Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 12, 2019 at 4:02 AM Post #12,916 of 18,757
In my experience, anyone who starts their first post with the words "trust me" should expect their advice to be anything but trusted.
If you truly represented a security company you would know trust is earned, not blagged.
The word scam is how security experts describe your approach..

Personally I applaud Matts defence of his OTA policy. He is protecting Chords reputation and Poly users data and infrastructure from potential breach. It also protects the infrastructure of employers where Poly is used at work.

Apr 12, 2019 at 4:43 AM Post #12,918 of 18,757
Hi Matt, the server is still down? It is always impossible to upgrade the firmware. Thank you.

Apr 12, 2019 at 5:54 AM Post #12,919 of 18,757
I wonder how non Head-Fi’ers are coping as they will probably not know that the server is down if they’re just following the instructions on the Chord website. There are no updates on their Twitter feed either.

If it wasn’t for this forum I would have gone crazy trying to work out why I couldn’t get the firmware updated.

Apr 12, 2019 at 6:00 AM Post #12,921 of 18,757
Hey vkvedam

I went for the Campfire Solaris's. Up until now I have never gone beyond the Shure se 535 Ltd or a bunch of different ChiFi try-outs with my budget. The DM6's have been one of my favourites. This is the first pair of "Expensive for me" IEM's I have ever got. I had to save up for quite a while :). They turn up today. I guess you know how I am feeling just now. Think I have read every review going on them now :).

Apr 12, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #12,922 of 18,757
I wonder how non Head-Fi’ers are coping as they will probably not know that the server is down if they’re just following the instructions on the Chord website. There are no updates on their Twitter feed either.

If it wasn’t for this forum I would have gone crazy trying to work out why I couldn’t get the firmware updated.
I failed more than 20 times before google brings me into this thread. (Mostly because I have to setup vpn / tunnel on router. So I have to tune the vpn and try more times.)
That's why I'd suggest that Chord should provides installation from TF card just like most android phone vendor supports.

Apr 12, 2019 at 6:10 AM Post #12,923 of 18,757
Hey vkvedam

I went for the Campfire Solaris's. Up until now I have never gone beyond the Shure se 535 Ltd or a bunch of different ChiFi try-outs with my budget. The DM6's have been one of my favourites. This is the first pair of "Expensive for me" IEM's I have ever got. I had to save up for quite a while :). They turn up today. I guess you know how I am feeling just now. Think I have read every review going on them now :).

Good choice :wink:

IMG_4173.jpg

Apr 12, 2019 at 6:29 AM Post #12,924 of 18,757
Ha, cool.... I did um and arr for quite a while if they would match well with the mojo. There are lots of mentions of the hugo and CA Solaris's, I have tried out the hugo next to the Poly and they sounded similar so I risked it. I should have asked here shouldn't I :), glad to see I am not on my own. Are you enjoying this pairing ? I will probably use them with my AK70 II too.

Apr 12, 2019 at 7:10 AM Post #12,927 of 18,757

That’s exactly what happened to me drove me crazy then I checked here. I tried all kind of ways, ended up somehow bricking the poly I think. Found a fix in a earlier post where I have to drain the battery completely then full recharge hope it fixes it.

Apr 12, 2019 at 7:15 AM Post #12,928 of 18,757
In my experience, anyone who starts their first post with the words "trust me" should expect their advice to be anything but trusted.
If you truly represented a security company you would know trust is earned, not blagged.
The word scam is how security experts describe your approach..

Personally I applaud Matts defence of his OTA policy. He is protecting Chords reputation and Poly users data and infrastructure from potential breach. It also protects the infrastructure of employers where Poly is used at work.

Where did you learn to question, “trust me”?

Just life experience or in formal training?

Thanks —I’m curious.

Apr 12, 2019 at 8:03 AM Post #12,929 of 18,757
Good choice :wink:

Hey vkvedam

Do let us know how you like the Solaris. I've had the Shure SE-535s since they were initially released. Last year, my wife gave me (for my 60th) a pair of Focal Clear headphones (which pair nicely with the Mojo/Poly. I've been looking at replacing the 535s with something else as I'd like to upgrade my IEMs. Just can't justify it yet (as the Clears are about a year old), but I'd like to put it on my list if they are a nice step up from the 535s.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back