Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 14, 2019 at 6:12 AM Post #12,226 of 18,821
For the first time my Poly has become stuck in On mode. Am I correct in thinking that I just have to let the Poly discharge? Pain in the bum, but I hear there’s a potent fix in the works.

It can take up to 30 hours before the poly battery is completely empty. Then just recharge Poly for about 4 hours and everything should work again. Although I use the Mojo-Poly device for half a year now, but this error only happened to me once. So it seems to be a very rare mistake to trigger.

Mar 14, 2019 at 7:33 AM Post #12,227 of 18,821
And it seems I am still not alone here. Which means there's more of us who didn't sell their Polys in spite of obvious flaws.
I agree, that this is a love-hate relationship. I love mojopoly for its appearance and potential capabilities. I hate it since using it is a pain in the neck. When I turn my audio system on, the only thing I need to do is to change the side of a vinyl, replace the cd or simpky nothing when streaming. With MojoPoly it's constant struggle. Will it get lost? Should I keep the screen on? What about battery life of my phone? And why does it need to make breaks between songs?... :wink:
I have time. I will hopefully live for another couple of decades and there will be a lot of music coming in the meantine, so I have both aim and purpose. Let's hope Chord will deliver some day.

Mar 14, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #12,228 of 18,821
The switch on problem was fixed shortly after launch and this was widely discussed was it that you couldn’t take your unit back to your dealer at that time for a replacement? Please contact our help line to arrange a replacement unit.

I actually wasn't saying I was having issues directly, just that it's been a problem that has existed with these devices. I personally am not experiencing issues at the moment with any switch issues. Other than battery draining when powered off. But I was told by your own support that it's just unfortunately how it was designed since it needs to remain at least partially active to monitor for the Mojo's power on. And regardless if that has been fixed, I have seen a number of users whose polys have gotten stuck on with the only solution being to let the battery drain down.

So in my opinion, while it wouldn't have been nearly as slick as the currently implemented solution, an actual power switch would have been more usable. Even if it wasn't as cool, and then required turning on two devices instead of one. Just my opinion though.

Also, I replaced two previous polys I owned for various other issues, and nearly replaced my current one as well for the wifi interference. But I somewhat got the idea that things I perceived as faults were just the way it works. Either way, as a day one purchaser, I'm out of warranty, and attempting to replace at this point for things I can't be sure are real issues or just quirks of how this thing works isn't something I'm going to do.

Sorry not trying to rant, just already done the whole replacement dance a few times before.

As I said, still holding on to hope that this thing turns into what I hope it would be. I have seen the flashes of greatness and really want to it to be part of my daily kit, just not quite there yet.

Mar 14, 2019 at 9:35 PM Post #12,229 of 18,821
But would one pass a polygraph?
I’m no Polyanna, but I’m confident the next firmware update will make for a delightful user experience.

Here’s to getting our mojo back :wink:

Mar 15, 2019 at 5:13 AM Post #12,232 of 18,821
There are already three buttons on Chord Mojo anyway. One more button on Chord Poly would not have made the swine any fatter than it already is.

There is already a button on the Poly, you operate it via the pin. If that button could restart a stuck Poly, I think most problems would be solved.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2019 at 5:14 AM Post #12,233 of 18,821
There are already three buttons on Chord Mojo anyway. One more button on Chord Poly would not have made the swine any fatter than it already is.
Lovely to have more pearls of unashamed design wisdom from our outside unpaid consultant Hugo sincere thanks.

Mar 15, 2019 at 5:26 AM Post #12,234 of 18,821
Hi John,
Just a quick question what IOS App are you using with your Poly for music. I am using MPdeluxe . Just wondering what else is out there.
I know people are going to call me a fan boy but I love my Mojo & Poly. Once you get used to its operating system its a great piece of kit. Which I find very stable. Looking forward to the new update where you can update the poly through the app.

Mar 15, 2019 at 7:48 AM Post #12,235 of 18,821
Oh my God it's back!

troll1.jpg

Mar 15, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #12,236 of 18,821
Swine are regarded as intelligent creatures, but I suspect that most would like to be able to compute as fast as the Poly.
Expect a visit from the metaphor police, and @musickid to propose a free pass to the Chord Members Lounge. :ksc75smile:

Mar 15, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #12,239 of 18,821
I see, I thought as much. Thank you for confirming. I feel that this issue could do with being pinned in the main post, I did check but could not see anything.

How does this actually occur? What triggers it? Is there anything I can do to help prevent this? Or is this literally firmware only.

Anyway, thanks again :)
There are plenty of references to this within the thread.
I think Matt posted a few weeks ago that Chord had finally identified the rare set of circumstances that cause this Poly hangup, and that the issue would be sorted in the next firmware update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back