Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 13, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #12,991 of 18,757
I have an issue, Roon sees poly. Poly is in Roon mode. For some reason, whenever I click play, the Roon remote doesn’t respond and play the music, it’s like it’s locked up.
The poly light is solid green.
I’m trying to run the battery out.
Internet radio seems to play so it’s not bricked.
Roon remote can control other devices, like iPhone fine.

That’s the exact issue I’m having!!!

Apr 13, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #12,992 of 18,757
I spoke too soon.. after 30 mins of listening the music started to stutter and stopped. Poly was still connected to my phones hotspot but Poly server and Poly renderer had disappeared.

Had to power cycle a couple of times and even then I couldn’t connect to the renderer, only the server.

You can see from this screenshot that Poly is connected to my phone (the blue lozenge in the top left) but when I try to select it I get this error...

@Matt Bartlett any ideas what’s causing this?

Hi Keith,
I honestly have never had any issues with any of the V2.0 Polys I've been testing advertising themselves as render or server. I can leave a Poly for days then go back and when I turn on MConnect/8Player immediately connect back up. Of course none of this helps you. Do you get the same issue on your home network? This might all be related to the issue where
Polys MPD server resets when you connect back to a new WiFi network. If your phone hotspot loses the 3G/4G data signal then it will drop temporarily and MPD inside Poly will reset
causing the disconnect and stuttering. I'm getting this investigated next week.
It might be worth doing a couple of things though. Firstly do a hard reset of your phone. Last week after an iOS update my iPhone was doing all sorts of crazy things with the hotspot.
The reset fixed everything.
The next thing to try if you haven't already done this is to delete the iPhone WiFi network in Poly and reconnect it. You can try this for your home network as well. V2.0 firmware is a complete OS update as well so it's worth clearing and starting again with any of the connections you used previously. Although having read your last post I guess as you have factory reset Poly then you have already tried this.
As for Roon not playing anything then do you get any error messages in Roon - like transport loading slowly, or control taken by another device? Also I presume you are using the latest 1.6 (build 401) version of Roon as this is the version that Roon tested and certified Poly with.

Matt

Apr 13, 2019 at 4:35 PM Post #12,993 of 18,757
Well, after reading that there is an update, i went looking for my Poly + Mojo.

At first it looked promising untill Glider + Poly + Mojo crashed again.

So after 2 years it is still a beta product.

I told Frank and the guys at Chord 2 years ago to create an app that allows you to fully use the Poly without the need of 3rd party apps. And this is exactly the reason why. Now I don’t know whether to blame the developer of Glider or Chord (and thus whether I need to buy a new 3rd party app again).

Quite sad considering that this is a $1000 product.

Have you tried any other apps? Glider needs an update but I have not been able to contact Joe who developed the app. I had to delete and reinstall Glider to get it working again but even so the MPD player part will no longer work. Joe if you are on here somewhere please get in touch.
As for having our own app then at the time it seemed like we would just be wasting development time on reinventing the wheel as there are already plenty of apps available and customers usually have a favourite that they already use. We will take the feedback though and re-evaluate this decision over the coming months.

Apr 13, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #12,994 of 18,757
Ok I've not seen this behavior. If you haven't already tried can you put your SD card into the computer and delete the art-cache, sd-free and mpd files on the card.
Then put it back into Poly and let it automatically rebuild the database. Once finished switch Poly completely off and then back on again and then the database
should complete one more time.

Hi, this is the one issue I am experiencing following the firmware update (MPD not starting up on boot up so that android MPD apps unable to connect and zero playlists in GoFigure. I've not found a consistent way to start up MPD. Last time Power Poly Off, eject SD card, Power Poly On, Insert SD card resulted in MPD up and running

Apr 13, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #12,995 of 18,757
Hey Matt

Is there a problem with the server for us poor souls down under here in Australia?

I successfully updated to 1.4.1 thereafter initiating the "upgrade to version 2" from Go figure. Go figure up shut itself down (as per the instructions)… But then nothing! My Poly has been sitting there powered up with no flashing lights and no nothing the best part of four hours. Is this to be expected??

The update is worldwide and I'm not aware of any particular problem with Australia.
Have you tried powering Poly completely down so P status light goes out and then turning back on again.
Then just leave Poly to see if the update starts. If not press the update button in Gofigure again.

Apr 13, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #12,997 of 18,757
I have successfully updated poly to version 2.0.
But I have a problem with gofigure on Xiaomi A1. Gofigure cannot find Poly. Xiaomi A1 finds Poly - I can play the sounds on bluetooth. MALP works well.
Gofigure on iPhone 7 works well and sees Poly.

Try alternate mode on the Poly search screen in Gofigure.

Apr 13, 2019 at 4:44 PM Post #12,998 of 18,757
I think my poly is bricked. I've left it on overnight since the servers were back up. Now when I turn it on. If it's plugged in, it just has a white light. It turns on and off like normal so maybe it's not bricked but if it's unplugged the P status turns blue, then it blinks twice really fast then turns solid for about 3 minutes. Then turns off for 5 seconds, then back on and blinks twice and turns solid for 3 minutes and then off and on over and over. Gofigure shows no devices. I'm officially done. LOL my poly is out of warranty. I emailed chord in the beginning of the week but it's just been silence. *sigh* It's been a crappy run since my purchase. I'm seriously glad that majority of you are finally finding light at the end of this tunnel. I unfortunately have had the exact opposite experience. My config button is toast from the 10,000 times I had to push it to change modes every day on the transit to and from work (sadly no ios for me back at the time) I think my desires to get to 2.0 so desperately has led me here. I wish everyone the best moving forward but I have to say it. You lost me as a future customer with this product Chord. I'm going to amend my video with all of the recent developments so people can made aware of what's going on. Best of luck to you all.

-Aloha and thanks for the ride.

Yes as per Mike's post please contact our support. Your Poly is not bricked but it is behaving like the battery is really low.
I'm sure you have probably already tried but unplug Poly from Mojo and charge Poly on it's own until the P status light goes to solid or flashing blue
then try again.

Apr 13, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #12,999 of 18,757
Hi, this is the one issue I am experiencing following the firmware update (MPD not starting up on boot up so that android MPD apps unable to connect and zero playlists in GoFigure. I've not found a consistent way to start up MPD. Last time Power Poly Off, eject SD card, Power Poly On, Insert SD card resulted in MPD up and running

Ok thanks for the feedback. I'll report this back to the team on Monday. One thing you can try is to delete art-cache, mpd and sd-free files from your SD card and then put it back in Poly
so it can rebuild the database. It's possible the database files are no longer being recognised after the V2.0 update.

Apr 13, 2019 at 5:14 PM Post #13,000 of 18,757
Cannot for the life of me get this thing to update the firmware. I'm fully connected to my wifi network with a solid blue light. When I go to device settings on gofigure there is no option to update. And it cannot have updated it already because when I click on 'user' at the top it asks me to upgrade to the latest firmware. Please help.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #13,001 of 18,757
My Poly was replaced in waranty after it suddenly stopped working (out of the blue) but unfortunately I can't make the Gofigure app (latest version) recognize the new Poly (on my Samsung Galaxy S7 that i was using before). I've tried unistalling the Gofigure app, clear both the app and Bluetooth cache. I've managed to configure the new Poly to connect to the phone's hotspot (while the phone was connected to the Internet) and it even downloaded a new firmare version (I know that because Poly’s P-status LED cycled through Red, Green and Blue) but I can't see the firmware version on the Poly page when in Access Point Mode (the firmware version isn't displayed there and never was before the firmware update; i know that because I've checked before configuring the Wi-Fi settings and after the firmware update). I get a solid Blue LED when it's connected to the phone's hotspot and I can also see Poly connected in the Hotspot settings of the phone. But I can't see my new Poly in the Gofigure App (i've tried with both Normal & Alternate mode). I initially connected/paired Poly via Bluetooth (without using any PIN) but after failing to see it in the Gofigure app and reading on this forum that it might prioritize the Bluetooth connection instead of the wireless one, I've unpaired Poly and cleared the Bluetooth cache. Now it doesn't detect Poly when i activate Bluetooth...
Also I have a problem with the new unit that I never encountered with the old unit, a problem that Malcyg & kierai also had with their Poly: the Samsung EVO Plus microSD card I've inserted in Poly without using any force is stuck and I can't remove it. The click is there when I push the card, but it doesn't eject the card.
I will visit the local retailer on Monday morning too see what can be done but if you can give me an advice in the meantime, I would really apreciate it. Unfortunately I don't have an iOS device to test with (like stancorrected did).

Apr 13, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #13,002 of 18,757
Ok thanks for the feedback. I'll report this back to the team on Monday. One thing you can try is to delete art-cache, mpd and sd-free files from your SD card and then put it back in Poly
so it can rebuild the database. It's possible the database files are no longer being recognised after the V2.0 update.

Thanks. I will try that next time if it happens (it occurred on 3 occasions since the update)

I can't report any issues with Roon as I simply haven't used it since the firmware update. My preferred PC music manager / player is MusicBee and the UPnP/DLNA plugin is working a treat (it could not see poly prior to the firmware update).

Apr 13, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #13,004 of 18,757
So I can now begin the firmware update process but gofigure is telling me there is a problem with my internet connection which there isn't. Does that mean I dont have a fast enough connection (35mb/s having just done a speed test)?

I have to say this thing is superbly un user friendly in nearly every possible way they could have thought of.

Apr 13, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #13,005 of 18,757
I am puzzled that we keep getting different suggestions to get poly to update to 2.0 and none of them seem to work for me (and seemingly many others)......CHORD recommends that I should just let the poly battery drain and then should be able to upgrade....not updating and cannot even get into gofigure because no longer accepts 0000 password.

chord then recommends well if gofigure is asking for bluetooth password and wont accept 0000 then try alternate method.....NO SAME PROBLEM..........

ok chord how about making a better suggestion .........

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back