Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 21, 2019 at 6:37 AM Post #13,456 of 18,752
May 21, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #13,459 of 18,752
M.A.L.P. users - anyone else having issues obtaining Artist artwork from Last.fm? I just seem to be getting a generic image (see attached). The Fanart.tv option just gives me incorrect artwork.

Screenshot_20190521_142747_org.gateshipone.malp.jpg

May 21, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #13,460 of 18,752
M.A.L.P. users - anyone else having issues obtaining Artist artwork from Last.fm? I just seem to be getting a generic image (see attached). The Fanart.tv option just gives me incorrect artwork.

You are not alone, I have the same issue. I stopped bothering about the artwork in M.A.L.P

May 21, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #13,461 of 18,752
You are not alone, I have the same issue. I stopped bothering about the artwork in M.A.L.P

Thanks for the confirmation. My album artwork is mostly all okay and that's the important one for me. I've been trying alternate apps all afternoon but I'm just too used to M.A.L.P. that the others don't hit the spot.

May 21, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #13,462 of 18,752
Anyone with have a problem with Poly randomly disappearing froom available network sources in roon? Then not becoming available again

It’s happened a couple of times now. Both roon core - my MacBook - and Poly are connected to home network and are stationary I.e it’s not that I’m moving about in a mesh network.

When it happens restarting Roon and Poly achieve nothing. Weirdly if I toggle roon mode off on Poly settings then roon can see but not play to Poly. When I toggle roon mode back on in go figure Poly disappears again.

It’s really odd and quite annoying. I like roon as I can see the bit rate disco ball change on MoJo.

In other news does anyone know whether it’s possible and/or likely for Apple to up the throughout of AirPlay to support higher than CD quality? My most common use case is IOS to Poly in Poly hotspot mode.
There have been several problems with Roon and Poly, Chord and Roon have set up an area specifically to discuss issues. Contact Roon support via their community and log your issues, I don't believe either company knows the scope of the current problems, and thus it is not a high priority I believe.

May 21, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #13,463 of 18,752
Hi, Poly has the ability to play via multiple methods and protocols. In Glider the network playback options allow you to play via DLNA/UPnP but also MPD. In general MPD is better as it is the most direct route and uses the player built into Poly, also until the recent V2.0 firmware update MPD was the only way to play DSD music unless you used Roon.

The reason you see 2 network sources is that you will see the UPnP/DLNA server and then the MPD server in Poly and they work in different ways. When Joe built Glider he decided to include as many options as possible so that it didn't matter which server your music was coming from and the consolidate output function was designed to remove the confusion so you have one output for all the different options. Glider would choose the best method based on the track you wanted to play. Jarnopp is correct though Glider does need an update.
Anyway as you have found the best method to you I would just leave it and enjoy the music!

Thanks Matt...I will keep an eye out for the update...cheers.

May 21, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #13,464 of 18,752
So Samsung just launched Airplay 2 for it’s smart TV’s. And guess what, they are running circles around the Chord Poly.

So Chord, what do we get as a compensation because you sold a faulty product from the start and it still is broken. You cannot be more ashamed when your product performs worse than a TV.

It is not my network because the Samsung 4K TV streams movies and music without any problems from every single device I have.

Last edited:
May 21, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #13,465 of 18,752
So Samsung just launched Airplay 2 for it’s smart TV’s. And guess what, they are running circles around the Chord Poly.

So Chord, what do we get as a compensation because you sold a faulty product from the start and it still is broken. You cannot be more ashamed when your product performs worse than a TV.

It is not my network because the Samsung 4K TV streams movies and music without any problems from every single device I have.
Certainly a smart TV has a much bigger screen than the Poly, and will be much better for watching football.
You certainly are a star if you prefer taking your TV with you, so that you can listen to music when outside your home.

May 21, 2019 at 3:21 PM Post #13,466 of 18,752
Certainly a smart TV has a much bigger screen than the Poly, and will be much better for watching football.
You certainly are a star if you prefer taking your TV with you, so that you can listen to music when outside your home.

The Chord Poly is a streamer and it gets beaten at streaming by my TV. That is embarrassing. I'm going to use my Samsung TV as a streamer for my Chord Dave, it performs that good at streaming.

Streaming outside or at home doesn't matter how bad of a job the Chord poly is doing.

Last edited:
May 21, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #13,467 of 18,752
The Chord Poly is a streamer and it gets beaten at streaming by my TV. That is embarrassing. I'm going to use my Samsung TV as a streamer for my Chord Dave, it performs that good at streaming.

Streaming outside or at home doesn't matter how bad of a job the Chord poly is doing.
Your TV may win for only one use case - streaming in a fixed location within a home.
The Poly will win for all other mobile use cases outside the home.
Why do you feel the need to troll? Do you get a kick out of it?

May 21, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #13,468 of 18,752

Designer case for 4K TV/Mojo:

shopping.jpeg

May 21, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #13,470 of 18,752
The Chord Poly is a streamer and it gets beaten at streaming by my TV. That is embarrassing. I'm going to use my Samsung TV as a streamer for my Chord Dave, it performs that good at streaming

The TV is a streamer by design too; none of its content is stored locally... so actually you are comparing a streamer built by a massive company, with years of experience and less technical restrictions (more space for components, not limited to battery power) to one from a company building its first, with lots of restrictions...

Also, the poly works great (has done for me since the startup issue was fixed, not just V2) and samsung seem to have a large number of issues: https://www.google.com/search?q=samsung+tv+streaming+issues

Looks like you just got lucky with the TV :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back