Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 19, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #12,076 of 18,821
Hi, I am after a bit of help. In short I want to know the firmware version of my Poly. Apparently it should be shown at the bottom of the Access Point page? Nothing shows up for me. Does anyone have any pointers.

I finally bought a Poly - i've been hesitant to commit due to some of the issues. Setting it up in line with the User Manual proved fruitless. I'm wondering if some firmware update is needed first before gofigure will work. At the moment I have it connected to my wifi in the hope the firmware gods provide.

Ok - I answered myself. First firmware installed and the AP page is now showing a firmware version. Looks like I have more to come.

Feb 19, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #12,077 of 18,821
Ok - I answered myself. First firmware installed and the AP page is now showing a firmware version. Looks like I have more to come.
If you started from the initial 1.06, then there are several updates to perform.
Since last August, all Polys have shipped with v1.26 of the firmware.
If you experience difficulties, email chord support, and I am sure that Mitch will talk you through the update process.

Feb 19, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #12,078 of 18,821
If you started from the initial 1.06, then there are several updates to perform.
Since last August, all Polys have shipped with v1.26 of the firmware.
If you experience difficulties, email chord support, and I am sure that Mitch will talk you through the update process.
Thanks - mine must have been stocked before August.

I am now up to 1.0.26 and have gofigure working on Android. Just tested with MALP / SD card. Very pleased with first impressions.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2019 at 8:21 AM Post #12,079 of 18,821
Hi John,
This could be the strange lock up issue that we have finally resolved on the version of firmware I am working on.
There is a combination of events which means Poly is still trying to connect to an IP address that is no longer available.
Anyway in your case can you leave Poly for 24 hours by which point it's battery should have run down and once you recharge
it will reset.
Let me know if you need more help.

I was able to charge Poly by itself overnight and tested this morning and she booted up! So strange, because the charging light never came on either, as far as I saw. Glad this will be a thing of the past with the next FW. TT2 in transit, also, so I guess this is a good week!

Feb 21, 2019 at 9:17 AM Post #12,080 of 18,821
I was able to charge Poly by itself overnight and tested this morning and she booted up! So strange, because the charging light never came on either, as far as I saw. Glad this will be a thing of the past with the next FW. TT2 in transit, also, so I guess this is a good week!

Glad it's all working now - enjoy the TT2!

Feb 25, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #12,082 of 18,821
If you think about it ... it's pretty cheap that only that two kind of fragile plastic rods are the only link between mojo and poly. If that breaks, then the Mojo-Poly becomes a very rickety shaky construct.

Meanwhile, so after half a year of careful use, you can quite well recognize signs of wear and tear on that plastic rod links.

IMAG0633.jpg

IMAG0632.jpg

This plastic connection between mojo and poly just sucks. Could not one have thought of something more stable?

At any rate, that does not make any confidence-inspiring impression for the future. If you think about it, you just come to the conclusion that the Mojo-Poly is a shaky construct through and through.

Feb 25, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #12,083 of 18,821
If you think about it ... it's pretty cheap that only that two kind of fragile plastic rods are the only link between mojo and poly. If that breaks, then the Mojo-Poly becomes a very rickety shaky construct.

Meanwhile, so after half a year of careful use, you can quite well recognize signs of wear and tear on that plastic rod links.

This plastic connection between mojo and poly just sucks. Could not one have thought of something more stable?

At any rate, that does not make any confidence-inspiring impression for the future. If you think about it, you just come to the conclusion that the Mojo-Poly is a shaky construct through and through.
It does the job, why over engineer it?

Feb 25, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #12,084 of 18,821

That level of wear is not overly concerning. If you think about it they *could* have made it of hardier material but you would have just ended up with the same level of wear inside the ports on the Mojo which would have been much worse.

Feb 25, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #12,085 of 18,821

Hello, Hugo nice to see your back again for yet another gripe. Firstly the plastic location bosses are not fragile. The plastic polymer is glass fiber filled and is consequently very tough. Secondly we have made three different styles of combining cases all of them at different prices that slip over the two units for additional protection but of course you’d have known that perhaps if you had actually had bought the two units wouldn’t you.

Feb 25, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #12,086 of 18,821
Hello, Hugo nice to see your back again for yet another gripe. Firstly the plastic location bosses are not fragile. The plastic polymer is glass fiber filled and is consequently very tough. Secondly we have made three different styles of combining cases all of them at different prices that slip over the two units for additional protection but of course you’d have known that perhaps if you had actually had bought the two units wouldn’t you.

Ahahahahaaa What, you just made me choke on my coffee :)

Here’s me thinking that he sold the thing to some dude months ago.

Classic first sentence.

Edit.

Hmm, I’m perplexed, I have the chord mojo/poly case, ( just saying mojo on it ) and then I have the chord and van nuys premium leather case, but I can’t find the third case you mention.

Where is the third case ? Has it been released yet ?

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #12,088 of 18,821
And last but not least: The build quality is… not good.

One should be able to expect that this 1200 € Mojo-Poly has a good build quality. But unfortunately that is not the case!

When Mojo-Poly put together, it is clear to see, that the quality of the workmanship of Mojo-Poly is absolutely bad.

Instead of being straight, the transitions are uneven and bumpy. Good to see on that photos here.

IMAG0642.jpg

IMAG0637.jpg

IMAG0636.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back