Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 10, 2019 at 3:27 AM Post #12,811 of 18,757
I received exactly the same answer from Ed, but I don't think we asked exactly the same question :wink:
It's probably a reply bot.

At least I can continue to use the Mojo-Poly with version 1.0.41 with the personal hotspot of my iPhone.

The update is for both Android and iOS users so you should still update if you are on Android.

Apr 10, 2019 at 3:57 AM Post #12,813 of 18,757
I managed to update my Poly yesterday and today I had some time to test it out. Very happy to report that Roon now works almost flawlessly in my home. I say almost because I did experience about 2 audio drop-outs during the 2+ hours that I was listening to some music but this has been the longest successful stretch of listening via Roon that I’ve had with the MoJoPoly since I bought it almost 2 years ago.

My next test would be tomorrow when I am listening offline Tidal content via Airplay when I am out and about, especially while commuting on the underground train.

Since I am an iOS user, when I am outside of my home, I do all of my listening via Airplay (for offline Tidal content) and accessing the music on my SD card.

Therefore I am curious about what exactly does the Tidal login information in the Gofigure app do? Is this meant to benefit Android users only since they don’t have Airplay or Chromecast?

I guess what I am trying to say is, is there a better way of listening to my offline Tidal music if I am not listening via Airplay on my iOS device?

Apr 10, 2019 at 4:19 AM Post #12,814 of 18,757
I managed to update my Poly yesterday and today I had some time to test it out. Very happy to report that Roon now works almost flawlessly in my home. I say almost because I did experience about 2 audio drop-outs during the 2+ hours that I was listening to some music but this has been the longest successful stretch of listening via Roon that I’ve had with the MoJoPoly since I bought it almost 2 years ago.

My next test would be tomorrow when I am listening offline Tidal content via Airplay when I am out and about, especially while commuting on the underground train.

Since I am an iOS user, when I am outside of my home, I do all of my listening via Airplay (for offline Tidal content) and accessing the music on my SD card.

Therefore I am curious about what exactly does the Tidal login information in the Gofigure app do? Is this meant to benefit Android users only since they don’t have Airplay or Chromecast?

I guess what I am trying to say is, is there a better way of listening to my offline Tidal music if I am not listening via Airplay on my iOS device?

For offline content then no there isn't a better way at the moment. At some point we hope Tidal will allow offline content using other methods.

Apr 10, 2019 at 4:20 AM Post #12,815 of 18,757
@innocentblood Good question, I'd expected something along the lines of how AK Connect App works with Tidal/Poly but if it is then I can't figure it out. No idea why GoFigure needs my Tidal login details when, at the moment, all I seem to be able to do is connect via Bluetooth and stream from the Tidal App itself. I think (hope) that I'm missing something obvious.

Apr 10, 2019 at 4:41 AM Post #12,816 of 18,757
I have successfully upgraded to 2.0...wasnt easy as I did get failure messages on go figure for Android....but low and behold, in spite of the error messages and no solid yellow it did update. However the new go figure app for android can no longer connect to the poly. I get an error message asking for the Bluetooth pin. After imputing 0000, I just get a cycle back to the same message. Using go figure on my iPad all is well. Plays as roon endpoint and in dnla mode. The tidal and qobuz credentials seem to have no purpose. I have reinserted my sd card and machine has been indexing for 3 hours. Android app simply doesn't work. This is a major update but the poly mojo still seems unready for prime time and too awkward. This is a shame as chord makes brilliant hardware, just can't nail the software, a reoccurring theme in the ce space.
Matt has helpfully responded to me when I was having the same problem. You need to delete Poly from the list of Bluetooth devices on your phone to solve the problem. So unpair to pair. It worked for me though connecting via Android requires patience and in my experience repeated restarts of the app.

Apr 10, 2019 at 5:33 AM Post #12,817 of 18,757
Last edited:
Apr 10, 2019 at 5:44 AM Post #12,819 of 18,757
@innocentblood Good question, I'd expected something along the lines of how AK Connect App works with Tidal/Poly but if it is then I can't figure it out. No idea why GoFigure needs my Tidal login details when, at the moment, all I seem to be able to do is connect via Bluetooth and stream from the Tidal App itself. I think (hope) that I'm missing something obvious.

yes I was hoping there would be some use of having the tidal login in gofigure, whereas if spotify login was there then spotify connect would be a good use, nothing similar for tidal i guess.

Apr 10, 2019 at 6:37 AM Post #12,820 of 18,757
@Matt Bartlett or other Quickplay users out here: after updating to 2.0 none of my quickplay playlists work anymore. I see them, I can select them, but nothing starts playing. This used to be only the case when I mistyped a path name (I hand code my playlists) and the Poly couldn’t find a file at the path I was pointing it to.

But now not a single of those playlist starts up any music. Note: the files on the SD card are clearly accessible; Glider starts them up w/out any issues.

Apr 10, 2019 at 7:00 AM Post #12,822 of 18,757
@Matt Bartlett or other Quickplay users out here: after updating to 2.0 none of my quickplay playlists work anymore. I see them, I can select them, but nothing starts playing. This used to be only the case when I mistyped a path name (I hand code my playlists) and the Poly couldn’t find a file at the path I was pointing it to.

But now not a single of those playlist starts up any music. Note: the files on the SD card are clearly accessible; Glider starts them up w/out any issues.

Ok it's working for us. A couple of things to try:-
Firstly try refreshing the DLNA database under general settings in Gofigure.
Secondly remove the SD card and put it in your computer. Delete the mpd, art_cache.tar and dlna-sdfree files. Then plug it back into Poly and allow it to rebuild the database. When you see the dancing P status lights finish. Eject the SD card and plug it back in and you should see the dancing lights again and when finished the playlist should work through Quickplay.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2019 at 7:22 AM Post #12,823 of 18,757
Ok it's working for us. A couple of things to try:-
Firstly try refreshing the DLNA database under general settings in Gofigure.
Secondly remove the SD card and put it in your computer. Delete the mpd, art_cache.tar and dlna-sdfree files. Then plug it back into Poly and allow it to rebuild the database. When you see the dancing P status lights finish. Eject the SD card and plug it back in and you should see the dancing lights again and when finished the playlist should work through Quickplay.
Perfect. I've got it working again. I had already deleted the mpd and dlna-sdfree files before and let them be rebuilt, but I had never before deleted the art_cache.tar (since I assumed it was just a cache of album art; why bother with that one?) -- deleting all three now made the difference. Thanks for the tip! /cc @davidchurchill

Apr 10, 2019 at 7:31 AM Post #12,824 of 18,757
An amazing turnaround to see so many happy users posting.

Well, I guess this is a bit of overestimation. Happy I would say were maybe 2 or 3 posters.
In my case accessing Tidal via Poly is far less convenient and stable than via Bubble. And strangely enough, Bubble seems to be more stable now than mconnect was previously, with mconnect being just next to useless for me at the moment. Maybe I need to reinstall it.
But there is in fact some vague but noticeable change in the sound. Clarity comes to mind when trying to describe it.
As for Poly, in my opinion it is still not there. Maybe not an alpha, but it's mid-beta now. I wonder how it will look and feel in production phase.
Edit: Aaand, Matt, any ideas why update goes smoothly only when you disobey the rules? I've spent 4 hours yesterday powercycling, before SD card did it in 5 minutes. This is strange, isn't it?

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2019 at 7:31 AM Post #12,825 of 18,757
Perfect. I've got it working again. I had already deleted the mpd and dlna-sdfree files before and let them be rebuilt, but I had never before deleted the art_cache.tar (since I assumed it was just a cache of album art; why bother with that one?) -- deleting all three now made the difference. Thanks for the tip! /cc @davidchurchill

Thanks for letting me know - that's great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back