Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 12, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #12,931 of 18,775
Apr 12, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #12,932 of 18,775
Today I try poly v2.00 hotspot mode with my iPhone...no dropouts even playing with dsd files finally with 8player pro. Really I felt satisfied after keeping it for 6 months in the box. Almost sold it off with the old firmware cos it’s quite problematic, luckily I didn’t hahahaha.

Few days ago I was trying with wifi at home also no issues at all, so today try hotspot as some here say got some issues...luckily mine is alright

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #12,933 of 18,775
Do let us know how you like the Solaris. I've had the Shure SE-535s since they were initially released. Last year, my wife gave me (for my 60th) a pair of Focal Clear headphones (which pair nicely with the Mojo/Poly. I've been looking at replacing the 535s with something else as I'd like to upgrade my IEMs. Just can't justify it yet (as the Clears are about a year old), but I'd like to put it on my list if they are a nice step up from the 535s.

Hey David

My ears are about the same age as yours :).
To not go off topic this is what I use regularly on my Cord Mojo and poly when I am traveling.

Context:
I listen 6 hours a day on average and 2 days a week I commute into London on the train.

Pairing
At home I use Oppo PM3's and Sennheiser 660's.
On in London and on the train I use Shure 535 LTD's (standard filters and snugs) and recently BGVP DM6's.
I listen to mostly 192/96/24 bit, and all sorts from classic violin to pop.

Campfire Solaris
I'm only 3 hours in (and burn in is supposed to take 40 hours).
DM6 was an upgrade by maybe 10% on the 535's (I have loved the 535's for years by the way my 3rd pair)

The Solaris is an upgrade of around 50%, I am shocked! It is like a vail has been lifted. I am hearing details I have never heard. Separation and imaging is amazing. I am really loving the base depth it's there when something base is needed it even tickled my through ! But if you play pop which had little base you don’t hear any. I listen to a lot of live well recorded stuff and they seem to be really good at making you feel like you are in the room with them. I didn't know the mojo / poly was so good.

IM me if you want more detail, I am being brief as it is a little off topic. I just wanted to answer your question.

Max

Apr 12, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #12,934 of 18,775
Today I try poly v2.00 hotspot mode with my iPhone...no dropouts even playing with dsd files finally with 8player pro. Really I felt satisfied after keeping it for 6 months in the box. Almost sold it off with the old firmware cos it’s quite problematic, luckily I didn’t hahahaha

Yup, Poly has been dead to me for awhile. After I saw the flurry of activity on this site I decided to check out the buzz. Fortunately, I was able to get the V 2.0 update done; absolutely have NO idea how I did it as I tried the instructions to no avail, turned on and off multiple times, saw the flashing before it was talked about, shut it off again, separated from the Mojo and restarted and lo and behold there was V2.0.

In any case, spent all day yesterday listening in bliss, both on Roon and in hotspot and couldn't be happier. It now seems like a finished product with great options for everyone; well soon to be everyone.

Apr 12, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #12,935 of 18,775
Hey David

My ears are about the same age as yours :).
To not go off topic this is what I use regularly on my Cord Mojo and poly when I am traveling.

Context:
I listen 6 hours a day on average and 2 days a week I commute into London on the train.

Pairing
At home I use Oppo PM3's and Sennheiser 660's.
On in London and on the train I use Shure 535 LTD's (standard filters and snugs) and recently BGVP DM6's.
I listen to mostly 192/96/24 bit, and all sorts from classic violin to pop.

Campfire Solaris
I'm only 3 hours in (and burn in is supposed to take 40 hours).
DM6 was an upgrade by maybe 10% on the 535's (I have loved the 535's for years by the way my 3rd pair)

The Solaris is an upgrade of around 50%, I am shocked! It is like a vail has been lifted. I am hearing details I have never heard. Separation and imaging is amazing. I am really loving the base depth it's there when something base is needed it even tickled my through ! But if you play pop which had little base you don’t hear any. I listen to a lot of live well recorded stuff and they seem to be really good at making you feel like you are in the room with them. I didn't know the mojo / poly was so good.

IM me if you want more detail, I am being brief as it is a little off topic. I just wanted to answer your question.

Max

Sorry to sabotage your efforts to stay on topic, but I was wondering if you had any experience of CA Andromeda's in terms of how they sit in the ear and how that compares to the Solaris. I'm (literally) very comfortable with my Andromedas but would have to buy the Solaris sight unseen, if I go ahead (slightly on the fence).

Apr 12, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #12,936 of 18,775
The Poly update servers are back online again!
Huge apologies for the delay.

A couple of important points.

Do not switch off whilst Poly shows a yellow/orange P status light. This is when it is installing the update.
When it is done P status will switch off. At this point unplug the charger switch off Mojo so Poly turns completely off.
Switch back on to complete the update process. It will reboot and then begin to work normally.
Be patient it takes a while for the update to complete.

If any customer already has the flashing red, green, blue P status light then power down completely and
switch back on to re-start the download and installation process. Then follow the steps above.

Instructions are available on our FAQ

https://chordelectronics.co.uk/faqs-category/streamers/

Matt

Apr 12, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #12,938 of 18,775
Really sorry but my only experience of the Andromadas was a quick 10 minute interview. I liked the sound but they didn't feel like they sat as deep in my ears as I wanted. The Solaris did and they have more reach. The storks are much longer I think. That's all I can offer really.

Apr 12, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #12,940 of 18,775
Apr 12, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #12,944 of 18,775
very happy to report that the 2.0 update is working very well indeed. My main use case is with Roon via headphones or on my main stereo. I have spent the last hour just flicking from favourite song to favourite song, encountering all sorts of file types along the way including MQA. This type of activity previously resulted in very frequent drop outs but I am happy to report 60 mins of flawless listening. As one of the early adopters I have to say this has been a long time coming - what kept me going was a lack of credible alternatives i.e. top class DAC and streaming capability for under £1000. This combo is now fulfilling its potential - about time?? Yes perhaps but I am delighted we are hear at last!!!

Apr 12, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #12,945 of 18,775
The Poly update servers are back online again!
Huge apologies for the delay.

A couple of important points.

Do not switch off whilst Poly shows a yellow/orange P status light. This is when it is installing the update.
When it is done P status will switch off. At this point unplug the charger switch off Mojo so Poly turns completely off.
Switch back on to complete the update process. It will reboot and then begin to work normally.
Be patient it takes a while for the update to complete.

If any customer already has the flashing red, green, blue P status light then power down completely and
switch back on to re-start the download and installation process. Then follow the steps above.

Instructions are available on our FAQ

https://chordelectronics.co.uk/faqs-category/streamers/

Matt

Update completed at least!
Please @Matt Bartlett I suggest to review your instructions and the FAQ instructions because they are not the same.

Step 6 says automatic reboot and it is manual in your description and at least in my case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back