Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jun 26, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #9,992 of 18,777
Chord should put that in the Owners Manual.

I dont think they should, as the internals are prone to damage from static and carelessness and they would be liable for faulty mojos that became faulty when the owner opened it to disconnect the battery.

Disconnecting the battery is a good idea, but i dont think it should be in the manual as an advised solution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 26, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #9,993 of 18,777
I dont think they should, as the internals are prone to damage from static and carelessness and they would be liable for faulty mojos that became faulty when the owner opened it to disconnect the battery.

Disconnecting the battery is a good idea, but i dont think it should be in the manual as an advised solution.
My humor didn't come across. This is decidedly not plug-and-play product! :)

Jun 26, 2018 at 12:07 PM Post #9,994 of 18,777
My humor didn't come across. This is decidedly not plug-and-play product! :)

Yea, I have found that myself, humour sometimes does not translate well via text.

No biggie though, and I agree with the plug n play part, its definetly not user friendly but when you catch it on a good day, she does turn into a star.

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #9,995 of 18,777
itunes and ipod/iphone/ipad have really spoiled me in years past. I’m still frustrated that daps to replace apple products and software alternatives to itunes with more format capabilities aren’t as cohesive when it comes to playlist management.

But...among daps, poly has truly required the most effort to get working the way i want, and even now is imperfect and cumbersome. Can’t imagine most of my fam or friends spending the time i did on this device. And still not happy with a bunch of things about it.

Still, i do enjoy the sound immensely, and continue to find this Sound profile surprising in a mobile device.

Jun 26, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #9,996 of 18,777
itunes and ipod/iphone/ipad have really spoiled me in years past. I’m still frustrated that daps to replace apple products and software alternatives to itunes with more format capabilities aren’t as cohesive when it comes to playlist management.

But...among daps, poly has truly required the most effort to get working the way i want, and even now is imperfect and cumbersome. Can’t imagine most of my fam or friends spending the time i did on this device. And still not happy with a bunch of things about it.

Still, i do enjoy the sound immensely, and continue to find this Sound profile surprising in a mobile device.

Are you an android user ?

If you are, I do understand where you are coming from and hopefully you wont need to wait too much longer for GoFigure.

Before GoFigure for IOS, Poly was a pain to use and I stopped trying to get it working outside because it just would not behave, but, since GoFigures IOS release, everything has been more or less plain sailing.

The only thing that I could moan about would be the two poly lockups. Even though its locked up twice and is annoying, I have had hours of fun with Poly since GoFigures IOS release. The difference really is like night and day.

Fingers crossed that GoFigure for android will get released soon so that all poly users are able to use Poly as intended.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 26, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #9,997 of 18,777

Jun 26, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #9,998 of 18,777

Jun 26, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #9,999 of 18,777

Jun 26, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #10,000 of 18,777
HAPPY 10,000 POSTS EVERYONE!!!

Jun 26, 2018 at 5:40 PM Post #10,001 of 18,777
Are you an android user ?

If you are, I do understand where you are coming from and hopefully you wont need to wait too much longer for GoFigure.

Before GoFigure for IOS, Poly was a pain to use and I stopped trying to get it working outside because it just would not behave, but, since GoFigures IOS release, everything has been more or less plain sailing.

The only thing that I could moan about would be the two poly lockups. Even though its locked up twice and is annoying, I have had hours of fun with Poly since GoFigures IOS release. The difference really is like night and day.

Fingers crossed that GoFigure for android will get released soon so that all poly users are able to use Poly as intended.

I use GoFigure. It's a big improvement over how things were, but a far far cry from the convenience of the closed ecosystem of itunes + idevice. Most daps and applications are.

Jun 26, 2018 at 8:42 PM Post #10,002 of 18,777
iTunes is a horrible system when it comes to large personal libraries. The "closed ecosystem of iTunes + iDevice" is exactly why I moved away from it. And for FLAC/High-Res capabilities.

Jun 26, 2018 at 10:17 PM Post #10,003 of 18,777
If you install "UPnP Tool" on your Android device you can see whether Poly is sending UPnP packets to your device.

Thank you for this awesome suggestion. I can see now that my Poly is definitely not broadcasting and DLNA information.

Here's a screenshot. No poly to be found.
poly.jpg

You think it's time for me to send it in?...I tried factory resetting but it doesn't do anything, just says factory reset and reboots and everything is still present. I would do a battery pull but I don't want to void any warranties, I have only had this for about 2 months.

I'm thinking it's time to part ways for a little bit so it can get the TLC it desperately needs.

Jun 26, 2018 at 10:23 PM Post #10,004 of 18,777
iTunes is a horrible system when it comes to large personal libraries. The "closed ecosystem of iTunes + iDevice" is exactly why I moved away from it. And for FLAC/High-Res capabilities.

I don’t disagree, though i have a total of 53,316 songs in itunes so apparently haven’t hit the limit you speak of. Of course, my 3 year old imac is maxed out on ram and stores all music on an external thunderbolt das, so maybe that’s why i haven’t hit the limit.

The flac and dsd formatted file problem is very real, which is why I use swinsian for flac files, and that’s 20,613 tracks.

My point wasn’t about itunes flaws but about the convenience factor.

The closed ecosystem of itunes and idevices makes playlist management stupid easy.

Jun 26, 2018 at 11:01 PM Post #10,005 of 18,777
I don’t disagree, though i have a total of 53,316 songs in itunes so apparently haven’t hit the limit you speak of. Of course, my 3 year old imac is maxed out on ram and stores all music on an external thunderbolt das, so maybe that’s why i haven’t hit the limit.

The flac and dsd formatted file problem is very real, which is why I use swinsian for flac files, and that’s 20,613 tracks.

My point wasn’t about itunes flaws but about the convenience factor.

The closed ecosystem of itunes and idevices makes playlist management stupid easy.
My free 12 month trial of Roon is coming to an end this week. I'm not sure I want to drop $500 right now on a lifetime subscription, so will probably be heading back to good old iTunes for the moment - does it play FLAC natively yet? The prospect of changing all my files over to ALAC is making the cost of buying Roon seem almost worth it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back