Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 17, 2019 at 4:32 AM Post #12,061 of 18,821
Feb 17, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #12,065 of 18,821
Yes it is likely to show uncertified until we release the latest firmware update that I'm working on now.....

Thanks for clarifying that Matt

Feb 17, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #12,066 of 18,821
Yes it is likely to show uncertified until we release the latest firmware update that I'm working on now.....

Any taste of what we can look forward to with this next release? Or did I miss somewhere back where this was already posted?

Feb 17, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #12,067 of 18,821
Ordered a tt2 and for a streamer got myself an Aurender N100.
Connected to my Mojo awaiting delivery of the TT2.
Poly is stored for the famous update and/or for sale, depending.

I f chord is looking for a benchmark for fast and easy connecting and app development, please look no further : check Aurender.

Just my 2 cents.

Feb 17, 2019 at 10:04 PM Post #12,068 of 18,821

All and @Matt Bartlett,

A very strange thing I haven’t seen posted about happened today. I was ready to use Poly/Mojo on a flight in hotspot mode, as I often do. I connected via GoFigure and toggled Roon mode off then switched Hotspot on. Poly rebooted as usuaL, but did not restart. No light. I turned Mojo off and on and still no Poly light. I disconnected it from Mojo and reconnected, no light. I could not see it in GoFigure. I plugged it to charge and no light. It seems dead from trying to reboot in Hotspot mode. Anyone experienced this before? Any ideas? This is a new swapped out Poly from March 2018, so should be covered under warranty.

Luckily, I still also always keep the camera adapter and usb cable in the pelican case with Mojo/Poly, so listening was not denied.

TIA,
John

Feb 18, 2019 at 4:31 AM Post #12,070 of 18,821
All and @Matt Bartlett,

A very strange thing I haven’t seen posted about happened today. I was ready to use Poly/Mojo on a flight in hotspot mode, as I often do. I connected via GoFigure and toggled Roon mode off then switched Hotspot on. Poly rebooted as usuaL, but did not restart. No light. I turned Mojo off and on and still no Poly light. I disconnected it from Mojo and reconnected, no light. I could not see it in GoFigure. I plugged it to charge and no light. It seems dead from trying to reboot in Hotspot mode. Anyone experienced this before? Any ideas? This is a new swapped out Poly from March 2018, so should be covered under warranty.

Luckily, I still also always keep the camera adapter and usb cable in the pelican case with Mojo/Poly, so listening was not denied.

TIA,
John

Hi John,
This could be the strange lock up issue that we have finally resolved on the version of firmware I am working on.
There is a combination of events which means Poly is still trying to connect to an IP address that is no longer available.
Anyway in your case can you leave Poly for 24 hours by which point it's battery should have run down and once you recharge
it will reset.
Let me know if you need more help.

Feb 18, 2019 at 5:45 AM Post #12,071 of 18,821
Hi John,
This could be the strange lock up issue that we have finally resolved on the version of firmware I am working on.
There is a combination of events which means Poly is still trying to connect to an IP address that is no longer available.
Anyway in your case can you leave Poly for 24 hours by which point it's battery should have run down and once you recharge
it will reset.
I have had an instance of Poly's light not coming on when first putting it on charge, but it came on after a while if left. I assumed that it needed to take on a certain amount of charge before it would light up, but just guessing. As regards being unable to get an IP address, in my experience this this has always resulted in the light being stuck on, not off.

Feb 18, 2019 at 7:20 AM Post #12,072 of 18,821
Hi John,
it will reset.
I have had an instance of Poly's light not coming on when first putting it on charge, but it came on after a while if left. I assumed that it needed to take on a certain amount of charge before it would light up, but just guessing. As regards being unable to get an IP address, in my experience this this has always resulted in the light being stuck on, not off.

Thank you both. There is no light, and Poly was pretty well charged to begin with. I left it on charge for 30 minutes anyway and no light. Can’t see Poly’s Wi-Fi in GoFigure or any other app, either. But I’ll let it drain for a while (probably until Wednesday when I get back) and try to charge it.

Glad to hear the lockup has been resolved!

Feb 18, 2019 at 11:41 PM Post #12,073 of 18,821
Hi, just wanted to share that I've been experiencing the same issue as the user quoted below. This only occurs for me when I'm out and about using Poly with my iPhone's hotspot (often on the train). I've noticed the issue using airplay with offline content on Tidal, but haven't tested with glider to see if it happens there. Besides this, overall Poly is performing pretty solidly. Occasionally I can't connect via airplay when turning it on, but if I turn it off and on again that will resolve the issue.

Was there any clarification on the 'fast-forwarding' stream/buffer catch up from Chords end? It would be great to find out if this issue something that is on the development/debugging roadmap.

I tested today while being at home the below setup:

iPhone 8 Plus + Tidal connected to Cambridge Audio CXN via AirPlay for about 1h, stressing continuously my iPhone via different applications (Instagram, Facebook, Reeder, Safari etc) and switching between cell phone operators in order to trigger a bad streaming behaviour => no interruptions
iPhone 8 Plus + Tidal connected to Poly (set at WiFi HotSpot) with the hybrid mode set up (LTE network enabled) => occasional breaks in streaming and I saw again the song buffering interruption issue

To me it is clear the issue is not caused by my phone doing handovers between the LTE cells, as I was standing static in my apartment.
The problem appears when I unlock the screen. When I browse through Reeder. When I browse sites on Safari, too!

It's not Apple's code that has issues, but:

1. Poly is either under-dimensioned (from the processing power point of view => the symptoms might be fixed via a SW tuning, therefore a new HW revision has to be done on Poly with a better processing unit);
2. or Poly is under-dimensioned (from the memory buffer point of view => the symptoms cannot be fixed via SW, therefore a new HW revision has to be done on Poly with a more larger memory buffer chip);
3. or Poly it's missing the buffering implementation for AirPlay (maybe can be fixed via a SW update);
4. or the buffer implementation is incorrectly being done in Poly's SW (it can be fixed via a SW update and that I don't know when it will come);
5. internal clock synchronisation issues related to Poly hardware (can be fixed via HW moods or hacks in house, at Chord Electronics, under product's standard warranty)

I am unable to play consistently the songs via AirPlay with the latest Poly version, therefore I will return my Poly to the dealer and I hope that they will understand that the Poly product is still immature and buggy, although on Roon it works perfectly. Unfortunately that's not my use case while I am on the move, therefore I use AirPlay.

Poly is available for two years on the market, according to the current thread, which makes me even more determined to ask for a refund, since this issue has not been fixed (or it has a fix only via a Poly HW revision update).

I understand everyone's enthusiasm about Poly when it comes about Roon and other use cases, but now I understand that AirPlay's implementation fails to show Poly as being a mature product and now Chord Electronics has to work on this to fix it. I also hope that Chord will appreciate the time I've put into troubleshooting this issue along with my feedback (which is a constructive one).

Feb 19, 2019 at 1:09 AM Post #12,074 of 18,821
Luckily, after seeing this abnormal behaviour, I have returned my Poly and the PolyMojo case into the store from where I have bought it and got my money back. They have a policy for return within 14 days after purchase, which I have used it.

I prefer to see a fully working product, rather than to wait to have these issues fixed, which I wasn’t sure if they are related to a hardware limitation (cannot be fixed) or to a buffer (can be fixed via software).

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #12,075 of 18,821
Hi, I am after a bit of help. In short I want to know the firmware version of my Poly. Apparently it should be shown at the bottom of the Access Point page? Nothing shows up for me. Does anyone have any pointers.

I finally bought a Poly - i've been hesitant to commit due to some of the issues. Setting it up in line with the User Manual proved fruitless. I'm wondering if some firmware update is needed first before gofigure will work. At the moment I have it connected to my wifi in the hope the firmware gods provide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back