Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jun 12, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #9,931 of 18,772
Poly has some clever charge sensing circuitry so if you have a charger that is not quite powerful enough to charge both products together then it will prioritise charging Mojo first. This is why you might see Mojo ( M Status ) light off but P Status light on Poly still white and charging
--- quoted this from the The Unofficial/Missing Chord Poly/Mojo Manual

in my case, poly always gets fully charged first before the mojo. and the mojo lights never go out when i do a simultaneous charge, even when poly already emits a blue light. when i do that, mojo is always the first to lose charge from blue to green. and mojo always gets to empty battery first before poly.

Jun 12, 2018 at 8:10 PM Post #9,934 of 18,772
Current issue: Poly doesn’t appear in the GoFigure app, doesn’t connect through Bluetooth, and won’t hard reboot. Maybe it’s upgrading the firmware? Maybe it’s frozen? Maybe it’s irrecoverably crashed? Who knows. Assuming at this point, I just need to wait for the battery to run out and then recharge and hope it turns back on. Checked on the Chord website for any kind of useful instructions on how to force a restart but no such luck.

Tried to be supportive of a smallish company venturing into a new product space but have lost patience hoping this thing gets to a point where it isn’t infinitely frustrating to troubleshoot.

If anyone’s looking to buy a used mojo/poly, feel free to pm me with an offer.

Jun 13, 2018 at 5:48 AM Post #9,935 of 18,772
I have had Poly freeze with the charging light stuck on a few times. It has happened when I have charged or switched it on and it has connected to a wireless access point when no DHCP server has been available to supply it with an ip address. For example my powerline wireless has been on but my router off. In this case I have found two ways to switch Poly off without draining the battery:

1. Use the pin to put Poly into into Access Point mode when it can then be switched off. Make sure DHCP server is up when you switch on again. I have posted this previously but had no feedback as to whether it has worked for anyone.

2. While Mojo is off but Poly stuck on, enable the DHCP server if it is down and Poly should then switch off automatically after about 1 minute.

I appreciate this may not always work, especially if problem is not DHCP server related.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the problem also occurs if the DHCP server is taken down while Poly is on and has an ip address. It would be nice if Poly could be configured with a static ip address in addition to the bug being fixed.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2018 at 6:08 AM Post #9,936 of 18,772
I have had Poly freeze with the charging light stuck on a few times. It has happened when I have charged or switched it on and it has connected to a wireless access point when no DHCP server has been available to supply it with an ip address. For example my powerline wireless has been on but my router off. In this case I have found two ways to switch Poly off without draining the battery:

1. Use the pin to put Poly into into Access Point mode when it can then be switched off. Make sure DHCP server is up when you switch on again. I have posted this previously but had no feedback as to whether it has worked for anyone.

2. While Mojo is off but Poly stuck on, enable the DHCP server if it is down and Poly should then switch off automatically after about 1 minute.

I appreciate this may not always work, especially if problem is not DHCP server related.
Thanks for the tip (and that’s some good troubleshooting in terms of your isolating it to your DHCP!) Unfortunately, the pin doesn’t work to set it to Access Point Mode. My router and wireless were both up and running but this did happen when switching the Poly out of hotspot mode to connect back to my home network. Sadly, think I need to just wait. Who knew I would be hoping for shorter battery life?!?

Jun 13, 2018 at 8:03 AM Post #9,937 of 18,772
I never use Poly in Hotspot or Bluetooth mode, or use GoFigure, which probably explains why my experience has been relatively trouble free. However, my guess is that Poly is latched onto something or in a loop trying to connect to something or release something. Sorry for all the somethings. So, in case you haven't tried it already, try bouncing any Hotspot, wifi or bluetooth access points up and down, bounce any DHCP servers, and force stop GoFigure on your phone. Probably a long shot I know.

Jun 13, 2018 at 9:56 AM Post #9,938 of 18,772
I really hope that Chord is reading to this while working for some soon coming updates! It's crazy that they are not including a charger with their Poly, since both devices connected together need more power than usual.

Jun 15, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #9,939 of 18,772
I have been getting RF interference when MojoPoly is connected to my iPhone X. When my phone screen is turned on and I'm using it, the interference becomes very audible. When I turn the screen off, the interference cuts down a lot.

Is anyone else experiencing this, and if so, have you found a solution to this?

Jun 15, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #9,940 of 18,772
I have been getting RF interference when MojoPoly is connected to my iPhone X. When my phone screen is turned on and I'm using it, the interference becomes very audible. When I turn the screen off, the interference cuts down a lot.

Is anyone else experiencing this, and if so, have you found a solution to this?

When you say “connected” you mean like using Glider or what? I can get interference if MojoPoly and iPhone are on the same side of my jacket in pockets, but none if MP in left pocket and phone in right, for example.

Jun 15, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #9,942 of 18,772
When you say “connected” you mean like using Glider or what? I can get interference if MojoPoly and iPhone are on the same side of my jacket in pockets, but none if MP in left pocket and phone in right, for example.

Connected via Glider and WIFI yes. I agree that putting the iPhone away from the MojoPoly helps but I would preferably not have to physically distance them all the time.

Jun 15, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #9,943 of 18,772
Connected via Glider and WIFI yes. I agree that putting the iPhone away from the MojoPoly helps but I would preferably not have to physically distance them all the time.
Yeah MojoPoly is pretty susceptible to mobile noise - only solution is don't keep them together in same pocket.

Jun 15, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #9,944 of 18,772
Waiting for the 2Go for my HUGO2.....

Jun 15, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #9,945 of 18,772
Yeah MojoPoly is pretty susceptible to mobile noise - only solution is don't keep them together in same pocket.

Mojo has always had issues with noise from some mobile phones - one of the reasons driving the development of the Poly was to minimise this noise by allowing affected users to physically separate their phones from the Mojo. A lot of people wouldn’t need a Poly if the Mojo was insensitive to their phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back