microSD card in the Mac and the albums are there and intact. It started when using cantata. Deleting the database files always solves the issue.

Aug 26, 2019 at 7:08 AM Post #14,167 of 18,757
Another tool I use is Yate to check and fix metadata. So far all files and albums show up correctly. I rip to FLAC and DSD so my library exists of these 2 types of files.

Aug 27, 2019 at 4:19 AM Post #14,168 of 18,757
@Matt Bartlett are you able to offer any advice?

Apologies for the late reply. It was a holiday weekend here in the UK so I've been away.
I see that this has mostly been answered. At the moment no you can't directly copy
files to and from the SD card whilst in Poly.
However it is possible to see and play the music stored on the SD card whilst in Poly
using J River MC as Poly will just appear as a DLNA/UPnP server.

Aug 27, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #14,170 of 18,757
Aug 28, 2019 at 4:13 AM Post #14,173 of 18,757
I'd like to report issue with GOFigure quick play playlist show. Problem is that after i load refresh playlist and scroll down up and switch between them it always happens that some playlists are playing not the tracks inside them but completely new playlist. In short - playlist names messes up. Also total amount of playlist also is getting lost. I have each time to reload playlists. After few of them got played i cant find my playlist which is simply gone from list. Again reload does job...

I think Gofigure on next update needs to sort this out. Its annoying and takes extra time from user.

@Matt Bartlett Thank you very much for readresing this issue if its unknown.

Aug 28, 2019 at 4:20 AM Post #14,174 of 18,757
I'd like to report issue with GOFigure quick play playlist show. Problem is that after i load refresh playlist and scroll down up and switch between them it always happens that some playlists are playing not the tracks inside them but completely new playlist. In short - playlist names messes up. Also total amount of playlist also is getting lost. I have each time to reload playlists. After few of them got played i cant find my playlist which is simply gone from list. Again reload does job...

I think Gofigure on next update needs to sort this out. Its annoying and takes extra time from user.

@Matt Bartlett Thank you very much for readresing this issue if its unknown.

This isn't a known issue or at least I have not been made aware of anything like this. It sounds like your database file might be corrupted. Are you able to delete all the database files from your SD card and then put it back into Poly and let it rebuild the database. You will see the P status light flash multiple colours to indicate the database rebuild. See if that fixes the issue for you.

Aug 28, 2019 at 4:23 AM Post #14,175 of 18,757

Users who are viewing this thread

Back