Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 16, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #7,067 of 18,774
I have noticed that engaging Bit Perfect playback in config page doesn’t disengage volume control in Glider, MPDluxe or 8player. I have noticed too that Poly doesn’t connects to hidden SSIDs. Maybe bugs? @Mojo ideas @Matt Bartlett
By the way the first days my poly always powered up just a few seconds after Mojo but from three days ago suddenly begun to powered up a bit more than one minute after mojo and this has happened in every charge cycle until now...

Feb 16, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #7,068 of 18,774
Do you guys notice short bouts of MoPolly breaking up, like the bits not getting through or bursts of distortion when playing from the SD card? I see it with both Glider and AK connect I have only used the SD card in Polly hotspot mode as I do not have personal hotspot available on my Iphone.
I will have to start watching the power up time. I'm usually looking for my reset pin or trying to connect to the hotspot and not monitoring Poly.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #7,069 of 18,774
Do you guys notice short bouts of MoPolly breaking up, like the bits not getting through of bursts of distortion when playing from the SD card? I see it with both Glider and AK connect I have only used the SD card in Polly hotspot mode as I do not have personal hotspot available on my Iphone.
I will have to start watching the power up time. I'm usually looking for my reset pin or trying to connect to the hotspot and not monitoring Poly.
Why don’t you haven’t a personal hotspot ?

Feb 16, 2018 at 9:53 PM Post #7,070 of 18,774
Do you guys notice short bouts of MoPolly breaking up, like the bits not getting through of bursts of distortion when playing from the SD card? I see it with both Glider and AK connect I have only used the SD card in Polly hotspot mode as I do not have personal hotspot available on my Iphone.

Yes, I’ve experienced this from time to time. Thankfully, not frequently enough to be of concern.

Feb 16, 2018 at 10:19 PM Post #7,072 of 18,774
because before Poly i never needed it &ATT wants $15/mo for it
Ok, I thought the functionality was baked into IOS, I didn’t realise different carriers were able to remove iPhone functionality.

Feb 17, 2018 at 5:28 AM Post #7,073 of 18,774
Just seen this on Chords Facebook account. last line.....does that mean ‘gofigure’ will show itself today?

A6BBA256-DAF1-4984-9F8C-FA3C5980830B.png

Feb 17, 2018 at 6:57 AM Post #7,078 of 18,774
It occurs to me that if we ask really nicely, maybe Chord will be willing to share some

yup. I have a lot of playlists and “smart playlists” that I use, including recent25, recent50,recent100 etc.

I mostly play stuffed versions of these, or a workout list etc
Thanks for the usage info. I just can't imagine getting into that - I think I'm just a dyed-in-the-wool old skool album selector!

Feb 17, 2018 at 7:00 AM Post #7,079 of 18,774
It occurs to me that if we ask @ChordElectronics @Mojo ideas and @Matt Bartlett really nicely, maybe Chord will be willing to share some of the code they use in the Bluetooth low energy stuff. It clearly can start/stop playback for a specific playlist...

Maybe folks like @joe28 could leverage it for glider etc, though I do not know the extent to which it would be useful. Glider already will know about all your music, it’s location, and presumably with the api it could work in ‘offline’ mode to browse your library but still send commands over btle to control playback and *maybe* song selection

Presumably Bluetooth is too slow for them to reasonably download and browse things like album lists, though folks like Joe are pretty good and keeping a reasonable UI in these cases

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2018 at 7:43 AM Post #7,080 of 18,774
We've removed a number of off-topic and personal comments. Please keep the thread on the Poly and not one-another. Thanks everyone.

Thanks for this. It was getting fairly unpleasant.

I can empathise with people's frustrations. I'm on my second Poly. There were major drop-out problems on the first. Chord said it was probably the network so I bought a £30 Google Chromecast to disprove this and it was much more robust. The replacement Poly is better. Strangely it oftens struggles with drop-outs at the start of a session and then settles down.

In my view Chord badly underestimated the size of the task they had undertaken. Their testing strategy was flawed. They built up very high expectations and couldn't deliver on them. It should never have been released without the app.

On the other hand it is a revolutionary product and a very (overly?) ambitious project for a small company with limited resoucres. There doesn't appear to be anything else on the market that tries to do what Poly does. Pitching a product that was all things to all people was heroic! Clearly John Franks is very passionate about his products but perhaps contrition isn't something that comes easily for him!

That said, and for me the main thing is that it does sound great. Mojopoly is too bulky and valuable for my limited mobile use. Mine acts as a source for some excellent Genelec active studio monitors in the kitchen/diner and this makes for a great sounding and very unobtrusive system. It also works very well with my Minirigs 2.1 holiday speakers.

I appreciate the fact that John F and Matt communicate actively here (notwithstanding the erstwhile hostile environment). I'm pretty confident they will eventually get on top of the issues and Mojopoly will be an excellent piece of kit.

With limited mobile use my main interest in Poly would be for a desktop version (hopefully with HDD). It's frustrating that you can't use a Poly with others DACs to test whether it compares with highly rated and much more expensive streamers (ultra rendu, SOTM200 ultra , Auralic Aries G2 etc.). So I sincerely hope that all the criticism (probably justified) doesn't dissuade Chord from rolling out the Poly technology onto wider platorms when the various issues are sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back