Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 9, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #12,706 of 18,757
Whilst I would have liked to see Spotify Connect and Chromecast support, I’m of the opinion that support for HiRes supporters like Tidal, Quobuz and Roon makes a lot more sense for something like the Mojo-Poly combination. It’s for audiophiles and music enthusiasts, people who want the best sounding combinations. Chromecast/Spotify Connect won’t likely provide such possibilities.
Chromecast supports uncompressed 24/96 playback - perfectly suitable. (Chromecast Audio dongle can act as a Roon endpoint fwiw). It's a (better) Android equivalent to Airplay really.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #12,707 of 18,757
- got the solid yellow light
- powered down
- unplugged
- waited for the light to go out
- plugged it back in again

- got the mojo light, but not the poly light.

Poly has been essentially charging all day, so doubt that it's a dead battery. Seems more like the firmware udpate may have been corrupted due to being incomplete. The solid yellow light (and the long delay of it staying on after powering down), was, at least in my case, indicative of the 2.0 firmware update not completing, so ended up with a corrupt firmware, and now doesn't start up.

@Matt Bartlett
I have a problem similar to what is described in another post per above. please can you advise what to do where i have upgraded to 41, but not to 2.0. when i turn on the device only the M light is lit, P light doesnt light up. seems like its bricked.
I sent an email to support, but no reply. thanks

Apr 9, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #12,708 of 18,757
Thanks Matt
Done that, (again :) )

still stuck in the loop, and as per other people post the app closes in iOS

also, my lights alternate RGB when I turn off, not really flashing, and the m status light comes on white for a while then off for a while

Is your charger ok? The firmware update process does not affect Mojo at all and you shouldn't be seeing the M status light flashing on and off. That normally means you are not
getting enough power from your charger to charge both Mojo and Poly at the same time. This would stop the update.

Apr 9, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #12,709 of 18,757
Hi Matt, thanks for all. What do you mean by this can take quite a long time: 1 hours, 5 hours? The night?. In case of the P status light continue to flash différent colours after a long period ( 10 hours for example) what we have to do? Thanks for your help. Cheers jm

It depends on the speed of your internet connection but I would guess that if nothing has happened after 2 hours you should switch Poly completely off so P status light goes out and then try again. Make sure you plug the charger back in before turning Mojo/Poly back on.

Apr 9, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #12,710 of 18,757
@Matt Bartlett
I have a problem similar to what is described in another post per above. please can you advise what to do where i have upgraded to 41, but not to 2.0. when i turn on the device only the M light is lit, P light doesnt light up. seems like its bricked.
I sent an email to support, but no reply. thanks

Sorry no one has replied to you. As you can imagine we are particularly busy today.
As long as you didn't have an SD card inserted and didn't switch off Poly when it was on a solid yellow light then it shouldn't have bricked.
Can you try plugging the charger in. Wait 10s and then unplug the charger and plug back in again. If you get the white light then all should be ok.

Apr 9, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #12,711 of 18,757
Ah great. Thanks for letting me know. Glad it works for you now. It's a great solution I hadn't thought of before so kudos to you for suggesting it.

Thanks Matt, one other thing re connectivity: with the old firmware I often had difficulties with getting Airplay connectivity in iPhone hotspot mode, with 2.0 it works flawlessly. Great update! I feel like my Poly has been reborn...

Apr 9, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #12,712 of 18,757
@Matt Bartlett: Thank you. That’s what I made 3 or 4 times and still nothing. I have fiber and very high debit so it is not an internet issue. I will try again. Anyway if it is impossible after trying 5 or 6 times for more than 3 hours each, any other solution? Thanks a lot, cheers jm

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #12,713 of 18,757
Hi Everyone,
This is really important. Please DO NOT try and update with the SD card inserted. If you do you risk bricking your Poly.
Please follow the instructions as stated.

When the P status light is cycling through the colours Poly is trying to download the update file from the server.
When the download has completed you will see a yellow P status light and Poly will begin to reprogram.
Do not switch off or remove the charger when the light is yellow. When the programming is finished the P status light will either switch off or go back to white showing it is charging. You can then reboot and use Poly normally.

If you have difficulty with the update please contact our support email ( support@chordelectronics.co.uk ) and we will help you.

Well.... too late now.

My poly is now bricked.

After just getting it back from George Meyer for a repair yesterday, and having struggled with the update, trying different tricks while following this forum thread, I’m at a loss on what can be done now.

Emailed yesterday evening PDT, got a response from Chord to wait a few hours and try again.

Tried this morning, expecting it to still not power up and yes, still bricked.

Apr 9, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #12,714 of 18,757
Sorry no one has replied to you. As you can imagine we are particularly busy today.
As long as you didn't have an SD card inserted and didn't switch off Poly when it was on a solid yellow light then it shouldn't have bricked.
Can you try plugging the charger in. Wait 10s and then unplug the charger and plug back in again. If you get the white light then all should be ok.

I just tried and still dont get the P light. actually i think when the yellow light came on before during the update i may have switched off the Poly. (this was not clear in the youtube instruction as it said solid light).
so it seems bricked.

Apr 9, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #12,715 of 18,757
Chromecast supports uncompressed 24/96 playback - perfectly suitable. (Chromecast Audio dongle can act as a Roon endpoint fwiw). It's a (better) Android equivalent to Airplay really.
Does it by gosh? I have one, but only know how to use it, not it’s specifications.
Do Quobuz and Tidal support Chromecast? I don’t use either, just intrigued. I’m in the Spotify user category. It’s ‘free’ with my phone contract.
I do have to agree that Chromecast is better than Airplay and is every where.

Apr 9, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #12,716 of 18,757

Hi @Matt, I recently forwarded an email regarding a similar situation. Everything was going smoothly until it reached the solid yellow light. I left the device and when I returned, the solid light was off (which per instructions indicated the update was completed), and I proceeded to detach power cord, then powered off.

Then I inserted a SD card and powered on, and haven't seen the P status light and am not able to connect via GoFigure.

Any thoughts/suggestions would really be appreciated, thank you!

Apr 9, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #12,717 of 18,757
Is your charger ok? The firmware update process does not affect Mojo at all and you shouldn't be seeing the M status light flashing on and off. That normally means you are not
getting enough power from your charger to charge both Mojo and Poly at the same time. This would stop the update.

yes, charger(s) are ok, even from a battery, only happens with the poly connected, if I charge the mojo on its own, solid white light.

I will separate them and fully charge (again), I charged them for a whole day prior.
once charged I'll try again.

Thanks

Apr 9, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #12,718 of 18,757
To add a bit of positivity after all the updates struggles, the new FW works really well with Roon. No more random pauses while playing and it seems like I'm also not getting audio dropouts anymore in my home mesh network. So while the update process was really convoluted, once installed the software is a huge step forward. Kudos!

Apr 9, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #12,720 of 18,757
When I boot up I just have a white solid light. No dancing colors. Left on all night still .26. I’ll email support. Hoping my poly not refusing/unable to update.
Sorry I have to ask. Does it matter how we turn off poly? On my poly I have a white light and purple light when it’s on. When I turn off mojo only mojo turns off. Poly stays on. Only way I can “turn it off’ is to unplug ac charger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back