Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 12, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #12,961 of 18,752
@Matt Bartlett I’ve noticed something new since the update. When the Poly switches network (I have a two-level house with a Ubiquity access point with zero-handoff on each level) the MPD server seems to restart. It starts as an intermittent stutter increasing in frequency until the sound just stops and the playlist is cleared. I experienced this behaviour across different apps. My understanding is that as MPD acts as both a server and renderer an active connection shouldn’t be necessary to continue playback from itself? The workaround is keeping my phone hotspot on and the Poly connected to that, but obviously this isn’t ideal. Any ideas?

Apr 12, 2019 at 6:27 PM Post #12,962 of 18,752
Hey vkvedam

I went for the Campfire Solaris's. Up until now I have never gone beyond the Shure se 535 Ltd or a bunch of different ChiFi try-outs with my budget. The DM6's have been one of my favourites. This is the first pair of "Expensive for me" IEM's I have ever got. I had to save up for quite a while :). They turn up today. I guess you know how I am feeling just now. Think I have read every review going on them now :).
Good luck!

Apr 12, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #12,963 of 18,752
Last edited:
Apr 12, 2019 at 8:51 PM Post #12,964 of 18,752
For Matt

With android if i want to remove a radio, i need to push on the name of the station.
The line turn to white and on the page , i can delete it.

With my Ipad, i can not do the same. Have you some informations about this.

Thank you.

Apr 12, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #12,966 of 18,752
I still cannot update my firmware from 1.041 to 2 even I have followed everything you guys told us. It's too frustrated..

And I updated the app again, and the app required to enter Bluetooth pin?? Does any body help?

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2019 at 10:20 PM Post #12,967 of 18,752
I powered the MojoPoly last night (12am here) after reading the post from Chord that the server was back on line.

The LEDs started flashing R G B over and over so I thought it was updating. Waited for about an hour. Nada. Ran the app. Launched the Update causing GoFigure to close... then went to sleep.

Woke up this morning and checked GoFigure and it was v2.00 so I guess it does work.

Apr 13, 2019 at 2:36 AM Post #12,968 of 18,752
Great news. Yes I forgot to mention that if you plug headphones into Mojo then you can hear Poly speak instructions at you during the update.

This was most helpful as I didn’t expect it so soon and wasn’t watching the Poly LED.

Apr 13, 2019 at 2:36 AM Post #12,969 of 18,752
I'm bit behind everybody but I was on road for a while, and just came back & completed the firmware update to 2.0.0 successfully. It was a lot quicker than expected, perhaps because the server was considerably less overloaded compared to earlier this week.

The only issue I had was after updating GoFigure & poly firmware to 1.0.41, "color cycling" didn't start after I tapped "update firmware" option. After waiting a good while, I gave up and restarted poly & GoFigure - after I tapped the "update firmware" option again, this time the color cycling began normally and things went smoothly afterwards.

After relaunching Poly in firmware 2.0.0, I've checked functionality as:

i) Roon endpoint (from Arch Linux core running Roon 1.6)
ii) SD card quickplay (from GoFigure on iPad / iOS 12.2),
iii) MPD server (from Glider 2.1.2 on iPad / iOS 12.2 & from M.A.L.P. 1.2.1 on Android 5.0)
iv) network renderer (from JRiver MC 24 on Linux PC / Ubuntu 16.04)
v) network renderer (from Audirvana+ 3.2.15 on MacMini / macOS 10.14.4)

... so far things seem to be working in a sane, stable manner in my environment. Many thanks for a good job!:)

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2019 at 2:39 AM Post #12,970 of 18,752
@Matt Bartlett I’ve noticed something new since the update. When the Poly switches network (I have a two-level house with a Ubiquity access point with zero-handoff on each level) the MPD server seems to restart. It starts as an intermittent stutter increasing in frequency until the sound just stops and the playlist is cleared. I experienced this behaviour across different apps. My understanding is that as MPD acts as both a server and renderer an active connection shouldn’t be necessary to continue playback from itself? The workaround is keeping my phone hotspot on and the Poly connected to that, but obviously this isn’t ideal. Any ideas?

Yes this has been reported back to us elsewhere. We will look at it next week and find out what is happening.

Apr 13, 2019 at 2:42 AM Post #12,971 of 18,752
For Matt

With android if i want to remove a radio, i need to push on the name of the station.
The line turn to white and on the page , i can delete it.

With my Ipad, i can not do the same. Have you some informations about this.

Thank you.

Select the radio station you want to delete the swipe left and you will see the red delete box.

Apr 13, 2019 at 2:45 AM Post #12,972 of 18,752
glad the server is back up but still getting same error when try to update firmware from 1.041 to 2.00.............tried turning off and on......really dont get why this is so difficult

Ok try this.
Switch Poly completely off so the P status light goes out.
Then switch back on.
Connect the charger and check you get the white P status light indicating charging.
Remove the SD card.
Then go to Gofigure and press the update firmware button.
Then just leave Poly.
It can take 5 or 10 minutes to start the download before you get the flashing light.

Apr 13, 2019 at 2:46 AM Post #12,973 of 18,752
I still cannot update my firmware from 1.041 to 2 even I have followed everything you guys told us. It's too frustrated..

And I updated the app again, and the app required to enter Bluetooth pin?? Does any body help?

Delete the Poly bluetooth connection on your phone and then retry with the app.
Then try this:-

Switch Poly completely off so the P status light goes out.
Then switch back on.
Connect the charger and check you get the white P status light indicating charging.
Remove the SD card.
Then go to Gofigure and press the update firmware button.
Then just leave Poly.
It can take 5 or 10 minutes to start the download before you get the flashing light.

Apr 13, 2019 at 2:51 AM Post #12,974 of 18,752
Yes this has been reported back to us elsewhere. We will look at it next week and find out what is happening.
Thanks Matt, if it helps I’ve also noticed MDP refuses to start on some boot ups and in Go Figure reports zero playlists. Rebooting it or refreshing the DLNA index sometimes fix it and other times I just switch to something else. It also appears to often not broadcast its name properly even though it’s correct on DLNA/AirPlay.

Apr 13, 2019 at 3:00 AM Post #12,975 of 18,752
Thanks Matt, if it helps I’ve also noticed MDP refuses to start on some boot ups and in Go Figure reports zero playlists. Rebooting it or refreshing the DLNA index sometimes fix it and other times I just switch to something else. It also appears to often not broadcast its name properly even though it’s correct on DLNA/AirPlay.

Ok I've not seen this behavior. If you haven't already tried can you put your SD card into the computer and delete the art-cache, sd-free and mpd files on the card.
Then put it back into Poly and let it automatically rebuild the database. Once finished switch Poly completely off and then back on again and then the database
should complete one more time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back