Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 12, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #11,731 of 18,780

Gr8h8m, it does not do TIDAL in the first place. This is my main source now. I have aome hi rea filws om the card, but for daily use I prefer streaming. Configuration is dodgy. I would do it if I spent 15 minutes on this, but I don't.think I'm motivated enough.

As for mconnect - it works surprisingly well, no lags and gapless. But how do I configure Tidal's bitrate/mqa on this?
Edit: Sorry, found it. Nice app! Thanks for the protip. I think we will get along well.

The thing I found with mConnect hence why, I personally did not upgrade to the paid version, was that I was unable to play any of my DSD library, 'file format is not supported' along with a few of my other 24 bit FLAC files and if they do play

EDIT: Tried mConnect on another Phone, bit rate is showing correctly now

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #11,732 of 18,780
Mconnect now working just needed patience.

Great can get masters on Tidal.
Many thanks.
You're welcome :ok_hand:

The unfolding via mConnect doesn't seem to unfold correctly from my observations ie should unfold to 88.2/96 kHz but looking at Mojo/Poly it is unfolding to a max of 48 kHz

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #11,733 of 18,780
Gr8h8m, it does not do TIDAL in the first place. This is my main source now. I have aome hi rea filws om the card, but for daily use I prefer streaming. Configuration is dodgy. I would do it if I spent 15 minutes on this, but I don't.think I'm motivated enough.

As for mconnect - it works surprisingly well, no lags and gapless. But how do I configure Tidal's bitrate/mqa on this?
Edit: Sorry, found it. Nice app! Thanks for the protip. I think we will get along well.

Russia On Ice - fantastic!

Jan 12, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #11,734 of 18,780
Jan 12, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #11,735 of 18,780
bass is fantastic on hugo2/mscaler too. we're all part of the same family so it should be ok to gatecrash once in a while.:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse: the day mojopoly works flawlessly is the day i'll buy one.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #11,736 of 18,780
bass is fantastic on hugo2/mscaler too. we're all part of the same family so it should be ok to gatecrash once in a while.:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse: the day mojopoly works flawlessly is the day i'll buy one.

Flawless with Roon right now. My experience anyway.

Jan 12, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #11,737 of 18,780
I don't get Roon. I don't understand why should I pay 400$ for an interface.
But I'm happy 4 you.

Jan 12, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #11,738 of 18,780
i mean across all user scenarios. mojopoly is my dream mobile set up. i've held back from crappy chinese daps. i'm not a major mobile user so i'll wait.

the point is to capitalize on mojo wireless SQ at home which is reported to be at its best not wired in and linked to poly.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #11,739 of 18,780
i mean across all user scenarios. mojopoly is my dream mobile set up. i've held back from crappy chinese daps. i'm not a major mobile user so i'll wait.

the point is to capitalize on mojo wireless SQ at home which is reported to be at its best not wired in and linked to poly.

Sometimes it helps to quote the post you are replying to so people have a fuller reference.

Jan 12, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #11,740 of 18,780
i was replying to the post directly preceding mine:thermometer_face: where the question posed was why should i pay for a $400 interface.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #11,741 of 18,780
Trying it now...

I connect the Poly in hotspot mode, connect my Roon core (on an old MacBook Pro) to the same WiFi connection as the Poly. At first I saw the Roon screen on my iPhone, but then I kept getting the "waiting for remote core" message. Am I missing a critical step?

Hi @DavidW I had a chance to try this again and you can just use Poly in hotspot mode to create a local connection between your Roon core, Poly and your phone running Roon remote.
However it looks like your Poly hotspot must be secured with a password as Roon requires a secure connection for the remote to work. This is only needed if you want to use the Roon remote. Can you try and let me know if this works for you.

Jan 12, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #11,742 of 18,780
Russia On Ice - fantastic!

Another one to add to my library, me likes

As you can see from the comments above regarding M.A.L.P., mConnect and BubbleUPNP on Android and the likes of Glider, mConnect, 8 Player for iOS the ideal situation would be a One app suits all for all platforms, files and media types.

Not likely to happen but just imagine an app from Chord that managed all this.....

Jan 12, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #11,743 of 18,780
why should it not happen. i bet if you offered a freelance software developer 20K he would develop one by next friday. i think once poly is fully in line it will rock the portable audio world.

Jan 12, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #11,744 of 18,780
why should it not happen. i bet if you offered a freelance software developer 20K he would develop one by next friday. i think once poly is fully in line it will rock the portable audio world.
Only from the replies in the past from the Chord Team regarding talk of this.
But if an independent took this on and with the likes of 2go for the Hugo 2 on the horizon, who knows

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #11,745 of 18,780
Aaaaaand... An update.
mconnect kicks bubbleupnp's ass.
But it DOES NOT do gapless.
Pity.
Especially when you listen to This Mortal Coil or Dead Can Dance. Or Meshuggah. Or Grorr. Or whatever...
Still, this app sucks far less, then any other I tried.
Maybe in a year or two MojoPoly will finally become usable, who knows...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back