Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 13, 2019 at 10:03 PM Post #13,007 of 19,095
I have to say the Chord Poly is one of the most frustrating products around...the Manual appears woefully out of date, things don't behave as documented, nor does there appear to be any consistency in behaviour comparing the various posts here.

Out of nowhere my Poly decides to shutoff it's Bluetooth completely. So GoFigure doesn't work. Which means I can't update Poly's Firmware (from 1.0.41).

The Configure button no appear to have a "Factory Reset" mode (contrary to what the Manual claims), it just cycles through "Airplay/DLNA mode"... "Hotspot mode"... "Network mode"... "Entering Access Point mode"... Nothing else. Is there any other @#$%^&# way to reset this bloody thing to Factory default (and hopefully fix the Bluetooth problem)? Why the #$%& can't Chord have a return to "Factory Default" button on Poly's internal webpage (when in Access Point mode) like practically every other device does on the planet?

My last resort is to drain its battery down connected to Mojo and left on (is there any other way?) in the hope that something gets reset and Bluetooth works again.

Any other recommendations welcome.

Apr 13, 2019 at 11:14 PM Post #13,009 of 19,095
Using USB Audio Player Pro, I’m able to select Poly as the UPnP/DLNA server and access the music files on the SD card however I can’t see where to set the Poly to output audio. The audio just plays out my phone. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Apr 13, 2019 at 11:31 PM Post #13,010 of 19,095
Using USB Audio Player Pro, I’m able to select Poly as the UPnP/DLNA server and access the music files on the SD card however I can’t see where to set the Poly to output audio. The audio just plays out my phone. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Use a different player. USB audio player pro isn't built to do what is needed to work with the poly. As you have found out it only supports reading from dlna libraries but not outputting to dlna renderers. That player is specifically built to output over usb.

Assuming you are using Android, I would recommend hificast or bubbleupnp

Apr 13, 2019 at 11:45 PM Post #13,011 of 19,095
Use a different player. USB audio player pro isn't built to do what is needed to work with the poly. As you have found out it only supports reading from dlna libraries but not outputting to dlna renderers. That player is specifically built to output over usb.

Assuming you are using Android, I would recommend hificast or bubbleupnp

Thanks, I’ll give another app a try.

Apr 14, 2019 at 12:03 AM Post #13,012 of 19,095
I am puzzled that we keep getting different suggestions to get poly to update to 2.0 and none of them seem to work for me (and seemingly many others)......CHORD recommends that I should just let the poly battery drain and then should be able to upgrade....not updating and cannot even get into gofigure because no longer accepts 0000 password.

chord then recommends well if gofigure is asking for bluetooth password and wont accept 0000 then try alternate method.....NO SAME PROBLEM..........

ok chord how about making a better suggestion .........
I had the same.problem until I went into Bluetoth setting of my phone and Unpair poly first. Then kill gofigure app then restarted the app.It worked

Apr 14, 2019 at 2:11 AM Post #13,013 of 19,095
Hi,

Just reporting one more small bug.
Now Poly is Roon Ready and as a consequence appears in the list of devices needed to render the audio in Roon when you use it, just above Mojo.

Below the name of the device there is a link to the product manual.
When you click the link of the Poly it jumps to the Chord Electronics webpage and you get a 404, the page doesn't exit.

I really hope it would be useful @Matt Bartlett

Apr 14, 2019 at 5:04 AM Post #13,015 of 19,095
Hi,

Just reporting one more small bug.
Now Poly is Roon Ready and as a consequence appears in the list of devices needed to render the audio in Roon when you use it, just above Mojo.

Below the name of the device there is a link to the product manual.
When you click the link of the Poly it jumps to the Chord Electronics webpage and you get a 404, the page doesn't exit.

I really hope it would be useful @Matt Bartlett

Thanks. Yes we reported it to Roon and are just waiting for it to be corrected.

Apr 14, 2019 at 5:08 AM Post #13,017 of 19,095
Cannot for the life of me get this thing to update the firmware. I'm fully connected to my wifi network with a solid blue light. When I go to device settings on gofigure there is no option to update. And it cannot have updated it already because when I click on 'user' at the top it asks me to upgrade to the latest firmware. Please help.

Has your Poly uploaded V1.0.41 firmware yet? You need to turn Poly completely off ( no P status light ) and back on for the 1.0.41 update to install. Then you should be able to update
to V2.0.

Apr 14, 2019 at 5:14 AM Post #13,018 of 19,095
I am puzzled that we keep getting different suggestions to get poly to update to 2.0 and none of them seem to work for me (and seemingly many others)......CHORD recommends that I should just let the poly battery drain and then should be able to upgrade....not updating and cannot even get into gofigure because no longer accepts 0000 password.

chord then recommends well if gofigure is asking for bluetooth password and wont accept 0000 then try alternate method.....NO SAME PROBLEM..........

ok chord how about making a better suggestion .........

Hi @karmapolice Sorry for all the different suggestions but it is because I am trying to rule things out to work out what is going on. I don't know why your Poly is not accepting your password. Presumably it will have updated to 1.0.41 firmware in the background so using the config button and pin there is a reset Bluetooth pin option. This will take it back to 0000.
If you plug your headphones in and press the config button you will hear all the options. When you get to Bluetooth pin reset stop and wait for the next lot of instructions.

Apr 14, 2019 at 5:17 AM Post #13,019 of 19,095
So I can now begin the firmware update process but gofigure is telling me there is a problem with my internet connection which there isn't. Does that mean I dont have a fast enough connection (35mb/s having just done a speed test)?

I have to say this thing is superbly un user friendly in nearly every possible way they could have thought of.

Is Gofigure showing your internet connection is connected and good signal? If it is and P status is solid blue on Poly then it should update. It will be nothing to do with your internet speed.
I presume once you got 1.0.41 firmware you switch Poly off and restarted. The charger needs to be removed for this step otherwise Poly will not switch off.

Apr 14, 2019 at 5:45 AM Post #13,020 of 19,095
Hi Keith,
I honestly have never had any issues with any of the V2.0 Polys I've been testing advertising themselves as render or server. I can leave a Poly for days then go back and when I turn on MConnect/8Player immediately connect back up. Of course none of this helps you. Do you get the same issue on your home network? This might all be related to the issue where
Polys MPD server resets when you connect back to a new WiFi network. If your phone hotspot loses the 3G/4G data signal then it will drop temporarily and MPD inside Poly will reset
causing the disconnect and stuttering. I'm getting this investigated next week.
It might be worth doing a couple of things though. Firstly do a hard reset of your phone. Last week after an iOS update my iPhone was doing all sorts of crazy things with the hotspot.
The reset fixed everything.
The next thing to try if you haven't already done this is to delete the iPhone WiFi network in Poly and reconnect it. You can try this for your home network as well. V2.0 firmware is a complete OS update as well so it's worth clearing and starting again with any of the connections you used previously. Although having read your last post I guess as you have factory reset Poly then you have already tried this.
As for Roon not playing anything then do you get any error messages in Roon - like transport loading slowly, or control taken by another device? Also I presume you are using the latest 1.6 (build 401) version of Roon as this is the version that Roon tested and certified Poly with.

Matt

Hi Matt

Thanks - I really appreciate the reply :)

I’ll try all of your suggestions and keep you posted. Sounds like it could be that MPD issue which is hopefully an easy fix!

With the Roon issue I am running 1.6 (build 401) stable (64bit).

There are no error messages. When you hit play nothing happens. The track doesn’t start playing and the play button doesn’t change to pause. I have tried restarting everything (Roon server, router, Poly etc) but the problem persists.

It seems that a couple of other users are experiencing the same issue so I don’t think I’m alone on this one. Happy to provide any info to help diagnose/fix the issue!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back