Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 10, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #11,716 of 18,757
Hi @jarnopp
Poly should work with Roon when using it's own hotspot mode providing your Roon core computer is also connected to Poly's hotspot.
For simplicity at shows we often use Poly and Roon in this way so we don't have to use a separate router.

Ah, excellent, I will edit my post. I haven’t tried that, but yes, it makes sense. So Roon doesn’t need to be connected to the Internet proper then? With a laptop and a local library, this could Ben good for some people! Thanks, Matt.

Jan 10, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #11,717 of 18,757
Wish I could help now. I was trying to replicate your issues last night and I couldn’t. I hope someone else has some insight
Man - finally found it!. Options which cause problems in foobar was - in advanced->playback->upnp mediarenderer output-> stream format - it is automatically set as "prefer LPCM". After just changing to "prefer WAV" miracle has happened and it works like a charm :). Are there any differences between LPCM and WAV? Does it matter that I set WAV?

Jan 10, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #11,718 of 18,757
Man - finally found it!. Options which cause problems in foobar was - in advanced->playback->upnp mediarenderer output-> stream format - it is automatically set as "prefer LPCM". After just changing to "prefer WAV" miracle has happened and it works like a charm :). Are there any differences between LPCM and WAV? Does it matter that I set WAV?
Interesting, I guess I didn’t understand what that was. I thought it was either Linerar Pulse Code Modulation or WAV format, I will have to check I don’t know what Mojo wouldn’t accept LPCM but I’m so glad it’s working.
I would be very interested if anyone knows why this changed worked

Jan 11, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #11,719 of 18,757
IMG_20190111_221833.jpg
Sooo...
So I'm back complaining.
I mean, when it plays, the sound is really good.
But it is just not capable of streaming Tidal via Bubble without random dropouts, no matter if I'm at home on my wifi or on if I use mobile data,
Of course gapless playback is not possible.
MALP is a pain in the neck to deal with, and it does not do TIDAL.
For me this is still frigging beta.
GoFigure is ok, but frankly speaking pin that I carry in my coin purse seems to be FASTER, as t takes AGES for GoFigure to load,
When will ich change? I'm really bought by the sound. But user experience is just horrible :frowning2:

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2019 at 4:57 AM Post #11,721 of 18,757
But it is just not capable of streaming Tidal via Bubble without random dropouts, no matter if I'm at home on my wifi or on if I use mobile data,
GoFigure is ok, but frankly speaking pin that I carry in my coin purse seems to be FASTER, as t takes AGES for GoFigure to load,
When will ich change? I'm really bought by the sound. But user experience is just horrible :frowning2:

You may want to try mconnect which is Tidal integration and use it to stream via DLNA using Poly as a tenderer...

I second that, I too had a frustrating time with BubbleUPNP for Tidal playback, I found mConnect and this work fine for me including Tidal Masters

Choose the option to play to Poly as your renderer.
Note: mConnect I found was fine for Tidal but unlike BubbleUPnP I have not been able to playback DSD files.
Not ideal but I have M.A.L.P. for SD playback with zero issues, mConnect for Tidal

EDIT: I have made do with the free Lite version as for my use the paid version didn't offer me any benfits

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2019 at 6:05 AM Post #11,723 of 18,757
Mconnect you say...
Ok. Another app. I will give it s go. But back in the days, USB audio player pro was all I needed. Why can't ut be like this?...

Jan 12, 2019 at 6:07 AM Post #11,724 of 18,757
Thanks for tip with mconnect.
Android user. Have been experiencing drop outs with bubbleupnp when Poly is a render option.
For last two weeks Go figure app only displays 50% of horizontal line.

MConnect not recognosing poly. I have drained battery and recharge but made no difference

Jan 12, 2019 at 7:41 AM Post #11,725 of 18,757
Mconnect you say...
Ok. Another app. I will give it s go. But back in the days, USB audio player pro was all I needed. Why can't ut be like this?...
UAPP does not see the Poly as a Renderer therefore you are unable to playback via this method, perhaps an email to the developer Davy to ask him to look into this, I have been meaning to ask him myself.

UAPP is visible as a Server not as a Renderer

Jan 12, 2019 at 7:59 AM Post #11,726 of 18,757
Thanks for tip with mconnect.
Android user. Have been experiencing drop outs with bubbleupnp when Poly is a render option.
For last two weeks Go figure app only displays 50% of horizontal line.

MConnect not recognosing poly. I have drained battery and recharge but made no difference

If your Poly and Phone are on the same network, (WiFi or Hotspot) the Poly renderer should be visible

10225452_thumb.png

Select 'Play to' bottom right

10225453_thumb.png

If the Poly Renderer is not visible you may need to press the the 'refresh' button top right

10225457_thumb.png

Once selected this will now be playing back on your Poly

If Poly Renderer is not visible try stopping mConnect and force closing before starting the app again

EDIT: Yes I did experience BubbleUPNP dropping connection usually after 20+ minutes, on my device it seems another Poly Renderer was created, when I switched to this service resumed for another 20+ minutes.

EDIT 2: BubbleUPNP is not MQA compatible so all tracks Masters and HiFi will be played back as 16 Bit 44.1 kHz

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2019 at 8:03 AM Post #11,727 of 18,757
Sooo...
So I'm back complaining.
I mean, when it plays, the sound is really good.
What's your problem with M.A.L.P? Once I'd got it set up it's been flawless playback wise here. Gapless too.

Jan 12, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #11,728 of 18,757
Screenshot_2019-01-12-14-52-40.png Gr8h8m, it does not do TIDAL in the first place. This is my main source now. I have aome hi rea filws om the card, but for daily use I prefer streaming. Configuration is dodgy. I would do it if I spent 15 minutes on this, but I don't.think I'm motivated enough.

As for mconnect - it works surprisingly well, no lags and gapless. But how do I configure Tidal's bitrate/mqa on this?
Edit: Sorry, found it. Nice app! Thanks for the protip. I think we will get along well.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2019 at 9:03 AM Post #11,729 of 18,757
If your Poly and Phone are on the same network, (WiFi or Hotspot) the Poly renderer should be visible

10225452_thumb.png

Select 'Play to' bottom right

10225453_thumb.png

If the Poly Renderer is not visible you may need to press the the 'refresh' button top right

10225457_thumb.png

Once selected this will now be playing back on your Poly

If Poly Renderer is not visible try stopping mConnect and force closing before starting the app again

EDIT: Yes I did experience BubbleUPNP dropping connection usually after 20+ minutes, on my device it seems another Poly Renderer was created, when I switched to this service resumed for another 20+ minutes.

EDIT 2: BubbleUPNP is not MQA compatible so all tracks Masters and HiFi will be played back as 16 Bit 44.1 kHz
Gr8h8m, it does not do TIDAL in the first place. This is my main source now. I have aome hi rea filws om the card, but for daily use I prefer streaming. Configuration is dodgy. I would do it if I spent 15 minutes on this, but I don't.think I'm motivated enough.

As for mconnect - it works surprisingly well, no lags and gapless. But how do I configure Tidal's bitrate/mqa on this?
Edit: Sorry, found it. Nice app! Thanks for the protip. I think we will get along well.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back