Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 21, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #13,472 of 19,043
The TV is a streamer by design too; none of its content is stored locally... so actually you are comparing a streamer built by a massive company, with years of experience and less technical restrictions (more space for components, not limited to battery power) to one from a company building its first, with lots of restrictions...

Also, the poly works great (has done for me since the startup issue was fixed, not just V2) and samsung seem to have a large number of issues: https://www.google.com/search?q=samsung+tv+streaming+issues

Looks like you just got lucky with the TV :wink:

Please, do you really believe what you are saying?

This QLED 4K TV is the first TV in the world that can stream music and movies over Airplay 2. It has never existed yet untill last week.

Chord had a 2 year head start and gets beaten by a .... TV.

And the Poly does not work great. I just let the Poly + Mojo stream to a few speakers and it crapped out. My Samsung TV, never had 1 single hiccup. Not a single drop or glitch.

May 21, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #13,474 of 19,043
Your TV may win for only one use case - streaming in a fixed location within a home.
The Poly will win for all other mobile use cases outside the home.
Why do you feel the need to troll? Do you get a kick out of it?

Why do you feel personal offended when a company has customers that finds this unacceptable, especially when even a TV does a better job?

No wonder Chord has a market for selling bad products.

May 21, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #13,476 of 19,043

This QLED 4K TV is the first TV in the world that can stream music and movies over Airplay 2. It has never existed yet untill last week.

And the Poly does not work great. I just let the Poly + Mojo stream to a few speakers and it crapped out. My Samsung TV, never had 1 single hiccup. Not a single drop or glitch.
Each to their own hey. Enjoy your streaming setup, I'm happy with mine :)

May 21, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #13,477 of 19,043
Why do you feel personal offended when a company has customers that finds this unacceptable, especially when even a TV does a better job?

No wonder Chord has a market for selling bad products.
I understand that you are very proud of owning the first TV in the world that can stream music and movies over Airplay 2.
I am also delighted for you that your TV does a better job as a TV, than the Poly.
You however do not seem to comprehend that your TV was designed for a completely different use case to the Poly, by a company with thousands of designers, and using technology and hardware not available three years ago, when work would have started to design the Poly.
Why do you feel upset when people point this out to you? If you want to continue trying to have the last word, you can go on all night - but I have put you on Ignore.

May 21, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #13,478 of 19,043
I understand that you are very proud of owning the first TV in the world that can stream music and movies over Airplay 2.
I am also delighted for you that your TV does a better job as a TV, than the Poly.
You however do not seem to comprehend that your TV was designed for a completely different use case to the Poly, by a company with thousands of designers, and using technology and hardware not available three years ago, when work would have started to design the Poly.
Why do you feel upset when people point this out to you? If you want to continue trying to have the last word, you can go on all night - but I have put you on Ignore.

I see you are very invested into Chord for some strange reason. What ever that reason is, please do put me on ignore as I do not want to see a respond from you ever again. I put you on ignore now too.

All I want is a compensation or my money back with interest as I have been scammed with a faulty product. Samsung has proven this.

May 21, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #13,479 of 19,043
Don't put him on Ignore. You'll miss out on loads of fun.

May 21, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #13,480 of 19,043
Ah, well. Looks like there is no chance to get my money back with all the love for Chord this board has no matter what they do.

Luckly it wasn’t the $10.000 Chord Dave they screwed up, then I would have really been in trouble.

May 21, 2019 at 7:35 PM Post #13,481 of 19,043

Look, I feel your pain with the poly. I have been pretty outspoken on here over the last year and a half and have quite a few issues with the poly. Its still not perfect, but it has improved quite a bit and has been working quite well for me since the recent firmware update. I know thats anecdotal, but it seems a lot of people had similar results as me.

Also, the points you are making seem a little weird. You are comparing airplay 2 to a device that released a year and a half ago, before airplay 2 even existed. You talk about them having that time as a head start, but... having a head start doesnt magically give you access to technology that doesnt exist yet. My first smartphone had a 10 year head start on my current smartphone and it cant even remotely compete with it.

So, I think the response you are getting here is because you are making a bit of a weird comparison as if a tv is somehow a better device than poly because you havent had any streaming glitches? They are totally not the same thing and its really not a comparison that likely should be made. And on top of that you dont actually seem to be asking for any advice or looking for solutions, just here to rant. Which I guess is fine, but you gotta realize that not everyones experience matches yours.

Ah, well. Looks like there is no chance to get my money back with all the love for Chord this board has no matter what they do.

Luckly it wasn’t the $10.000 Chord Dave they screwed up, then I would have really been in trouble.

None of us here have the power to get you your money back, and you still dont seem to be asking for solutions. Are you still in warranty? Are you within your return period from wherever you bought it from? Have you reached out to them?

And please, all the love for chord? This thread has not been a love fest for chord, not even remotely. But again, you dont seem to be asking for solutions or anything, just ranting.

Last edited:
May 22, 2019 at 2:02 AM Post #13,482 of 19,043
How about if something doesn’t work, don’t sell it? It is unethical what chord did. Samsung released their TV streaming capabilities not as a beta product but as a fully functioning product. Trust me, I have reached out to Chord many many times, I even got my Chord Poly replaced 6 times. So I’m 100% sure all fault lies with the Chord Poly.

And there is definetly some kind of strange love for Chord here as this is the worst of the worst product that I have ever owned. This is some stuff I would expect if I order something from Alibaba. Except this isn’t from questional product from China found on Alibaba, this is a $1000 product from the UK.

You’d be quite surprised about the power of consumers. I even got my products replaced by new generations products for free as Apple has special programs in place for this type of stuff after many consumers ran into the same issues and were quite vocal to Apple about it.

My solution for now is just to accept I wasted $1000 on this thing (as clearly people on this board defend Chord for this type of stuff) and never buy expensive products from small companies again.

When I buy an Apple product or a Samsung product, I know that it will work and if it doesn’t work, they will make it work, even if that means giving me a new generation product that does work.

Last edited:
May 22, 2019 at 2:12 AM Post #13,483 of 19,043
Anyway, hope you all have fun with your Chord Poly’s. I am going to put the Chord poly back in storage as I am not going to waste anymore time with this product.

It was really a good laugh to see what my TV could do that Chord failed to do in 2 years time after launch.

Last edited:
May 22, 2019 at 2:57 AM Post #13,484 of 19,043
Anyway, hope you all have fun with your Chord Poly’s. I am going to put the Chord poly back in storage as I am not going to waste anymore time with this product.

It was really a good laugh to see what my TV could do that Chord failed to do in 2 years time after launch.
I understand your frustration and angst. Looking at your signature you do have some top of the line stuff from the very same small company. Would your perception change towards DAVE and others given the bitter experience you had with Poly?

May 22, 2019 at 3:16 AM Post #13,485 of 19,043
@Matt Bartlett On a different note, ever since the V2.0 upgrade I am not able to stream music via Bluetooth from my work Dell laptop. It is getting connected and be seen by the laptop but no sound is heard from Poly. I believe mine's a typical case as most people won't be doing this but given the work place restrictions on the WiFi I can't use Poly on WiFi here and I would like to be able to stream everything off the laptop on to Poly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back