Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 27, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #12,106 of 18,889
please Chord think about incremental updates, rather than a big bang all singing and dancing update which is taking ages and could potentially introduce other/new issues.
They're old-school. Waterfall all the way. Nothing agile. Perfectionism over customer experience (which, these days, and in the case of a mobile, on-the-go device like MojoPoly is simply measured by a different set of expectations than all the other devices they build). Anecdotally, I spoke to some guy at their CanJam NYC booth and he said something to the extent of "gotta make sure the update doesn't fry anyone's speakers" (I'm paraphrasing slightly) -- I just rolled my eyes and left.

Feb 27, 2019 at 9:18 AM Post #12,107 of 18,889
They're old-school. Waterfall all the way. Nothing agile. Perfectionism over customer experience

I definitely appriciate that they are not "agile" in a way that they would release half-baked firmwares (also as someone working in the software industry seeing what's being done under the name "agile"). I rather wait more than get something that's worse than the previous version. I use my MojoPoly between 1-8 hours a day, and currently my only issue is the hangup of Poly which happened so far twice to me. Otherwise it works flawlessly. Would be great to get at least that level from the new firmware.

Feb 27, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #12,108 of 18,889
please Chord think about incremental updates, rather than a big bang all singing and dancing update which is taking ages and could potentially introduce other/new issues.
The way that updates are currently handled for Poly is cretinous and makes no sense.
Firmware updates should be freely downloadable from Chord's site, (along with an archive of older versions for redundancy and maybe a beta test section), that should be applied from the root of an SD card on boot-up. There's a reason why this is common practice.
I just can't understand the treacly slow pace of progress and seeming need for obfuscation. It's a little Linux box running largely open source software. There really should be no excuse for simple bug fixes (eg MPD not indexing MP3s) to be taking 14 months and counting.

Feb 28, 2019 at 4:57 AM Post #12,112 of 18,889
If I want to use the Mojo/Poly’s sd card playback mostly. Is there any way to utilize an EQ?

Thanks in advance.
Chris

You can apply EQ using DLNA and also through Roon ( but Roon will not access the SD card ). I personally don't use EQ as I prefer bit perfect playback but I understand
some customers prefer to have specific EQ profiles to suit their headphones. I'm sure someone on here can help but I know programs such as J River and also on Android Neutron Player have EQ options.
There will be other are other apps that will allow this I'm sure but I just don't know what they are.

Feb 28, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #12,113 of 18,889
You can apply EQ using DLNA and also through Roon ( but Roon will not access the SD card ). I personally don't use EQ as I prefer bit perfect playback but I understand
some customers prefer to have specific EQ profiles to suit their headphones. I'm sure someone on here can help but I know programs such as J River and also on Android Neutron Player have EQ options.
There will be other are other apps that will allow this I'm sure but I just don't know what they are.
I assumed neutron only eq content found in the phone, but am usually wrong about most things.

Feb 28, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #12,114 of 18,889
so headphones work fine at home where poly finds my mojo.....so issue is how do I play files off sd card in poly when not in wifi area and want to play just off my phone using its wifi...samsung s8 as personal hotspot? i think got gofigure to add my wifi from cellphone.....sorry so many posts
If you are looking to play from the SD card alone via Poly and your Samsung phone the best app I have found is M.A.L.P (https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/page-779#post-14705827 contains references to setting up)
Using your phones Hotspot to connect to M.A.L.P you can access and play your music on SD card with or without WiFi

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #12,115 of 18,889
I've noticed that in the past few days, the Airplay functionality between Poly and Tidal on my iPhone XS Max has been unstable. I'm trying to play Tidal offline content that I've downloaded onto my phone. Airplay has been quite reliable for me in the past and I am unsure what is causing this recent issue. I am able to connect to the Poly via Airplay but when I play something, the connection will drop after 1-2mins. this is quite frustrating. has anybody experienced this recently or before? how do I fix this?

Mar 1, 2019 at 2:51 AM Post #12,116 of 18,889
I've noticed that in the past few days, the Airplay functionality between Poly and Tidal on my iPhone XS Max has been unstable. I'm trying to play Tidal offline content that I've downloaded onto my phone. Airplay has been quite reliable for me in the past and I am unsure what is causing this recent issue. I am able to connect to the Poly via Airplay but when I play something, the connection will drop after 1-2mins. this is quite frustrating. has anybody experienced this recently or before? how do I fix this?
Maybe try adding passwords to your Bluetooth and hotspot to prevent other devices trying to connect possibly...

Mar 1, 2019 at 9:32 PM Post #12,118 of 18,889
Well it's now March - they were looking at an update/fix around the end of last year. The snail pace of progress continues...

I had a big response typed out here and decided it just wasnt worth posting it. But I went and looked through the thread, and the update was supposedly close to being ready before christmas, then again at the beginning of january, then on the 6th of february it was "not far away now". I asked for maybe some info on what to expect on the 17th here and got a response on the 18th that the info was posted a while back (couldnt find it) and that it would be posted soon... nothing.

I keep hanging on here because I see flashes of brilliance and really want to use this product, especially having paid 1200 dollars combined for it (maybe sunk costs...), but since this is mainly for IEMs and portable use, it just really hasnt lived up to that for me. The mojo has way more power than needed, and the poly that was supposed to solve the rfi issues, just brought along its own wifi interference. I just bought a $300 dap that has all the features of the mojopoly and then some (like actually useful bluetooth codecs), and sounds rather quite close, at a fraction of the cost, with no audible interference as far as I can tell.

Im holding out hope that the next update will come soon, but I am not sure what soon means anymore. I hate to feel like I am acting like an entitled consumer, but when we kept getting told soon, and then nothing happens, it just feels like we keep getting told things we want to hear to placate us instead of getting real info. And this has been happening since long before launch too. And regardless, software wont fix any hardware interference issues anyways. As much as I want to love this thing, I am getting to think that maybe its time to just move on...

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #12,120 of 18,889

That seems familiar to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back