Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 22, 2019 at 4:47 AM Post #13,486 of 18,785
@Matt Bartlett On a different note, ever since the V2.0 upgrade I am not able to stream music via Bluetooth from my work Dell laptop. It is getting connected and be seen by the laptop but no sound is heard from Poly. I believe mine's a typical case as most people won't be doing this but given the work place restrictions on the WiFi I can't use Poly on WiFi here and I would like to be able to stream everything off the laptop on to Poly.
@Matt Bartlett Adding to this, is there way for you to enable search and pair or pairing mode via the GoFigure app?

May 22, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #13,487 of 18,785
@Matt Bartlett On a different note, ever since the V2.0 upgrade I am not able to stream music via Bluetooth from my work Dell laptop. It is getting connected and be seen by the laptop but no sound is heard from Poly. I believe mine's a typical case as most people won't be doing this but given the work place restrictions on the WiFi I can't use Poly on WiFi here and I would like to be able to stream everything off the laptop on to Poly.

Have you made sure you have Bluetooth mode enabled in the Gofigure app? I was having this trouble the other day but as soon I switched to Bluetooth mode the sound started

May 22, 2019 at 8:21 AM Post #13,489 of 18,785
It works if used with my phone :) but not the laptop
Yea that’s what was happening to me, Bluetooth worked with my phone and my dx200 but when I tried connecting to any of my computers I didn’t get any sound, but when I enabled Bluetooth mode I started getting sound from the computer again... it was very strange.
That’s all I got, although maybe try airplane mode too?

May 22, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #13,490 of 18,785
Yea that’s what was happening to me, Bluetooth worked with my phone and my dx200 but when I tried connecting to any of my computers I didn’t get any sound, but when I enabled Bluetooth mode I started getting sound from the computer again... it was very strange.
That’s all I got, although maybe try airplane mode too?
Interesting, what do you mean by Bluetooth Mode? Could you please elaborate?

May 22, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #13,491 of 18,785
C612F956-FEE4-481D-9A56-6B332BFF78A8.png E53EB4C3-8BCB-492A-97C2-CF9F29BDCF7D.png
Interesting, what do you mean by Bluetooth Mode? Could you please elaborate?
I assume you have the app? If not you can use the pin. You just need to enable airplane mode
But I just realized that is AirPlane/Bluetooth mode in the app, sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:
May 22, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #13,494 of 18,785

Yes this has been noted as a bug. It appears to be something to do with the Microsoft Bluetooth driver that is installed when you connect to Poly. We are investigating at the moment.

May 22, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #13,495 of 18,785
Anyway, hope you all have fun with your Chord Poly’s. I am going to put the Chord poly back in storage as I am not going to waste anymore time with this product.

It was really a good laugh to see what my TV could do that Chord failed to do in 2 years time after launch.

@ubs28 Clearly you are frustrated with Poly and for whatever reason Airplay is not working for you.
Just to help me can you answer me a couple of questions either publicly on here or please feel free to PM me.

Is your Samsung TV also connected to the same router as Poly and is it using WiFi rather than an Ethernet cable connection?

You mention you have had 6 replacement Polys? Were these all for this Airplay issue?

Does the problem with Airplay change at all depending on the proximity of your phone and Poly to your router.

Lastly what router are you using.

Obviously I would like to be able to resolve this for you as it is not common for customers to have an issue with Airplay so understanding as much as we can about your case
will help us to fix/improve this.

Matt

Last edited:
May 22, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #13,496 of 18,785
Hi all.
We're going to release another minor update to Poly tonight to improve the performance when switching between WiFi networks.
Look out for the new update via Gofigure.
As before you need to remove the SD card and leave Poly on charge before pressing the update firmware button.

Matt

May 22, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #13,497 of 18,785
Hi all.
We're going to release another minor update to Poly tonight to improve the performance when switching between WiFi networks.
Look out for the new update via Gofigure.
As before you need to remove the SD card and leave Poly on charge before pressing the update firmware button.

Matt

Hi Matt good to see these minor updates coming to fix issues. Thanks. Any chance of one coming soon for the Roon playback issue. After the 2.0 update Roon worked great and I was thrilled to see the network dropouts disappear when opening and closing Roon remote on my iPhone. However I've now started experiencing the issue others have experienced where I cannot play anything to Poly from Roon in Roon mode. Roon sees my Poly in Roon mode but when I touch play nothing happens. Airplay works fine from Roon to poly but it would be nice to get the Roon ready mode back again. Thanks for all the support you're been providing on here.

Update: Firmware update went flawlessly.

Last edited:
May 22, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #13,498 of 18,785
Hi Matt good to see these minor updates coming to fix issues. Thanks. Any chance of one coming soon for the Roon playback issue. After the 2.0 update Roon worked great and I was thrilled to see the network dropouts disappear when opening and closing Roon remote on my iPhone. However I've now started experiencing the issue others have experienced where I cannot play anything to Poly from Roon in Roon mode. Roon sees my Poly in Roon mode but when I touch play nothing happens. Airplay works fine from Roon to poly but it would be nice to get the Roon ready mode back again. Thanks for all the support you're been providing on here.

Update: Firmware update went flawlessly.

Thanks for the update. Let me know whether the Roon issue has been fixed or changed with this latest firmware.

May 22, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #13,499 of 18,785
Thanks for the update. Let me know whether the Roon issue has been fixed or changed with this latest firmware.

Hi Matt, unfortunately the Roon issue still persists. Airplay from Roon to Poly is fine Roon mode will not play..

May 22, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #13,500 of 18,785

Unfortunately the Roon issue is still there for me with 2.0.3 :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back