Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 15, 2018 at 7:41 PM Post #7,036 of 18,816
it is a ridiculously novel and unique piece of tech that i will remember for years to come, albeit its minor flaws and hiccups on launch... try explaining what Poly does to someone who isn't into this stuff. you'll sound so crazy for owning it.

Ha - I spoke too soon - was just listing to Poly and this happened:

IMG_1202.PNG
IMG_1203.PNG
IMG_1204.PNG

The strange this is that after turning it off (and all the lights fully going out) it remained connected to my phone's hotspot:

IMG_0086.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0086.jpg
    IMG_0086.jpg
    521.1 KB · Views: 0
Feb 15, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #7,037 of 18,816
Fordski said its only for Iphones, I have Android

Ahhhhhh I didn't realise. I thought you were on iPhone and didn't see that post!

Feb 15, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #7,038 of 18,816
Feb 15, 2018 at 8:09 PM Post #7,040 of 18,816
Can you store playlist on the sdcard of the Poly with M.A.L.P. ?

That's something that I haven't tried yet as I haven't had a need for m3u playlists - until now! Worst case scenario I'll make and load them onto the SD card offline. I guess the additional Android app delay gives me some advance notice so I can get them together - I reckon there'll be about 500 of them, 1 per album.
I'm a firm believer in the MPD implementation here of playing the SD files - seems so much more robust than DLNA, which makes sense as there is so much less data having to be flown around. Just telling Poly to start/stop its internal files without beaming them around a network just seems to be the most elegant solution. MPD can play albums gaplessly (which is a particular bugbear of the current DLNA setup) hi res FLAC, DSD, whatever I throw at it! With Bluetooth control it would have been / could still be perfect (for my needs).

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2018 at 8:24 PM Post #7,041 of 18,816
I’m currently facing difficulty “seeing” Poly. I can’t connect it via airplay. Ability to read my SD card and appear as server is still inconsistent. Sometimes, it works. Sometimes, it doesn’t.

I have restarted at least 4 times. I tried disconnecting mojo and poly. Turn-on mojo. Then, plug them together. Still cannot connect to poly.

I had issue getting Poly to turn-on just before this happen. My mojo is M0355XX, Poly is P0222XX. Using latest poly firmware. iOS is 11.2.5
Just an update. Poly is working again. I did not do anything since last post. It works again when i turn it on.

Feb 15, 2018 at 8:28 PM Post #7,042 of 18,816
I understand some of the frustration here but I don't think negativity will help much. There are a lot of things Chord could have done better. There are probably a lot of things they could have done worse. I think they will work this out for us. Many of us have had some frustrations with Poly. I personally don't understand the latest complaint about BTE not being a full-blown app because I never got the impression Chord was writing such an app. My take-away, and all I need, is an app that allows us to ditch the pin. I prefer full-blown apps written by real software developers like Joe's Glider app. Chord makes fabulous hardware. Chord is not a software house. I ordered my Hugo 2 yesterday even though I am a sometimes frustrated Poly owner but credit due to Chord for having agreed to replace my Poly as they have many others. I will probably not order 2Go because my Hugo 2 will be a stationary unit on my desk. It appears that Chord subcontracted the Poly design and their subcontractor let them down badly. I was taught that you don't know what it's like to be in someone else's position until you've walked a mile in their shoes. I have no doubt that Chord is very unhappy about all of this and if they could turn the clock back they might do a bunch of things differently. But they can't, none of us can. I get the feeling that many of the people who have said negative things in the last few pages wouldn't be saying them if communications had been handled differently. Far be it from me to tell them to stop whining. Whining won't help but it does allow one to express their displeasure. Ask yourself this, if you were planning to do crisis communication would you hire a brilliant engineer? I sure as blazes wouldn't. That said Chord has tried to communicate far better than many other companies. I give them credit for making a sincere if imperfect effort. Each of us will have our own opinion and feelings about "L'affaire Poly." I've said my piece and I am obviously prepare to support Chord's continuing efforts to get Poly right. Others feel differently for sure as the last few pages tell. Hopefully, the release of GoFigure will right the ship and get this back to being a constructive problem-solving thread. We can't wait much longer, but again, how do you think Chord feels about the delay after taking all this heat from us? I note in closing my Poly's SSID is Polyanna.

Feb 15, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #7,043 of 18,816
4rM2hbS.png

DOES GOFIGURE HAVE A DEDICATED MUSIC PLAYER BUILT IN?

GoFigure, as the name suggests, is purely and simply a configuration app - a direct alternative to manually using the pin. The main features are that you can change modes, add WiFi networks, view battery status, stored WiFi networks, and other system information.

Whilst a very basic shuffle type player does exist within the interface, offering play/pause and skip track functionality for playing back set MPD playlists loaded onto the Micro SD Card, it is limited. This function is not a direct replacement for the services/apps that you currently use for music playback, those services/apps have tailored user interfaces for navigating your stored music files, music discovery, and/or streaming. This is the specification we have been working to since before GoFigure was announced.

The Quick Play function is shown in its entirety below:

CP36toc.jpg
bh7IW
rRPAVRk.gif

Feb 15, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #7,044 of 18,816
Feb 15, 2018 at 8:54 PM Post #7,045 of 18,816
That's something that I haven't tried yet as I haven't had a need for m3u playlists - until now! Worst case scenario I'll make and load them onto the SD card offline. I guess the additional Android app delay gives me some advance notice so I can get them together - I reckon there'll be about 500 of them, 1 per album.
I'm a firm believer in the MPD implementation here of playing the SD files - seems so much more robust than DLNA, which makes sense as there is so much less data having to be flown around. Just telling Poly to start/stop its internal files without beaming them around a network just seems to be the most elegant solution. MPD can play albums gaplessly (which is a particular bugbear of the current DLNA setup) hi res FLAC, DSD, whatever I throw at it! With Bluetooth control it would have been / could still be perfect (for my needs).
I agree about MPD and SD card will be the best way and if i can create the playlist with the smartphone and store it on the SD card with the GO FIGURE like presented, MojoPoly will work like Chord explains us between lines in a lot of little posts.
So now i hope that i can use the 2go as soon as the GO FIGURE for Android will be on the PlayStore and not to wait until may (Munich).

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2018 at 9:14 PM Post #7,046 of 18,816
Feb 15, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #7,047 of 18,816
Yes, but, how can I simultaniously browse online on my phone using 4g

Android hotspot with poly will retain your internet connectivity. I use this regularly with the MALP app to control the SD card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back