Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 20, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #12,286 of 18,775
Like I said, I'm just the nasty mean dude who constantly spills salt into the wounds. The biggest damage was done by the development team itself.
I feel another visit from the metaphor police is in order.

Mar 20, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #12,290 of 18,775
Well, on the plus side, my problem has been resolved; I took the unit in on Monday to Nintronics and they confirmed the firmware was corrupt. They ordered a replacement unit for me and I collected it today so I am back up and running. Third time lucky :)
Impressive replacement service . What would be the position once out of warrantee?

Mar 20, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #12,291 of 18,775
I feel another visit from the metaphor police is in order.
The Metaphor Police are overworked and underfunded and can't respond.
_44298535_strike.203.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #12,293 of 18,775
I will obviously wait to hear, but my guess would be that no, disconnecting the poly would likely do nothing for the battery drain while powered off. If the poly has to continuously poll the usb for power, I am not sure why that would be any different when connected vs not connected. I have said it before, it is a slick solution to have the mojo power on the poly, but the battery drain is a trade off to me that I dont think is worth it when a simple switch or button could have done the same thing. I dont know if there were design considerations at play here, but I imagine it was likely to keep it working like any other dap where you dont have to switch multiple things on. I would have preferred a second switch. With how little I have been using the poly lately, it has been completely dead every time I do actually go to use it. Unfortunately, with the current design, I am really not sure there is any other option at this point without going in and modding the hardware like you were saying.

Indeed, the battery drain of the Poly makes it almost unusable to me.

Mar 20, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #12,294 of 18,775
Volume accidentally turned to 11!! Mojo is going to blow my eardrums or damage my hearing!!

I know this issue has been addressed in the past but I cannot remember if there was any acknowledgment or response from Chord and team.

Will there ever be a way to prevent the volume on the Mojo/Poly from accidentally going to the max “11” without being aware? Perhaps by being able to set a personal limit for Mojo volume?

The common scenario is this: The Poly/Mojo is in your pocket and the volume UP button accidentally gets pressed / held-down. If this happens after you pause your music for some reason, when you resume and turn the music back on, the Mojo is unknowingly at the max and is deafening to the ears! Literally deafening!! This just happened to me and I am geniuinly concerned I might have permanently damaged my ears. It was insanely loud and I fumbled around for a bit with device in my pocket trying to unplug the cable, finally resorting to ripping the headphones out my ears by the cables.

This has happened to me two times now and I know it has happened to other users. It is extremely dangerous for our ears! It can also seriously damage your headphones, but of course our hearing is the main concern and should be a concern of Chord’s.

I really feel Chord should take this issue seriously to protect its customers and avoid unnecessary lawsuits. It is truly dangerious for consumer products to allow this without any control from the user. From a moral persepective, Chord should protect their customer’s ears and address this problem.

According to EU legislation, personal listening devices should not go above 85 dB.

http://europa.eu/rapid/pressReleasesAction.do?reference=IP/09/1364

The safe exposure levels defined above shall be the default settings on products.
Higher exposure levels can be permitted, provided that they have been intentionally
selected by the user and the product incorporates a reliable means to inform the
user of the risks.”

I’m not suggesting Chord limit volume to 85dB but not allowing users to set their own limits is irresponsible and unlawful. The scenario I described is all too easy to reproduce and have happen to you (repeatedly). It has now happened to me twice.

Would love to hear what Chord thinks on the matter and if there is any plan or possibility to resolve this via a firmware update or otherwise.

Thank you

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #12,295 of 18,775
Volume accidentally turned to 11!! Mojo is going to blow my eardrums or damage my hearing!!

I know this issue hasn’t been addressed in the past but I cannot remember if there was any acknowledgment or response from Chord and team.

Will there ever be a way to prevent the volume on the Mojo/Poly from accidentally going to the max “11” without being aware? Perhaps by being able to set a personal limit for Mojo volume?

The common scenario is this: The Poly/Mojo is in your pocket and the volume UP button accidentally gets pressed / held-down. If this happens after you pause your music for some reason, when you resume and turn the music back on, the Mojo is unknowingly at the max and is deafening to the ears! Literally deafening!! This just happened to and I am geniuinly concerned I might have permanently damaged my ears. It was insanely loud and I fumbled around for a bit with device in my pocket trying to unplug the cable, finally resorting to ripping the headphones out my ears by the cables.

This has happened to me two times now and I know it has happened to other users. It is extremely dangerous for our ears! It can also seriously damage your headphones, but of course our hearing is the main concern and should be a concern of Chords.

I really feel Chord should take this seriously to avoid protect its customers and avoid unnecessary lawsuits. It is truly dangerious for consumer products to allow this without any control from the user. From a moral persepective, Chord should protect their customer’s ears and address this problem.

According to EU legislation, personal listening devices should not go above 85 dB.

http://europa.eu/rapid/pressReleasesAction.do?reference=IP/09/1364

The safe exposure levels defined above shall be the default settings on products.
Higher exposure levels can be permitted, provided that they have been intentionally
selected by the user and the product incorporates a reliable means to inform the
user of the risks.”

I’m not suggesting Chord limit volume to 85dB but not allowing users to set their own limits is irresponsible and unlawful. The scenario I described is all too easy to reproduce and have happen to you (repeatedly). It has now happened to me twice.

Would love to hear what Chord thinks on the matter and if there is any plan or possibility to resolve this via a firmware update or otherwise.

Thank you
Once bitten, twice shy, surely.
All you have to do is take your headphones out of your ears, before you check the mojo volume, and restart the music.

Mar 20, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #12,296 of 18,775
First time I have heard that tight trousers heart your ears.... Sorry Sorry just couldn't help it.... Loosening your trousers is good for you in more ways than one then... Sorry, you have me grinning now I must stop....

Mar 20, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #12,299 of 18,775
First time I have heard that tight trousers heart your ears.... Sorry Sorry just couldn't help it.... Loosening your trousers is good for you in more ways than one then... Sorry, you have me grinning now I must stop....
I have removed my reply because in hindsight I realise that it could cause offense. Apologies if it has.

Attachments

• Trousers.jpg
    Trousers.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 20, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #12,300 of 18,775
You need to learn to be very cautious - takes a few mistakes - now I mostly remember to start with volume off and then increment up.
It’s so serious, it’s worth having a personal procedure!
You’ll feel good about yourself afterwards, it empowers to feel like you can run a marathon, anything’s possible when we implement personal procedures !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back