Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 9, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #12,721 of 18,757
Sorry I have to ask. Does it matter how we turn off poly? On my poly I have a white light and purple light when it’s on. When I turn off mojo only mojo turns off. Poly stays on. Only way I can “turn it off’ is to unplug ac charger.

Yes Poly needs to be completely off so no charger connected and Mojo switched off.

Apr 9, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #12,722 of 18,757
A rogue who wonders... Chord once again has his incompetent fingers in play.

I stay on the old firmware 1.0.26. It make no sense to update to 2.0, and it is useless anyway. Essential stuff like Google Chromecast support is not even integrated! ...unimportant mumpitz, like roon what probably not even 10% of Poly users use anyway. BOOOOORING!

I have been a very vocal critic of the poly. I think it certainly has its share of issues and still could use some extra features, specifically chromecast for us android users to have parity with apple, esepcially considering the lack of bluetooth codecs available.

But, you are wrong about this one. This update does have some new features. Though like you, most of them I dont care about (not about to spend hundreds to set up roon). But in all honesty, I would say the main feature of this update is stability. Two days ago I loaded up the poly and couldn't use it for more than 3 or 4 minutes before getting issues, at home, on my home network. I listened for an hour last night switching between using hify (for spotify), dlna, and mpd. And the new firmware handled it like a champ. I am at work now, using a hotspot on my phone, something I tried a few weeks ago and had major problems with. Today, running almost perfectly (had one minor dropout, though thats likely due to more to the phone hotspot).

I feel like this is the update that finally brings the poly to a place it likely should have been at launch. Its unfortunate that its now 18 or so months since release and we are just there. But as vocal as I have been, I am very happy that chord has not given up on it. I am actually excited again to use my poly. Its still not perfect, and I do hope they keep adding to it and updating it. Chromecast integration is sorely needed in my opinion, and theres still some question about gapless playback via dlna. But either way, this is a great update.

Apr 9, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #12,725 of 18,757
Echoing others here, (putting aside the pain of the upgrade process) firmware v2.0 has been a revelation. Well done Chord. If this had been the initial release I'm sure Poly would have had a much more positive welcome. Still, got there in the end! I hope now Chord carries on with development and implements outstanding features (Chromecast, Spotify etc).

Apr 9, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #12,727 of 18,757
I'm on FW 2.0 now. On my home network everything is working fantastically. Especially with Roon

I'm still getting issues on hotspot mode though :frowning2:

After only 2 songs Poly's hotspot just disappeared and couldn't be discovered on any of my devices. I then discovered that every time I switch hotspot mode on/off Poly decides to rebuild the SD database meaning I have to wait 20 mins or so for my music to be fully available.

Is anyone else experiencing something similar to this?

Apr 9, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #12,728 of 18,757
I normally don’t say too much but I have to colour the negative posts here with a bit of positive feedback: I am really happy with the Poly/Mojo. It worked for me on the go and at home / work (3 networks) with no issues. When I leave the house I just start up my hot spot and power up the Poly. Everything just works. The update was not flawless but it worked for me. The update made my Poly faster and a bit more fun, The Germans out there will have heard the saying "He who loves his car, pushes" Same with the Poly, if you love music then just try harder….. You folks at Chord, A big thank you for the Poly and the Mojo. I don’t think there is a more flexible and brilliant sounding device out there for this price. It's good to see a company who stick behind a good idea and resulting product through thick and thin.

Good Job well done.

Apr 9, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #12,729 of 18,757
Does it by gosh? I have one, but only know how to use it, not it’s specifications.
Do Quobuz and Tidal support Chromecast? I don’t use either, just intrigued. I’m in the Spotify user category. It’s ‘free’ with my phone contract.
I do have to agree that Chromecast is better than Airplay and is every where.

Tidal does use Google Cast, which is what makes it even more sore for us Android users that the Poly (coming onto 2 years of release) still doesn't support it, but has had AirPlay. Chord may favor Apple, but the fact is that they're leaving a large portion of potential buyers on the table.

Apr 9, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #12,730 of 18,757
@Matt Bartlett @ChordElectronics @Mojo ideas ... I am sure you are all super busy supporting users through the 2.0 process. Enjoying the Internet Radio find! When things calm down can you explain the Tidal integration? I entered my credentials under Users. But just not sure what to expect/look for (and where) after that. Or if someone else on the forum can share I thank you in advance.

Apr 9, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #12,731 of 18,757
Tidal does use Google Cast, which is what makes it even more sore for us Android users that the Poly (coming onto 2 years of release) still doesn't support it, but has had AirPlay. Chord may favor Apple, but the fact is that they're leaving a large portion of potential buyers on the table.

Chord has said a number of times that they have planned and are looking into chromecast support. And I believe they had mentioned some challenges getting it implemented. So I dont think its that they have left us on the table, it just hasnt arrived, nor have we had great communication as to the status or priority of implementing it. Dont know if its still coming, or what the status is, but I certainly hope its still on the table and can be made a priority because it does feel like for android users, streaming options are limited.

Apr 9, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #12,733 of 18,757
A rogue who wonders... Chord once again has his incompetent fingers in play.

I stay on the old firmware 1.0.26. It make no sense to update to 2.0, and it is useless anyway. Essential stuff like Google Chromecast support is not even integrated! ...unimportant mumpitz, like roon what probably not even 10% of Poly users use anyway. BOOOOORING!
Be careful. I think you will probably get 1.0.41 forced on you if you connect to the internet and you may brick Poly if an sd card is on board.

Has anyone installed 1.0.41 but not 2.0.0 and checked if Poly still has all the functionality of 1.0.26? Or is 1.0.41 just an installer for 2.0.0? Paranoid question I know.

Apr 9, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #12,735 of 18,757
Make sure your Poly is on charge and the SD card is ejected. Then press the update firmware button in Gofigure just once.
At this point Poly will contact the server to start the firmware download. This can take quite a long time. You know it has started the download when the P status light starts to flash all the different colours. Eventually the flashing will stop and you should see a solid
orange/yellow P status light. This is when the firmware is being installed. Wait again until eventually Poly reboots and you should see
the white charging light come back on.

I have changed my charger and now I am using an Hugo2 charger.

Repeat the process again. This time the main light of the mojo (the big one) stills off (not changes to red) and the dancing colors in the Poly light come to white after several minutes (20’ more or less). No orange or yellow color in Poly light at any moment.

After that nothing happens.
I turned off and on but is not updated.

This is a nightmare :frowning2:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back