Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 15, 2018 at 11:21 PM Post #7,051 of 18,785
Guess I will be leaving this thread as I will claim for a refund. :p

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2018 at 12:03 AM Post #7,052 of 18,785
Please explain the totally secure hotspot comment, can we now lock down the wifi hotspot with a password? And for those who forget it can we reset Poly or is the reset done via the unsecure Bluetooth app?
The dropouts is really making having internal SD card storage pointless. I haven’t finished listening to one song without drop out.

I can’t seem to upgrade the firmware either.

But I do like the idea of poly, once the current issues are fixed i will certainly review mine.

Would love to see royalty offers from chord for the Hugo 2 and 2Go. I love my chord Hugo, mojo is perhaps bit of a love hate.
Here's a screenshot of it happening to me this morning:

kieth please contact info at Chordelectronics .co.uk then please talk to Mitch or Tom. I can tell you basically a knowledgeable streaming guy however you are obviously not having a happy time with Poly so it seems to me you can do with some help to sort out what going wrong. The guys will definitely help you.

Feb 16, 2018 at 1:21 AM Post #7,053 of 18,785
If I understand it correctly (I have not tried it, but read a bunch of posts here), if I set it up correctly, using the right modes and the right apps, I will be able to use the poly playing music at home, streaming, using roon, or from SD when not at my home network, using apps like glider, in a different mode, to make switching modes easy not using the pin, the gofigure app is coming out.
full control of the SD using Gofigure via BLE was a misunderstanding.
Remaining issues (power up)are to be hardware fixed by replacing the poly.

I was actually afraid to unpack the poly to make it harder to return or sell it. My S/N is P020XXX
I saw guys with P025, if I am not mislead.

Ah I guess I willjust take a go, unwrap the chords and try it out. Is new Firmware coming up?
If I happen to get power up problems and the need to line in the queue,I guess I will be realizing that fast, and no setting up, or configuration will help, but I need to send the device in, right?
Cheers,
Tomi

Feb 16, 2018 at 2:25 AM Post #7,054 of 18,785
Please explain the totally secure hotspot comment, can we now lock down the wifi hotspot with a password? And for those who forget it can we reset Poly or is the reset done via the unsecure Bluetooth app?
The next Poly software update that is currently in use by us and is being checked by Chord staff includes Bluetooth encryption too!
However please note that even as your software currently is that no one could actually see the WiFi password your putting in over an open Bluetooth network but if they were close enough they could theorectically change it and put in their own and have access to your music only. This would not be a serious or main system security breach as it would only involve your music and nothing else. Anyhow with the next Poly software update you’ll see that extremely unlikely Music access will be closed down too.

Feb 16, 2018 at 2:29 AM Post #7,055 of 18,785
The dropouts is really making having internal SD card storage pointless. I haven’t finished listening to one song without drop out.

I can’t seem to upgrade the firmware either.

But I do like the idea of poly, once the current issues are fixed i will certainly review mine.

Would love to see royalty offers from chord for the Hugo 2 and 2Go. I love my chord Hugo, mojo is perhaps bit of a love hate.
Please contact info @ chordelectronics.co.uk explain your problems to either Mitch or Tom at Chord and they will do their best to advise you and help you make your Poly work properly.

Feb 16, 2018 at 6:16 AM Post #7,056 of 18,785
Firstly, I need to apologize to Rob Watts and also thanks him for the help. I got my Chord Poly working both in Airplay and Bluetooth.
1) My Poly did not charge is due to I'm not using a 2A charger to charge, after I use my iPad charger to charge, the issue is resolved.
2) Poly firmware does not update and having issues in setting up Airplay cos my aging wireless router is faulty, upgraded to a better Linksys router and issue is resolved!

However, I find Airplay still got some dropouts in signal, my iPhone 8 and Poly is very close to each other but dropouts is still there sometimes. Anyway to resolve this issue?!

Feb 16, 2018 at 8:31 AM Post #7,057 of 18,785
I'm a mojo owner for 8 months now and at first I used it every day all day, but eventually I got tired of the usb cable and i stopped using it.
I started to read this thread when the poly was announced and I was hesitant of buying it because of all the reported problems. Eventually i decided to take a leap of faith and last week i bought one.
I missed the mojo so much but I always got interference through the usb cable so the poly was my only option (i wanted to use the full potential of the mojo so optical was out of the question).
I'm happy to report that with poly the mojo never sounded better, startup is instantaneous, no interferences, no drooped connection, I use it in network mode with bubbleupnp on my pc and on my axon 7 and the shure se846.
Until the gofigure app is released I'm satisfied with the performance, only then I will check the sd card control and the hot spot mode. I believe that chord will do right by their costumers and fulfill all the things they promised the poly can do.
The only bad thing with the poly is Bluetooth mode, the sound is just awful, don't use it in this mode.
One last thing I noticed is that with poly the mojo doesn't heat up as much even after 7 hours of continuous use, when I was using the mojo with the usb cable it got so hot that I couldn't hold it in my hand, with poly the mojo gets lukewarm.

Interesting post.

I did “red eye” flights (plural) Wednesday night (3 legs total). Transferring flights means staying awake and alert in between.

I used Hugo 2 via Bluetooth on the flights.

I use hi res files and Beyerdynamic TK8 iem.

I recognize that I’m losing quality using blue tooth. In comparison, my wife’s Poly SD card is better sound. (She offered it but I didn’t want to leave her without it)

Yet, even w Bluetooth it’s still head and shoulders above iPhone X or other such means.

The music helped me sleep and pass the long dull hours in flight. I look forward to “2Go” release.

Even w Bluetooth as it is, I still prefer it than the troublesome cable issues. I’ve spent $ on repeated cable purchases for Mojo and experienced the iOS update issues and get why you bailed.

Things are looking up. We will have Chord App as soon as apple is done.

I support Chord and other companies who do not wish to freely yield technological advances w Apple.

Feb 16, 2018 at 9:15 AM Post #7,058 of 18,785
If I understand it correctly (I have not tried it, but read a bunch of posts here), if I set it up correctly, using the right modes and the right apps, I will be able to use the poly playing music at home, streaming, using roon, or from SD when not at my home network, using apps like glider, in a different mode, to make switching modes easy not using the pin, the gofigure app is coming out.
full control of the SD using Gofigure via BLE was a misunderstanding.
Remaining issues (power up)are to be hardware fixed by replacing the poly.

I was actually afraid to unpack the poly to make it harder to return or sell it. My S/N is P020XXX
I saw guys with P025, if I am not mislead.

Ah I guess I willjust take a go, unwrap the chords and try it out. Is new Firmware coming up?
If I happen to get power up problems and the need to line in the queue,I guess I will be realizing that fast, and no setting up, or configuration will help, but I need to send the device in, right?
Cheers,
Tomi

Yes, everything you suppose is accurate. You will likely have a firmware waiting when you first power up and put on a network, so make sure it’s charged up first. It also seems there will be another firmware update (with more security)based on John Franks’ comments.

Good luck and let us know your experience!

Feb 16, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #7,059 of 18,785
That's something that I haven't tried yet as I haven't had a need for m3u playlists - until now! Worst case scenario I'll make and load them onto the SD card offline. I guess the additional Android app delay gives me some advance notice so I can get them together - I reckon there'll be about 500 of them, 1 per album.
I'm a firm believer in the MPD implementation here of playing the SD files - seems so much more robust than DLNA, which makes sense as there is so much less data having to be flown around. Just telling Poly to start/stop its internal files without beaming them around a network just seems to be the most elegant solution. MPD can play albums gaplessly (which is a particular bugbear of the current DLNA setup) hi res FLAC, DSD, whatever I throw at it! With Bluetooth control it would have been / could still be perfect (for my needs).
I have try M.A.L.P. and i found that the playlist is stored on the server ( POLY) and not on the smartphone like BubbleUpnp stores it.

So all the playlist that i am doing, with M.A.L.P.,will be usable with Gofigure when it will come.

DLNA with network : 60Mb/s for Qobuz is enough. I use Devolo DLAN 500 WIFI. I place it in my home or in my garden.
The Poly and my smartphone are connected on it.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #7,060 of 18,785
Ha - I spoke too soon - was just listing to Poly and this happened:

The strange this is that after turning it off (and all the lights fully going out) it remained connected to my phone's hotspot:

After having mine work well in Hotspot mode, all of a sudden I can't get the phone to see Poly (or visa versa). It connects to the iPhone hotspot but neither Glider nor 8player sees Poly. Not sure where the issue is here as I have not had this happen before. I have tried restarting my phone, poly, on charger off charger upside down etc. And no luck. Not sure what else to do except wait for my replacement.

Feb 16, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #7,061 of 18,785

CP36toc.jpg

This is absolutely, entirely what I would want when mobile-worst-case-scenario for me. If this thing works I'm going to have to kiss @Matt Bartlett and @Mojo ideas

Feb 16, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #7,062 of 18,785
After having mine work well in Hotspot mode, all of a sudden I can't get the phone to see Poly (or visa versa). It connects to the iPhone hotspot but neither Glider nor 8player sees Poly. Not sure where the issue is here as I have not had this happen before. I have tried restarting my phone, poly, on charger off charger upside down etc. And no luck. Not sure what else to do except wait for my replacement.

I've had it happen too, I took out sd card and put it back in while poly on charger, then it worked

Feb 16, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #7,063 of 18,785

100% sure it's not in Roon mode?

Feb 16, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #7,064 of 18,785
100% sure it's not in Roon mode?
Yes, since I don’t use Roon and only use it for portable use. I was recommended to remove and reinsert the SD card, which iw ill try the next chance I get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back