1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Matt Bartlett, Jan 5, 2017.
First

Back
811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820
822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831
Next

Last
  1. Amberlamps
    What was tommy coopers favourite movie ?

Gone in 60 seconds.

I will not post the second UK wide joke, as it’s tasteless and not befitting of a man who died on stage/live tv and whose catch phrase was, “just like that”.

Tommy Cooper died.....Jus...

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  2. Amberlamps
    Technically you would be out of luck but, I’m sure Chord would replace it due to all the bad hype that surrounds it.

If they didn’t, then consumer law would in all probability be in your favour, fail in that, download this entire thread and take it to a small claims court.

But as mentioned above, if the retailer didn’t replace, repair or refund you the money, an email to chord support would in all probability get you back up and running.

3. PrittiPoly
    Interesting. The supplier of my homeplugs warns you that if you brick one during a firmware update, it will not be replaced. Is he in violation of consumer law? The situation is slightly different in that you have to download and select the firmware files on you computer and invoke the upgrade, whereas the Poly update is forced on you when you switch Poly on.

4. Amberlamps
    True, but any consumer laws & small claims court would rule in the customers favour if they saw this thread. But, Chord wouldn’t leave one hanging, they are a changed company to the one they were just one year ago. They would repair or replace it for ya.

They didn’t expect such a backlash, which to be fair, was out of their control, but they didn’t expect poly to have so many problems and didn’t realise what an internet forum full of disgruntled users can do to a company.

Their support dept, I think it’s Mitch, is now much more responsive and, Mitch is cool.

PrittiPoly and miketlse like this.
  5. Matt Bartlett
    Yes I just as interested as you are to know what has happened. We don't have your Poly back yet but once we do I'll run some tests to find out what is going on.

Chord Electronics Stay updated on Chord Electronics at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/chordelectronics https://twitter.com/chordaudio http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/
  6. Matt Bartlett
    Hi @Sim MacLean,
    Currently EU law only applies to personal music players (not DACs) with bundled headphones. The simple reason for this is the only way to set listening limits is to know what headphones/IEMs are being used and what software the music is being played on. In the case of Mojo the customer is free to choose any type of headphone or music source and a limit that works for one type might be far too low or far too high for another.
    However it's an interesting topic and one that will not be easy to solve. Locking the volume on Mojo is not helpful as then for instance if you accidentally maxed out the volume on your source player then you couldn't change the volume quickly on Mojo if you needed to. I guess the simplest solution is to cover the volume buttons with a case ( no sales pitch here honestly! ) so that in your pocket it is not possible to push the volume up or down. I carry a Mojo/Poly combo with me in my pocket when traveling and I have never had a volume issue but it is always in a case.

Chord Electronics Stay updated on Chord Electronics at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/chordelectronics https://twitter.com/chordaudio http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/
    zenlisten, headmanPL and Peter Hyatt like this.
  7. TangoMan
    That would be great Matt, Im happy with the product overall and can appreciate what is involved in developing such a product. If you need detailed information please feel free to PM me, I'm on my third Poly now so I think Im good at breaking things. The poly was dropped off at Nintronics yestersday who have been outstanding in terms of support. The current one has had about six hours use so far, Mainly Roon (at home) and MALP (whilst on site) it only had one lockup which was resolved by it being left on charge overnight.

8. Sim MacLean
    Thanks for the reply @Matt Bartlett. Regarding the short term case solution, I already have the Mojo/Poly case by Chord. With the case, still the volume will go up in my pocket. I’m not sure what to do now to prevent this from happening, as there is no eminent fix. Perhaps I can look into other cases. Please keep us posted if there is any traction on this issue.

9. supervisor
    i always lower the volume before starting any music, just create the habit.

Peter Hyatt likes this.
  10. ZappaMan
    It’s the only way to be sure - it’s an education thing - mojo has enough juice to power big speakers so you can’t assume it’s ok to blindly play directly into iems

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  11. headmanPL
    Likewise, I always check the orb colours which isn't a big deal whilst I wait for Poly to start up.
    That habit was formed after I once sat on my amplifier remote and didn't realise the volume turned up to 85, so when the music started I nearly had a heart attack and still can't believe my loudspeakers didn't explode.

Coming back to Mojo, I wouldn't want to limit the volume as I use Mojo to power audio systems in my car and office, which are at levels way beyond those for headphones.
    Before I bought Mojo I used to get so pissed off when my mobile would lower the volume and require me to accept the warning that loud music damages hearing. Always happened when driving the car & listening via Bluetooth or the Aux input.
    I wouldn't want Mojo to Nanny my listening like that .

12. Amberlamps
    I blew up a set of iems and gave myself tinnitus thanks to mojo.

I did it again with hugo :-|

13. Amberlamps
    Schiit, i missed that class :frowning2:

14. Amberlamps
    It’s friday, where’s the new goods ?

Is it being kept back for a re-launch in the summer when 2go is released ?

I direct those questions to Mr Bartlett, so whats the scoop @Matt Bartlett ?

:)

15. miketlse
    You must also have inside info about the top secret launch.
    I am authorised to reveal that it is Friday, it's 5 o clock, it is time for.......

Peter Hyatt and Amberlamps like this.
First

Back
811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820
822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831
Next

Last