Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jun 24, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #9,976 of 18,778
Vannuys is pretty cool. A lot of my friends in Japan buys tons of their stuff.

The red "purse" one from Etsy doesn't remind me of a purse. It reminds me of old Nokia phone cases that you put on your belt horizontally. Way back in the day, I had an old Nokia with the fat antenna sticking up one side, and had a black leather case that looked a lot like this red one.

Has the A6 case been mentioned? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/A6-...her-case-for-CHORD-MOJO-POLY/32844039156.html

None of the MojoPoly cases are really impressing me, dunno what it is I'm looking for, but none of them feel "right" to me. For now, the original case which fattens up the mojopoly a bit too much is fine for me. Seems to provide reasonable protection though I'm not a fan of the look. And admittedly, I'm not a huge fan of how thick it makes the MP.

I had the same feeling, didnt know which case I wanted.

I saw the mojo poly chord premium case on their website, it really didnt impress me when I looked at it, I then changed webpage and forgot all about it as I didnt think it offered protection as I thought mojo and poly will fall out of that very easily.

I returned to that webpage a month later and still not really digging it, I decided to buy it and see whats up.

When it arrived I couldnt of been more surprised, seriously, everything I previously thought about the case went right out the window.

The quality is primo.

The leather is thick and chunky and both mojo poly fit in it but its a really tight fit and no way will they fall out.

I would go as far and say that it probably offers more protection to the devices inside than the chord leather and plastic case, if that falls chances are it will pop open and mojo poly will fall out. Not so with the van nuys case, the only problem I can see is, if it fell and landed on mojos output side which is not covered but its unlikely and if it was dropped, the thick leather will act as a nice shock absorber.

Thats what I think, I now just have to get to the next roof top so I can start shouting again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 24, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #9,977 of 18,778
I see what you mean about the Valentinum cases, some say Italian and some don't. None state the animal (you'd probably want Buffalo for something like this, thick) or the tanning method.
I'm not a fan of the Van Nuys look, I really don't like the contrast stitching. It's a shame they only do that colour.

@tekkster, I've been asking about the A6 case for a while. I like the fact it's calf leather and it's vegetable tanned as opposed to chrome tanned (means it'll take on a nice patina over time). The customisation is nice. I'm sure I've seen photos in this thread but nobody has said they own one. Guess I'll have to just take the gamble.

Jun 24, 2018 at 3:49 PM Post #9,978 of 18,778
@Matt Bartlett @Mojo ideas Any updates regarding GoFigure android or any of the features that are still outstanding? (spotify connect/google cast)? Been just over 4 weeks since the android beta was announced to be arriving in 4 weeks, and its been a long time since we have had any news.

Jun 24, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #9,979 of 18,778
Love love my black Valentinum case. Makes the whole MojoPoly brick feel slightly less brickish. Protects well. Looks and feels great. Won't open accidentally if dropped.
valent1.jpg

Jun 24, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #9,981 of 18,778
Deleted

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #9,982 of 18,778
Ooh no...just got my first freeze on my poly since gotten it for 2 months. Guess have to discharge it...

Jun 25, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #9,983 of 18,778
Jun 25, 2018 at 11:40 PM Post #9,984 of 18,778
+2. I'd be ok with news of an (obvious) delay, we just need some communication. Any communication.

Really... They have met none of their deadlines, and missed a lot of them by a huge amount. At this point, it doesn't even matter, I just want some updates as to whats going on and to at least know they are working on getting these promised things to us.

Jun 26, 2018 at 3:27 AM Post #9,985 of 18,778
Hey guys I need some advice. Does anyone know how to get my poly to play anything via dlna? I an play music from the SD card using M.A.P..D but when I load bubbleonp it shows my diskststion as being a source of music but when I click on local renderer it only shows my android phone and my nvidia shield. Nothing recognizes my poly device. I tried using the pin to change modes and even factory reset but nothing works. It never plays anything except what's on the sd card. I'm stumped. Thanks guys.

Jun 26, 2018 at 3:48 AM Post #9,986 of 18,778
Hey guys I need some advice. Does anyone know how to get my poly to play anything via dlna? I an play music from the SD card using M.A.P..D but when I load bubbleonp it shows my diskststion as being a source of music but when I click on local renderer it only shows my android phone and my nvidia shield. Nothing recognizes my poly device. I tried using the pin to change modes and even factory reset but nothing works. It never plays anything except what's on the sd card. I'm stumped. Thanks guys.
If your Poly and Android device are both successfully connected to the same network, it should appear as a renderer option near the 'local' one - see my screenshot.
BUBBLE.jpg

Jun 26, 2018 at 4:23 AM Post #9,987 of 18,778
Thank you for the response. Both the chord and poly are on the same network. On my render selection screen it only shows my nvidia shield below local renderer. On my router it shows poly as assigned to 192.168.1.80 but I can't browse the page. If I punch in 192.168.1.80 into mapd it shows up as Darlflame808 and browses my sd card on the poly. I think my poly's dlna is borked. I am going to contact chord to see if I can get the unit looked at. I've been going back and forth from hotspot to access point so many times my switch button is getting flaky. I hope they change the design of this pinhole button. I've been back and forth over a hundred times and nothing works for dlna. Even factory resets don't reset anything. It still retains all info when I reset.

So fustrated....:frowning2:

Jun 26, 2018 at 8:49 AM Post #9,989 of 18,778
Ooh no...just got my first freeze on my poly since gotten it for 2 months. Guess have to discharge it...

Some people have opened theirs up and disconnected the battery and reconnected it, doing that saves many hours of waiting, especially if the battery was fully charged.

Jun 26, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #9,990 of 18,778
I hope Poly 2 is better.
:unamused:
/s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back