Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 22, 2019 at 3:21 PM Post #13,501 of 18,742
Hi all.
We're going to release another minor update to Poly tonight to improve the performance when switching between WiFi networks.
Look out for the new update via Gofigure.
As before you need to remove the SD card and leave Poly on charge before pressing the update firmware button.

Matt
Just updated successfully. For me it has fixed the issue when Poly disconnects from the wifi and then the mpd server crashes on reconnecting. I've walked up and down the garden, heard the clicks as poly disconnected and then reconnected. No crashes. Thanks Mat.

May 22, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #13,502 of 18,742
Hi Matt, unfortunately the Roon issue still persists. Airplay from Roon to Poly is fine Roon mode will not play..

Ok thanks for letting me know. This update was not specifically to fix the Roon issue but we did make several changes which may have resolved it.
As the moment neither us or Roon can identify the problem and all the logs that have been recorded by Roon show correct operation.
So I'll report back to the team tomorrow so they can keep working on it.

May 22, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #13,503 of 18,742
Hi all.
We're going to release another minor update to Poly tonight to improve the performance when switching between WiFi networks.
As before you need to remove the SD card and leave Poly on charge before pressing the update firmware button.

Matt
Thanks for the update @Matt Bartlett . Update was swift and painless. MPD now behaves as pre Firmware 2.0 when Poly changes networks - glitches out then continues playback - rather than stopping altogther. Progress!
Is it going to be possible eventually to make network changes seamless and glitch free, at least as far as MPD playback is concerned? Network status and/or traffic shouldn't really have any bearing on the playthrough of a local MPD playlist once started.

May 22, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #13,504 of 18,742
Hi all.

Matt
Wow, that was a smooth update!

Started immediately, finished in less than a minute, didn't need to power cycle.

Last edited:
May 22, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #13,506 of 18,742
@ubs28 Clearly you are frustrated with Poly and for whatever reason Airplay is not working for you.
Just to help me can you answer me a couple of questions either publicly on here or please feel free to PM me.

Is your Samsung TV also connected to the same router as Poly and is it using WiFi rather than an Ethernet cable connection?

You mention you have had 6 replacement Polys? Were these all for this Airplay issue?

Does the problem with Airplay change at all depending on the proximity of your phone and Poly to your router.

Lastly what router are you using.

Obviously I would like to be able to resolve this for you as it is not common for customers to have an issue with Airplay so understanding as much as we can about your case
will help us to fix/improve this.

Matt

Yep, Samsung TV streams flawlessly over the same Wifi network which is 1Gbit/s. Apple 4K TV streams flawlessly too. The Poly however ...

Most replacement was because of the SD card not working (apparently this was software related as exchanging Poly’s for new ones did not improve SD playback), or some strange hardware fault (like a connector that was bended and thus did not align perfectly with the Mojo) and then there was an other issue where the Poly was not capatible with my Mojo so I had to get a new Poly for that.

The poly wasn’t that far away from the router, only a few meters. With 1Gbit/s wifi and good coverage around the living room, it should work.

Anyway, I think I found nice streaming setup now. My Samsung TV + Chord Dave for at home for movies and music.

For in the office I stick with the Chord Hugo 2 as the wired connection is more reliable too then the Poly.

Last edited:
May 22, 2019 at 11:48 PM Post #13,507 of 18,742
^
With all your gear you come across as wealthy enough to just use the Poly as a drink coaster whilst enjoying the awesome tunes through your flawless TV.

May 23, 2019 at 3:27 AM Post #13,508 of 18,742
Thanks for the update @Matt Bartlett . Update was swift and painless. MPD now behaves as pre Firmware 2.0 when Poly changes networks - glitches out then continues playback - rather than stopping altogther. Progress!
Is it going to be possible eventually to make network changes seamless and glitch free, at least as far as MPD playback is concerned? Network status and/or traffic shouldn't really have any bearing on the playthrough of a local MPD playlist once started.

Yes a seamless changeover would be ideal but so much has to happen when you negotiate a new network connection that I think it is unlikely we could ever do it without a small glitch.

May 23, 2019 at 3:29 AM Post #13,509 of 18,742
Yep, Samsung TV streams flawlessly over the same Wifi network which is 1Gbit/s. Apple 4K TV streams flawlessly too. The Poly however ...

Most replacement was because of the SD card not working (apparently this was software related as exchanging Poly’s for new ones did not improve SD playback), or some strange hardware fault (like a connector that was bended and thus did not align perfectly with the Mojo) and then there was an other issue where the Poly was not capatible with my Mojo so I had to get a new Poly for that.

The poly wasn’t that far away from the router, only a few meters. With 1Gbit/s wifi and good coverage around the living room, it should work.

Anyway, I think I found nice streaming setup now. My Samsung TV + Chord Dave for at home for movies and music.

For in the office I stick with the Chord Hugo 2 as the wired connection is more reliable too then the Poly.

Ok so what router are you using. I can then try and repeat the setup and see what it happening.

May 23, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #13,513 of 18,742
Hi all.

Matt

Very smooth update, everything went easy,

May 24, 2019 at 6:25 AM Post #13,514 of 18,742
Hi,
Just a note for everyone. I will be away now for just over a week so I may not be able to contribute on here.
If there is anything urgent then please email our support team - support@chordelectronics.co.uk.
There are people who will be keeping an eye on the thread for me in the mean time and will help if necessary.

See you in a week!

Matt

May 24, 2019 at 6:26 AM Post #13,515 of 18,742
Hi,
Just a note for everyone. I will be away now for just over a week so I may not be able to contribute on here.
If there is anything urgent then please email our support team - support@chordelectronics.co.uk.
There are people who will be keeping an eye on the thread for me in the mean time and will help if necessary.

See you in a week!

Matt
Have good time off Matt! Take care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back