Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jun 9, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #13,561 of 18,896
Good to hear. It is also not 100% stable with my iPhone as well. And I am not going to replace my router for the Chord Poly when everything else works fine. Even my Bose soundbar 700 (yeah, don’t judge me, but it is cool for the bedroom TV though :p) in my bedroom is able stream from all the way downstairs in the living room without problems.

I hope the replacement will solve it as the sound quality of the Campfire Andromeda + Reference 8 cable + Chord Poly & Mojo is amazing as portable solution. Wish me luck :p

Good luck! I hope a replacement Poly will sort it out.

Jun 9, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #13,562 of 18,896
Strange with the fw 2.0.3
If i do not start the GPS, Gofigure on my Galaxy S9 can not see my Poly.
Am i the only one?

Edit: Maybe Chord could change the présentation of Gofigure on GooglePlay and the usermanual. No information about the configuration for radio like:
http://str0.creacast.com/radio-rcj

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2019 at 6:36 PM Post #13,564 of 18,896
Rob had no involvement in the Poly, so I doubt he can provide any info about the 2Go.
Chord are historically tight lipped about release dates, so I doubt that @Matt Bartlett will be able to tell you anything.
This recent interview does refer to the streamer for the Hugo 2, but gives no date for release or shipping.

You are right and why would my prmal scream for disclosure make Chord tell the world what we want to hear, momentary lapse of reason from my side, but atleast I tried to shake the tree...not that it worked but hope that Chord does release the almighty ghost "2GO" soon b4 I have gone down a different route....

At least I hope "Rob & Matt" while in the Chord office tomorrow during coffee break talks with the streaming design PIC that the HeadFiers ar getting impatient and that the time has come to unseal those tight lips and throw us a bone....

Jun 10, 2019 at 2:35 AM Post #13,565 of 18,896
Don't worry, owners have been trying to shake the tree, for quite a few months, but that has produced no dates. Speculation on my part, but Chord are a sponsor of London CanJam, so maybe some of the products mentioned in the article will be revealed then.

Jun 10, 2019 at 3:01 AM Post #13,566 of 18,896
By the way, could the stability issues be caused by the older Chord Mojo (if the Chord Poly + Mojo is 100% stable on your side)? I remember the Chord Poly was not compatible with older Chord Mojo’s and it had to be redesigned in the past.

The reason why I am suspecting something like this is, is that the Chord Poly seems to be doing it’s job if it used with the Samsung 4K TV into the Chord Dave. It is much more stable with the Samsung 4K TV (also using Airplay 2 using the same home Wifi with 1Gbit/s speed, but then just for using it as a server to read the SD card) then the Chord Poly + Mojo combo.

I haven’t picked up a new replacement Chord Poly yet (maybe will do it next weekend if I have time), but was perhaps thinking that the problem could be incompatibility issues with 1st generation Chord Mojo’s again (if the Poly + Mojo is 100% stable on your side)?

Hi UBS28. I don't think it will have anything to do with Mojo as that should have no influence over the network side of things. The test you tried above shows that in the most part DLNA/UPnP is stable so we just need to figure out why in your case Airplay is not working well.
I'm hoping when you get your replacement Poly this will identify something.

Jun 10, 2019 at 3:06 AM Post #13,567 of 18,896
Strange with the fw 2.0.3
If i do not start the GPS, Gofigure on my Galaxy S9 can not see my Poly.
Am i the only one?

Edit: Maybe Chord could change the présentation of Gofigure on GooglePlay and the usermanual. No information about the configuration for radio like:
http://str0.creacast.com/radio-rcj

Yes that is strange. I will get this looked at. I presume that the majority of the time GPS will be on to provide location services for apps and mapping data.

As for Google Play then yes I would like the presentation to be better. You are limited in what you can present and you only get a few number of words to describe everything
but I will see what we can do. The manual yes is lagging behind the new updates but we will get that fixed as soon as we can.

Jun 10, 2019 at 3:07 AM Post #13,568 of 18,896
You are right and why would my prmal scream for disclosure make Chord tell the world what we want to hear, momentary lapse of reason from my side, but atleast I tried to shake the tree...not that it worked but hope that Chord does release the almighty ghost "2GO" soon b4 I have gone down a different route....

At least I hope "Rob & Matt" while in the Chord office tomorrow during coffee break talks with the streaming design PIC that the HeadFiers ar getting impatient and that the time has come to unseal those tight lips and throw us a bone....

The only bone I can throw you is that I will be disappointed if 2019 isn't the year for 2Go.

Jun 10, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #13,569 of 18,896
@Matt Bartlett I wonder if this would cure the issue that @headmanPL had?

What a good shout. Thank you for pointing that out as I wouldn't have tried it. I am very pleased to confirm that if I enable GPS it not only works everytime on the S9+ (my wifes device) , but now the Sony Xperia also works.

I'm currently streaming Ishmael Ensemble over the Internet. Fantastic.

Jun 10, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #13,570 of 18,896
What a good shout. Thank you for pointing that out as I wouldn't have tried it. I am very pleased to confirm that if I enable GPS it not only works everytime on the S9+ (my wifes device) , but now the Sony Xperia also works.

I'm currently streaming Ishmael Ensemble over the Internet. Fantastic.
Glad that it helped.
A completely unintuitive solution, but at least it now gives Matt and the software guys, an avenue to explore and understand the root cause.

Jun 10, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #13,571 of 18,896

I already had to move on from the thought we would get a 2go. I bought the old A&K Kann to use as a transport for now. It has great memory storage which they seem to have done away with for some reason. I have 800g on the 2 cards and can go up to 2tb I think. Good Luck but some HeadFiers are moving on.

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #13,573 of 18,896
The only bone I can throw you is that I will be disappointed if 2019 isn't the year for 2Go.

Dear Matt,

Many thanks for the "bone" at least it is still on the horizon...

Jun 11, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #13,574 of 18,896
So it is by design, "however, it doesn't address why Location services (GPS, etc.) are required and it doesn't seem like [Google] are going to revisit the issue to explain this since it has been marked as the intended behavior.".
Consequently anyone who is not an Android developer will be unaware of the behaviour, and even Android developers are in the dark as to why Google made this design choice.
That means it will still be an unintuitive solution for 99% of Poly owners.
:wink:

Jun 12, 2019 at 1:13 AM Post #13,575 of 18,896
So it is by design, "however, it doesn't address why Location services (GPS, etc.) are required and it doesn't seem like [Google] are going to revisit the issue to explain this since it has been marked as the intended behavior.".
Consequently anyone who is not an Android developer will be unaware of the behaviour, and even Android developers are in the dark as to why Google made this design choice.
That means it will still be an unintuitive solution for 99% of Poly owners.
:wink:
I appreciate your point it's unintuitive and some guidance is helpful - maybe a message on the home screen of gofigure if location services are off?

I'll just add that any BLE devices have this limitation though, so anyone with a smartwatch, smart energy meter, or anything else with app and BLE connection will have seen this, hopefully limiting the impact from the 99% to more like 97% :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back