Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jun 15, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #9,946 of 18,821
Hi guys. Using my Mojo/Poly with Android phone and MALP.
Use HIFI Cast and Bubble with no problems. Can't make Neutron work properly with MP.
SD card only, no streaming.
No issue with handling of MP with steel "Gofigure".
No "freezings".
No issues with wifi apart i need to use several profiles in MALP (as the one and only player playing DSD) as the Poly's IP is different sometimes. No issue with using MP hotspot apart of internet absence.
Interruptions often happens if i use phone hotspot and the connection is rather unstable.
Sometimes Poly is not turns on and i need to turn on MP several times.
The attempts to link PM and phone using password-free wifi were unsuccessful.
Average time to battery discharge - 4-5 hours (PM hotspot), 6-7 hours (phone hotspot), 6-7 hours (wifi). I'm not fan of BT due to sound quality. Waitng for Gofigure to try streaming.
Cans: Beyerdynamics T1, Noble 6, Audiozenith, Version 1 (OPPO PM2 mod).

Jun 17, 2018 at 2:22 AM Post #9,947 of 18,821
Hi guys. Using my Mojo/Poly with Android phone and MALP.
Use HIFI Cast and Bubble with no problems. Can't make Neutron work properly with MP.
SD card only, no streaming.
No issue with handling of MP with steel "Gofigure".
No "freezings".
No issues with wifi apart i need to use several profiles in MALP (as the one and only player playing DSD) as the Poly's IP is different sometimes. No issue with using MP hotspot apart of internet absence.
Interruptions often happens if i use phone hotspot and the connection is rather unstable.
Sometimes Poly is not turns on and i need to turn on MP several times.
The attempts to link PM and phone using password-free wifi were unsuccessful.
Average time to battery discharge - 4-5 hours (PM hotspot), 6-7 hours (phone hotspot), 6-7 hours (wifi). I'm not fan of BT due to sound quality. Waitng for Gofigure to try streaming.
Cans: Beyerdynamics T1, Noble 6, Audiozenith, Version 1 (OPPO PM2 mod).

Perhaps I misunderstood your statement but Gofigure is more of a configuration software. It does not stream anything...as far as I know.

Jun 17, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #9,948 of 18,821
3 issues for me at present, all of them new developments in the last week or so - can someone help identify the root cause of these, over 600 pages to scroll through makes it very difficult to search for answers!

1. Crackling/distortion when playing back Mojo + Poly via headphones (not always present, but does appear quite a lot)

2. The poly sometimes goes from solid blue to flashing green and blue, even when connected to wifi and playing back through the mojo.

3. About a 1.5 second delay with lipsync on videos.

I cant check with a retailer at present, but do these sound like Mojo issues or more like Poly issues? Id hate to think both units were at fault,

Jun 17, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #9,949 of 18,821
3 issues for me at present, all of them new developments in the last week or so - can someone help identify the root cause of these, over 600 pages to scroll through makes it very difficult to search for answers!

1. Crackling/distortion when playing back Mojo + Poly via headphones (not always present, but does appear quite a lot)

2. The poly sometimes goes from solid blue to flashing green and blue, even when connected to wifi and playing back through the mojo.

I cant check with a retailer at present, but do these sound like Mojo issues or more like Poly issues? Id hate to think both units were at fault,

The lip sync has always been there for me and I’ve never had a reply to questions on that issue.

I sometimes get crackling if my WiFi signal is weak, I reset WiFi connection and it normally resolved. I’m using a Sky router and it’s terrible.

Not sure about the flashing light issue you have.

Jun 17, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #9,950 of 18,821
The lip sync has always been there for me and I’ve never had a reply to questions on that issue.

I sometimes get crackling if my WiFi signal is weak, I reset WiFi connection and it normally resolved. I’m using a Sky router and it’s terrible.

Not sure about the flashing light issue you have.

thanks, perhaps I should clarify - the crackling/distortion is not only via wifi, but via BT and tethering the Poly to my iphone as well.

The flashing green/blue indicates poly in access point mode, as far as I understand, which surely means no wifi connection should be present - yet the gofigure app indicates there is and it plays normally. I am a bit worried that this anomally could by indicative of a defective unit.

in terms of lipsync woud it be safe to assume that this is more likely to be a Poly than Mojo issue. given that there are no lipsync issues when connecting the mojo directly to the phone with the media on it? Essentially I'm debating whether or not to return the Poly to Chord, and whether its justified.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #9,951 of 18,821
There must inevitably be delays and buffering of audio between the source and Poly, so issues with lip sync are to be expected imo. Whether it is a fault is debatable; the bigger the buffer in poly the more stable it will be the more lip sync will be an issue and then add in the latency of the long tap length filters in the Mojo and acceptable sync is unlikely.

Jun 18, 2018 at 2:35 AM Post #9,952 of 18,821
There must inevitably be delays and buffering of audio between the source and Poly, so issues with lip sync are to be expected imo. Whether it is a fault is debatable; the bigger the buffer in poly the more stable it will be the more lip sync will be an issue and then add in the latency of the long tap length filters in the Mojo and acceptable sync is unlikely.

Thanks, but the previous poster stated he had no lipsync issues (if I understood his reply correctly?), and it has only recently become an issue for me (owned a Poly since November)

Dont know if the other 2 issues are enough to return the Poly, last night I noticed continuous crackling and distortion when I plugged headpones into a Mojo on its own, which indicates a headphone module fault.

Jun 18, 2018 at 6:29 AM Post #9,953 of 18,821

Flashing blue/green means that Poly is not connected to a WiFi network and is searching for one to connect to. To date this has always disrupted any audio playing causing severe glitches.
Lipsync-wise, if you're using a PC or Mac for playback you could always try using VLC or similar which allow you to pre-delay the audio.

Jun 18, 2018 at 7:03 AM Post #9,955 of 18,821
Flashing blue/green means that Poly is not connected to a WiFi network and is searching for one to connect to. To date this has always disrupted any audio playing causing severe glitches.
Lipsync-wise, if you're using a PC or Mac for playback you could always try using VLC or similar which allow you to pre-delay the audio.
That's not correct. If its flashing blue/green the poly is in hotspot mode. If it is just flashing blue then it's in wifi mode but not able to connect to one.

Jun 18, 2018 at 7:35 AM Post #9,957 of 18,821
I was on a good run but now I'm having wifi dropouts at home again :frowning2: (no other networks near me)

I think it may have been since the iOS 11.4 update on my iPhone

Jun 18, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #9,958 of 18,821
thanks, perhaps I should clarify - the crackling/distortion is not only via wifi, but via BT and tethering the Poly to my iphone as well.

The flashing green/blue indicates poly in access point mode, as far as I understand, which surely means no wifi connection should be present - yet the gofigure app indicates there is and it plays normally. I am a bit worried that this anomally could by indicative of a defective unit.

in terms of lipsync woud it be safe to assume that this is more likely to be a Poly than Mojo issue. given that there are no lipsync issues when connecting the mojo directly to the phone with the media on it? Essentially I'm debating whether or not to return the Poly to Chord, and whether its justified.

Do you get the crackling from both Mojo output jacks? Have you tried a different pair of headphones. Maybe it’s the physical connection in either Mojo or the headphone jack.

Jun 19, 2018 at 4:06 AM Post #9,959 of 18,821
For me, under hotspot mode, there are time there will be distortion but only for awhile. So i consider this as normal at least to me. But under network mode, everything is perfect

Jun 19, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #9,960 of 18,821
I stupidly changed my Bluetooth pin and cannot remember it...I’m now unable to connect with the go-figure app. I’ve tried to do the mode reset, but it doesn’t seem to work?

Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back