1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Matt Bartlett, Jan 5, 2017.
First

Back
807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816
818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827
Next

Last
  1. PrittiPoly
    mConnect Lite for DLNA, Glider for MPD.

2. ubs28
    I gave up on Chord (John) and their incompetent team of programmers to deliver a final working product that works. I don’t expect it to happen. Chord Electronics is lucky they have Rob Watts who creates amazing products like the Chord Dave, Hugo 2 and the Hugo 1.

I do believe in Wireless / streaming technology as I am using it for my speakers (which does work flawlessly and reliably) at home. But I don’t believe in Chord their abilities to do it.

paul.tonnenberg likes this.
  3. paul.tonnenberg
    upload_2019-3-16_13-42-37.png

4. reddyfr0g
    Can anyone help. How do I connect to Glider MPD. What is the poly IP address I take it the port is 6600

5. MaxD
    Depends what network you are using: If you are in Poly Hotspot mode it seems to be 192.168.1.1, If the poly is connected to another access point like your router then you need to look at your routers attached devices, normally via a web page hosted by your router. Or if you are hosting a hotspot on your phone then look at your phone for the connected devices ip addresses.

6. PrittiPoly
    Geeks bearing gifts? Love your avatar!

paul.tonnenberg likes this.
  7. Matt Bartlett
    Hi @reddyfr0g
    You can find out the IP address of your Poly using GoFigure. If you look at your configured networks and click the arrow to the right of the WiFi you are connected to it will give you your IP address.

IMG_0414.PNG

IMG_0415.PNG

Normally Glider will automatically detect an MPD Player and connect but you can also manually enter the IP address that is listed in GoFigure and yes the port should be 6600.

Chord Electronics Stay updated on Chord Electronics at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/chordelectronics https://twitter.com/chordaudio http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/
    JedG and Peter Hyatt like this.
  8. TangoMan
    Hi chaps, long time Lurker and finally managed to catch up with this thread. Loving(ish) the Poly but it is a Geeky device. Mine has just got the blue light of death after two weeks of ownership so I am currently leaving it to discharge and hopefully this will solve the problem. Keeping an eye on this thread as I have big hopes for this device.

miketlse likes this.
  9. Mojo ideas
    I checked this with Matt he said the following
    “I think all apps will automatically reconnect to Poly as long as everything is still on the same network.
    You don't normally have to reconfigure everything again - at least I haven't used any that need to be setup each time.
    For any that don't there isn't much we can do as the configuration is set by the third party
    app that we have no control over.”

10. hammerh34d
    Exactly what I thought you would say.
    So basically you admit, that you have no control over customer's experience and you can do nothing about the issue that bothers some users. And I was right writing that there's no sense in contacting support and that MojoPoly is still immature. I will come here from time to time to remind you about it :)
    Thank yoy tor your time though, and I appreciate your effort.

11. paul.tonnenberg
    It is Bebop, the big mean swine-half-human. Rocksteady´s best buddy. And Rocksteady is a big mean rhinozeros-half-human. So, with that that follow-question is now too already cleared.

12. miketlse
    You really do let the emotional half of your brain, override the rational thought half.
    If the third party app on your phone (or whatever) is configured to be searching the wrong network, or even bluetooth instead of wifi - how do you expect Poly to control the app, and reset the configuration?
    If coming here to troll gives meaning to your life, then troll away, but I will now change the configuration to 'Ignore your posts'.

headmanPL likes this.
  13. reddyfr0g
    Thanks Matt all working now

miketlse likes this.
  14. hammerh34d
    You're funny, Mike :)
    I am not emotional at all. I am to old to get emotional about a music player not working properly. I have a life to live. And a phone (LG V30) which works surprisingly well with my Westone IEMs. it's not as good as Mojo, but it can play for hours, gapless, from any source I can imagine. And if I wanted to use my LDC2s, I can simply attach Mojo to it using USB cable - far more reliable than Poly.
    Ignoring my posts will not change a bit in that MojoPoly DOES NOT WORK for some people. Maybe it's because of 3rd party software malfunction, or maybe it's because Poly does not fulfill some requirements for implemented protocols of communication (I am able to stream to Chromecast with no issues) - I don't care, I'm an end-user, why should I bother? I paid some money and got expensive paperclip in return. That's the fact.
    I believe your approach is called ostich strategy. You will ignore the problem which is there, finding some funny reasons to do so (e.g. claiming that I am emotionaly immature - your choice, mate).
    But it does not change the simple fact that Poly does not work as it should, more than a year after it's been released. Maybe it will - and I do hope it will. That's the reason I did not sell it (or maybe because I'm lazy :wink: )

15. miketlse
    I have learnt something today. :)

First

Back
807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816
818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827
Next

Last