Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 9, 2019 at 2:50 AM Post #12,166 of 18,757
I haven't had a single issue with my Poly Mojo.
Is it perhaps how we use it that makes a difference to reliability ?
This is how I use my one:

Three networks configured,

• Poly Hot Spot, Configured this tested it and never used it
  • My mobile phone Hot Spot, I use this on the go all the time.
  • My home network, I guess this is obvious but I use it at home :).
Then the software I use on my Phone (Android) is:

• BubbleUPnP, just in case but I never use it.
  • MPD remote, I use this all the time and have all three of my Poly server modes configured.
  • MPD control, Installed just to try it.
  • MPD Droid, Installed just to try.
  • M.A.L.P, just to try again.
  • Hify, to rout Spotify to the mojo.
I also like that I can change the MPD client while music is playing. I guess I like to try stuff.
Usage, At home, turn on Poly connect my phone to wifi open MPD and play stuff.
On the go, start my Phone hotspot, turn on the Poly, Open MPD and play stuff, or open HiFy and Spotify and play stuff.
Is this how everyone else is issuing it ?

Mar 9, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #12,167 of 18,757
I gave up and sold my mojo and poly. My primary use was to stream Spotify and podcasts on the go and to stream from JRiver using DLNA when at home, no SD card usage.

I don't know if it's the mojopoly or whether it's airplay, but it doesn't play well with a mesh network at home. Moving around the house would cause dropouts with the mojopoly and the phone in separate hands. I presume this is one or other device switching access points.

On the go the poly would glitch and drop out all the time, either on the train or when walking across London. Every 20 minutes or so it'd either glitch or disconnect. I suspect this is related to Poly or the iPhone scanning for networks. Bear in mind that I can see upwards of 30 wifi networks at any time as I move around. When it disconnected sometimes it would require a reboot of the mojopoly and the phone to get everything back and connected. I could be 10 minutes into a 30 minute walk before I got music going. Overall a very frustrating experience.

I was holding out for the updated firmware, hopefully with Airplay 2. But with the constant delays and no release date in sight, nor a feature list (which should be very do-able if it's in "final testing") I couldn't wait anymore with what was, effectively, a £600 paperweight.

You can make a case that my use case isn't the intended use case, and maybe that's right, but from the posts here I'm not alone.

If the new firmware comes out and people are delighted and all the issues go away then I might look at replacing it, but for now I'm happy it's gone and that I didn't lose too much on the sale.

Mar 9, 2019 at 9:44 PM Post #12,168 of 18,757
They pair wonderfully IMHO. From my collection I find the Senn IE800 the best pairing with Mojo.

MojoPoly and Tia Fourte pair insanely well. Got my hands on a used pair for a decent price.
And it is simply Heaven.
So much visceral power and stage precision. Satisfied Poly user here.

(Although firmware update wouldn’t hurt)

Mar 10, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #12,171 of 18,757
Don't know if it helps but I listen for 6-9 hours with my Poly + Mojo in a composite case with no problem.

Mar 11, 2019 at 1:25 AM Post #12,172 of 18,757
For people that are using Bubble upnp with Tidal/Qobuz and the Poly, How's the response time? If you press play on a track/album/playlist, how many seconds pass before playback actually starts?

Mar 11, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #12,173 of 18,757
Apologies I have not been on here for a couple of weeks now. I've had a family emergency that has needed my time and is still ongoing.

To update you the new firmware has an issue we are working on now but without promising anything this should be fixed this week.
The updates to Gofigure for Android and iOS have been completed and these are now in test. Part of the delay has been due
to some changes in the published phone BLE GATT services meaning we have had to modify our code to compensate for this.

Here are some of the things we have been working on:-
-The biggest part of the update but the least exciting is the complete re-write of the WiFi/Bluetooth embedded firmware. This improves
overall performance.
-Roon certification and testing is now complete and Poly appears as a Roon ready endpoint.
-mp3 indexing is now fixed.
-DSD over DLNA
-Firmware updating via Gofigure
-Streaming service support via DLNA

This is just a snapshot of the new features. An official list of updates will be sent out nearer the time.
I know you will have questions and I will answer what I can, when I can, given my own circumstances at the moment.

Thanks,

Matt

Mar 11, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #12,175 of 18,757
Apologies I have not been on here for a couple of weeks now. I've had a family emergency that has needed my time and is still ongoing.

To update you the new firmware has an issue we are working on now but without promising anything this should be fixed this week.
The updates to Gofigure for Android and iOS have been completed and these are now in test. Part of the delay has been due
to some changes in the published phone BLE GATT services meaning we have had to modify our code to compensate for this.

Here are some of the things we have been working on:-
-The biggest part of the update but the least exciting is the complete re-write of the WiFi/Bluetooth embedded firmware. This improves
overall performance.
-Roon certification and testing is now complete and Poly appears as a Roon ready endpoint.
-mp3 indexing is now fixed.
-DSD over DLNA
-Firmware updating via Gofigure
-Streaming service support via DLNA

This is just a snapshot of the new features. An official list of updates will be sent out nearer the time.
I know you will have questions and I will answer what I can, when I can, given my own circumstances at the moment.

Thanks,

Matt
Positive waves from here

Mar 11, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #12,176 of 18,757

Matt

Matt Best wishes to you and your family....

Mar 11, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #12,177 of 18,757
overall performance.

Since overall performance is supposedly improved then I'd say this is most exciting. :wink:

Mar 11, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #12,178 of 18,757
@Matt Bartlett Sorry to hear about your family emergency, hope everything is well. And I agree with @Signal2Noise that a rewrite of the wifi/bluetooth module that increases performance sounds like a very exciting thing to me, even if its not a visible added feature. I am still holding on to my poly and am excited to try the new update out and see if it gets it to where I would hope it would be. Either way, as frustrated as I might have been in the past, the news is very appreciated, so thank you for getting that to us and at least giving us an indication of its progress. Definitely will be looking forward to giving it a try when its ready.

Mar 11, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #12,179 of 18,757
Does Chord recommend to use mojo-poly in the basic leather case while listening to music for about 1 to 2 hours?
Most of the heat will be generated by the Mojo, so I expect the same best practice will apply.
Basically Mojo will generate the most heat, if you listen whilst also charging the battery from a fairly empty status.
Mojo will generate the least heat, if you listen using battery alone.
Mojo will generate slightly more heat, if you listen whilst also trickle charging the battery from a full status.

Mar 11, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #12,180 of 18,757
Hi @t1tan1um I apologise that you felt you had to post on here before getting a response from our support team. I suspect that your Mojo/Poly case was faulty when you received it if it wasn't closing correctly. I'm not sure whether you contacted your retailer to explain the problem as they should have replaced it for you straight away. We have received your email and you will receive a reply this afternoon with further instructions.
I do hold my hands up regarding your other email from the 10th January. It was not a question our support could answer so it was forwarded to me for my input. I have been away in the US and it appears that my response did not get forwarded back to you. I will resend the answer later today.

Thank you very much for your response and support. I've contacted the retailer [AVstore] and they replaced it straight away. They had several new ones [Mojo & Poly Hard Case] in stock but one of them had that piece of plastic already broken from the factory and exibited the same issue as mine (there was a considerable gap and the case didn't close properly). Maybe there was a batch of faulty cases? Ofc they provided one without any issues and i'm happy to report that everything is ok now. Sorry i had to post here but i wasn't sure if someone from the support team would reply to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back