Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 12, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #12,946 of 18,751
+1 on successful update. I had already removed the SD card and was already running 1.41, so I assumed I could go straight to the Update Firmware step but needed to power off/on, reconnect Go and then was able to do the firmware update in 10 minutes.

As for the question on Roon, I went with Poly, since that is the RAAT device and Mojo is the DAC which is downstream from Poly from Roon's perspective. It works fine that way.

Apr 12, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #12,948 of 18,751
Update completed at least!
Please @Matt Bartlett I suggest to review your instructions and the FAQ instructions because they are not the same.

Step 6 says automatic reboot and it is manual in your description and at least in my case.

Thanks. Yes I have the web team working on this but I didn't want to delay the release any longer.
It is correct that you now have to manually reboot rather than it happening automatically.
Wait until the P status light goes out before turning off though.

Apr 12, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #12,950 of 18,751
Thanks. Yes I have the web team working on this but I didn't want to delay the release any longer.
It is correct that you now have to manually reboot rather than it happening automatically.
Wait until the P status light goes out before turning off though.

Let me share an small bug in the app.
First time I have opened it after the update, the ROON and Other services checkboxes were both activated.

After click on one of them the behavior is as you expected.

On the other hand I have troubles with Tidal using airplane/Bluetooth mode. Tidal detects Poly but there is no sound. I have tried it with two different iOS devices.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #12,951 of 18,751
Listening to music, minding my business when suddenly a disturbing voice is interrupting me saying that an update will be installed. And it went like a charm! MojoPoly works great and sounds amazing. Will test the problematic spots soon. Thanks @Matt Bartlett and @ChordElectronics!

Apr 12, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #12,952 of 18,751
The Poly update servers are back online again!
Huge apologies for the delay.

A couple of important points.

Do not switch off whilst Poly shows a yellow/orange P status light. This is when it is installing the update.
When it is done P status will switch off. At this point unplug the charger switch off Mojo so Poly turns completely off.
Switch back on to complete the update process. It will reboot and then begin to work normally.
Be patient it takes a while for the update to complete.

If any customer already has the flashing red, green, blue P status light then power down completely and
switch back on to re-start the download and installation process. Then follow the steps above.

Instructions are available on our FAQ

https://chordelectronics.co.uk/faqs-category/streamers/

Matt
Wow! With no effort whatsoever my mojo/poly is magically updated. I would like to thank you and your team for dealing with a complicated problem in a calm and measured way. What it tells you is that we love your device, and are happy for you to take risks to advance it to the next stage.
I am guessing there will be a Poly 2 one day with all your learning from this experience. Keep up the good work!

Apr 12, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #12,953 of 18,751
Let me share an small bug in the app.
First time I have opened it after the update, the ROON and Other services checkboxes were both activated.

After click on one of them the behavior is as you expected.

On the other hand I have troubles with Tidal using airplane/Bluetooth mode. Tidal detects Poly but there is no sound. I have tried it with two different iOS devices.

Have you tired deleting the Poly bluetooth connection on your iOS devices and then pairing again with Poly?

Apr 12, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #12,954 of 18,751
Listening to music, minding my business when suddenly a disturbing voice is interrupting me saying that an update will be installed. And it went like a charm! MojoPoly works great and sounds amazing. Will test the problematic spots soon. Thanks @Matt Bartlett and @ChordElectronics!

Great news. Yes I forgot to mention that if you plug headphones into Mojo then you can hear Poly speak instructions at you during the update.

Apr 12, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #12,955 of 18,751
Wow! With no effort whatsoever my mojo/poly is magically updated. I would like to thank you and your team for dealing with a complicated problem in a calm and measured way. What it tells you is that we love your device, and are happy for you to take risks to advance it to the next stage.
I am guessing there will be a Poly 2 one day with all your learning from this experience. Keep up the good work!
In some respects the 2Go will be the Poly 2, because it will reuse the lessons learnt with the software.
But I do expect that in a few years time there will be a true Poly 2, but will we have to wait for the Mojo 2 first?

Apr 12, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #12,956 of 18,751
having used the android OS after the firmware update, i found this... bubble uPnP + XiiaLive Pro = internet radio streaming from radio stations worldwide thru Poly!!! never thought this could be possible on android OS at the moment. the update has somehow made me discover more about Poly and what it is capable of. thank you Matt and Chord Team for all the effort and patience. :L3000::L3000::L3000:

Apr 12, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #12,957 of 18,751
I was fortunate enough to grab the 2.0 update before the servers went down. However, I'm still having difficulty with dropouts and stutter playback in both Roon mode and Airplay mode! I can't connect to Hotspot mode either. It's certainly better than it was, but still a nuisance and frankly still un-usable for me. I've reached out to Chord via their website to try and have them help in the troubleshooting process. I just love the whole concept and LOVE the sound, but as of now I still need the camera kit attached to my iPhone to enjoy. HELP

I've been following the thread from day 1 and have had little to add, but frustration has now got the best of me to vent here.

Thanks,
Scott

Apr 12, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #12,958 of 18,751
Great news. Yes I forgot to mention that if you plug headphones into Mojo then you can hear Poly speak instructions at you during the update.

Can I roll back the update so I can redo and hear the prompts? Just kidding!!!

Enjoying the update. I updated day one and have no issues. Way less interruptions, stutters, etc. Poly turns on/off without getting stuck with solid blue light. Now I just need to google URLs of Internet Radio Stations! @ChordElectronics @Mojo ideas bring on Hugo2 2Go!

Apr 12, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #12,960 of 18,751
Can I roll back the update so I can redo and hear the prompts? Just kidding!!!

Enjoying the update. I updated day one and have no issues. Way less interruptions, stutters, etc. Poly turns on/off without getting stuck with solid blue light. Now I just need to google URLs of Internet Radio Stations! @ChordElectronics @Mojo ideas bring on Hugo2 2Go!

BBC 3 comes right up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back