Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jun 25, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #13,668 of 18,801
I went to use my poly today. Turned it on and it said, no sd card, huh .

I tried taking it out and putting it back in but nothing worked, then I noticed it had updated itself to 2.03, I was on 2.0, I never updated to 2.03, and now it looks like the update has killed the sd card slot. As no matter what I did, poly does not recognise my sd card.

Whats with the auto firmware updates anyway, I thought 2.03 was only released for gimps who had problems updating to 2.0.

I was happy as poly worked great for me on 2.0, now I'm unhappy again and my window is open......

What!

UPDATE.

The sd card is dead, it only has a raw 31mb partition that is undeletable or formatable in windows.

The sd card has been in poly for the last year, it was working perfect the last time I used it on 2.0, poly magically updates to 2.03 without me knowing and suddenly my sd card no longer works and is trashed.

Yeah, gtfo with that schiit.

The partition on poly is a raw 31mb partition from a 128GB sd card, poly updating to 2.03 by itself did that schiit, software made a 128gb fat partition turn into a 31mb raw partition.

Out the bloody window it goes.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #13,669 of 18,801
I went to use my poly today. Turned it on and it said, no sd card, huh .

I tried taking it out and putting it back in but nothing worked, then I noticed it had updated itself to 2.03, I was on 2.0, I never updated to 2.03, and now it looks like the update has killed the sd card slot. As no matter what I did, poly does not recognise my sd card.

Whats with the auto firmware updates anyway, I thought 2.03 was only released for gimps who had problems updating to 2.0.

I was happy as poly worked great for me on 2.0, now I'm unhappy again and my window is open......

What!

UPDATE.

The sd card is dead, it only has a raw 31mb partition that is undeletable or formatable in windows.

The sd card has been in poly for the last year, it was working perfect the last time I used it on 2.0, poly magically updates to 2.03 without me knowing and suddenly my sd card no longer works and is trashed.

Yeah, gtfo with that schiit.

The partition on poly is a raw 31mb partition from a 128GB sd card, poly updating to 2.03 by itself did that schiit, software made a 128gb fat partition turn into a 31mb raw partition.

Out the bloody window it goes.
You may be able to run chkdsk /F on the SD card. If you can, you should then be able to format it. If you can't, try running diskpart, select the SD card and run clean. If that works, you should then be able to format it. No guarantees.

Jun 25, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #13,670 of 18,801
You may be able to run chkdsk /F on the SD card. If you can, you should then be able to format it. If you can't, try running diskpart, select the SD card and run clean. If that works, you should then be able to format it. No guarantees.

I've tried, I even tried via the component part in windows to delete the 31mb volume and windows says it cant do it, delete or format the partition. I downloaded sandisks sd card tool for fixing problems with the wrong amount of storage showing, it could also not format the thing. It's showing as a raw 31mb sized volume.

I can't believe it, I rarely use poly and the last time that I did use it, it was working perfect, same with the sd card, I pick poly up today and launched gofigure and chose quick play, but it kept coming up No SD Card I serted.

The sd card has been inside poly for about a year, never taken out and the last time I used poly I was using version 2.0 and everything worked perfect. I turned them off and a week or three later I turn them on and my sd card is trashed and poly is now 2.03 and all my settings had been wiped out, also both mojo and poly were fully charged before I switched them off the last time I used them, but when I turned them on and noticed the mess, poly's battery status was flashing red ? Mojo's was still blue.

The bloody thing was turned off, so why has it drained the battery ? Why did it auto update itself ? Why did it destroy the sd card ?

Ok, it's only an sd card and a small sized one at that, but will every sd card I stick in to poly from now on get trashed ??? Also that dumb auto update crap has to stop, gofigure should warn users that there is a new update and for them to install it, without automatically installing it for them.

Also, devices that are turned off, I dont expect them to still be powered on and draining the battery.

Chord, if you are listening, stop with the forced firmware updates, it is causing nothing but havoc with users.

I've got plenty of other sd cards, I just don't want to put one back in incase it trashes that one as well.

Jun 25, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #13,671 of 18,801
I've tried, I even tried via the component part in windows to delete the 31mb volume and windows says it cant do it, delete or format the partition. I downloaded sandisks sd card tool for fixing problems with the wrong amount of storage showing, it could also not format the thing. It's showing as a raw 31mb sized volume.

I can't believe it, I rarely use poly and the last time that I did use it, it was working perfect, same with the sd card, I pick poly up today and launched gofigure and chose quick play, but it kept coming up No SD Card I serted.

The sd card has been inside poly for about a year, never taken out and the last time I used poly I was using version 2.0 and everything worked perfect. I turned them off and a week or three later I turn them on and my sd card is trashed and poly is now 2.03 and all my settings had been wiped out, also both mojo and poly were fully charged before I switched them off the last time I used them, but when I turned them on and noticed the mess, poly's battery status was flashing red ? Mojo's was still blue.

The bloody thing was turned off, so why has it drained the battery ? Why did it auto update itself ? Why did it destroy the sd card ?

Ok, it's only an sd card and a small sized one at that, but will every sd card I stick in to poly from now on get trashed ??? Also that dumb auto update crap has to stop, gofigure should warn users that there is a new update and for them to install it, without automatically installing it for them.

Also, devices that are turned off, I dont expect them to still be powered on and draining the battery.

Chord, if you are listening, stop with the forced firmware updates, it is causing nothing but havoc with users.

I've got plenty of other sd cards, I just don't want to put one back in incase it trashes that one as well.

Best to email support@chordelectronics.co.uk and see if Mitch can help.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #13,672 of 18,801

Have you tried this one?

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/

Jun 25, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #13,673 of 18,801

I've tried loads today, the card is toast, this is only the second flash drive or sd card that has ever went tits up on me before. Diskpart would list the partition, but when trying to format, it couldn't find it ? All the tools that I used came back with, unable to format or format failed or drive is write protected, which it wasn't.

It was definitely caused by poly, as for a brief minute when using gofigure, as all the settings had been wiped and I had to redo them, I saw my playlists and free space left on the card, then it said something like gofigure or poly needed to reboot and when it came back online the card was dead.

Why it did that and why it updated to 2.03, I have no idea. I even mentioned to mike the other day that I was gunna miss 2.03.

At the end of the day, it's only an sd card, and it's binned now, but if it happens again I will be pissed off. I do have other sd cards, but if I'm being honest I don't think I can trust poly not to do it again, and that auto firmware update malarky has to stop.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2019 at 8:42 PM Post #13,674 of 18,801
I've tried loads today, the card is toast, this is only the second flash drive or sd card that has ever went tits up on me before. Diskpart would list the partition, but when trying to format, it couldn't find it ? All the tools that I used came back with, unable to format or format failed or drive is write protected, which it wasn't.

It was definitely caused by poly, as for a brief minute when using gofigure, as all the settings had been wiped and I had to redo them, I saw my playlists and free space left on the card, then it said something like gofigure or poly needed to reboot and when it came back online the card was dead.

Why it did that and why it updated to 2.03, I have no idea. I even mentioned to you the other day that I was gunna miss 2.03.

At the end of the day, it's only an sd card, and it's binned now, but if it happens again I will be pissed off. I do have other sd cards, but if I'm being honest I don't think I can trust poly not to do it again, and that auto firmware update malarky has to stop.
I sort of assumed that auto update had been ditched with 2.0.0. Perhaps it has been retained for people who can't use Gofigure?

Jun 26, 2019 at 1:02 AM Post #13,675 of 18,801
@Matt Bartlett did post about the risks of updating with the sd card still inserted - can lead to some of the files being accidently saved to the card, instead of to the main memory.
Matt also posted once about some sd cards being susceptible to overheating if many files were transferred at the same time, causing the card to fail.

Maybe you have ended up with a corrupted update, with some files overwriting your sd card index, causing your poly to spend all night trying to rebuild the music file index, and gradually draining your battery.

Best to email support@chordelectronics.co.uk and see if Mitch can help.

Thats the thing though Mike, I didn't update poly, it did it itself and I was unaware of it. Poly and mojo were stuck on charge about 2 weeks ago after I had finished using it, once fully charged I removed the cable and poly sat for a few weeks, turned off until yesterday, whilst turned off, the battery still got drained ?

Remember I told you in a pm that I was very happy with 2.0 and you told me that 2.03 was only for people who had problems updating to 2.0, and I told you that I was not going to update to 2.03 since it was merely a fix for folks who had problems updating to 2.0, and since my poly was working perfect, no way was I going to update to 2.03.

Overheating, poly was only on for 5 minutes, as I noticed problems right away as poly was flashing blue to signify that it could not connect to a wifi network, then it started flashing red for battery power left,, plus for the last year, the sd card was inside poly and was never touched and worked perfectly.

My sd card was a sandisk class 10 u1 128gb card, the best make of sd cards, the link that prittipoly mentioned, that is the sandisk formatting tool, 5.01 which did not work as it cannot format it, it always ended up with format failed. Everything I tried ended up in a failure. I tried numerous apps and command line and even a linux live cd, all to no avail.

As I mentioned, it's only a sd card at the end of the day, but will poly do it again if I insert another card ?

I would email matt if it was poly that was dead, but chord don't make and sell sd cards, so no point in contacting chord about it. But I would like auto updating to be stopped, as thats the second time my poly has updated itself without my knowledge, and when updating I do remove the sd card, but since it auto updated without my knowledge, I couldnt take the sd card out.

Update, I fully charged mojo and poly last night, both were on blue. I disconnected them from the charger and left them like that til this morning, I then turned them on and poly's power light is showing green and mojo's is blue.

WHY is poly's battery draining when it's turned off and not connected to the charger or anything else ???

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2019 at 1:28 AM Post #13,676 of 18,801
IOS 13

POLY NOT SEEING HOTSPOT CREATED BY IPHONE TO TETHER TO.

OTHER IOS DEVICES SEE IT.... NOT POLY???

TESTED MY ANDROID DEVICE... POLY SEES TE NETWORK CREATED HERE.

CAN YOU PLEASE RESOLVE THIS IOS 13 ISSUE

My primary use case has been killed because of this.

thanks

Jun 26, 2019 at 3:19 AM Post #13,678 of 18,801
IOS 13

POLY NOT SEEING HOTSPOT CREATED BY IPHONE TO TETHER TO.

OTHER IOS DEVICES SEE IT.... NOT POLY???

TESTED MY ANDROID DEVICE... POLY SEES TE NETWORK CREATED HERE.

CAN YOU PLEASE RESOLVE THIS IOS 13 ISSUE

My primary use case has been killed because of this.

thanks

iOS 13 is still in beta test so there are bugs that Apple need to address before it is released to the public in September. There are no issues with the current iOS 12.3.1 release and tethering works well. Can you roll back to the current iOS and retest.

Jun 26, 2019 at 3:39 AM Post #13,680 of 18,801
Thats the thing though Mike, I didn't update poly, it did it itself and I was unaware of it. Poly and mojo were stuck on charge about 2 weeks ago after I had finished using it, once fully charged I removed the cable and poly sat for a few weeks, turned off until yesterday, whilst turned off, the battery still got drained ?

Remember I told you in a pm that I was very happy with 2.0 and you told me that 2.03 was only for people who had problems updating to 2.0, and I told you that I was not going to update to 2.03 since it was merely a fix for folks who had problems updating to 2.0, and since my poly was working perfect, no way was I going to update to 2.03.

Overheating, poly was only on for 5 minutes, as I noticed problems right away as poly was flashing blue to signify that it could not connect to a wifi network, then it started flashing red for battery power left,, plus for the last year, the sd card was inside poly and was never touched and worked perfectly.

My sd card was a sandisk class 10 u1 128gb card, the best make of sd cards, the link that prittipoly mentioned, that is the sandisk formatting tool, 5.01 which did not work as it cannot format it, it always ended up with format failed. Everything I tried ended up in a failure. I tried numerous apps and command line and even a linux live cd, all to no avail.

As I mentioned, it's only a sd card at the end of the day, but will poly do it again if I insert another card ?

I would email matt if it was poly that was dead, but chord don't make and sell sd cards, so no point in contacting chord about it. But I would like auto updating to be stopped, as thats the second time my poly has updated itself without my knowledge, and when updating I do remove the sd card, but since it auto updated without my knowledge, I couldnt take the sd card out.

Update, I fully charged mojo and poly last night, both were on blue. I disconnected them from the charger and left them like that til this morning, I then turned them on and poly's power light is showing green and mojo's is blue.

WHY is poly's battery draining when it's turned off and not connected to the charger or anything else ???

Hi @Amberlamps are you certain you did not update Poly through Gofigure? The last automatic update was 1.0.42/43. Since V2.0 the only way to update Poly has been via the update firmware button in Gofigure. There is no other option. Even then Poly will not update if the SD card is inserted and if it isn't on charge - you have a warning message in Gofigure and the update will stop. Also if somehow the update did start then you should have seen the P status light flashing away to indicate the download.
To explain the V2.0.3 update was to improve the transition when connecting to and between routers/access points and it wasn't a fix to help customers who couldn't update to V2.0. You couldn't update to V2.0.3 without installing V2.0 first.
So even if somehow Poly managed to bypass all of steps we put in place to stop the update when something is wrong it still wouldn't damage the SD card. Even in the very worst case it would write the firmware update to the card instead of the onboard storage inside Poly which means Poly would stop working when the SD card was removed. Which clearly hasn't happened in your case

Mike is correct I have had SD cards fail but never whilst in Poly and normally after I have transferred a large amount of music as they get hot when transferring lots of data. However regardless of the type storage device they can and do fail and SD cards are no exception. I think in your case it was just that the card failed and was not related to anything Poly was doing and although I can't do much to reassure you I am certain Poly was not the cause.

So just to confirm there is no auto update since V1.0.42 and you can only update through Gofigure so I hope that helps with your concern about Poly updating when you don't want it to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back