Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 2, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #6,496 of 18,802
As far as I can understand Roon, it's stationary solution. So it's not useful at all when roaming around. And when at home, I usually prefer my speakers to headphones.
I guess Roon fed Poly is nice for people who prefer to walk around their mansions with headphones on their heads :) Not my case. But it would be nice :)

Roon works with my Sonos speakers as well as Poly or Hugo 2 hooked up to my Rega Brio amp. It's not for mansion headphones.

Feb 2, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #6,497 of 18,802
Yes this all seems normal but I've sent a PM so we can talk this through.

So, to update, my Poly did not start up right away this morning when cold, so continuing with the replacement.

FYI, Matt also confirmed that 1.0.17 only contained updates to support GoFigure. There is a page to track the updates here: https://chordelectronics.co.uk/poly-firmware-updates/ (but the latest description is not included yet).

Feb 2, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #6,501 of 18,802
Roon works with my Sonos speakers as well as Poly or Hugo 2 hooked up to my Rega Brio amp. It's not for mansion headphones.

There has been some discussion over at the Roon Labs community that Roon is working on Roon for mobile devices outside the home. That would make Roon a more universal solution for playback. The quality of playback is exceptional. Their big problem in the US is really that Tidal is their only Hi-Res streaming source. If you add the cost of Tidal HiFi and Roon it's just about the same as Qobuz Sublime+. That could be a problem for some.

Feb 2, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #6,503 of 18,802
@Matt Bartlett and @Mojo ideas, I would still like to know why drop outs and stuttering occurs when playing off of the SD card. I would expect when playing off SD card the player app would be used for selecting tracks and that no music is actually sent out via WiFi. Sorry if this has been answered before, I tried searching this forum, but gave up due to the sheer size of 400+ pages.

Also after replying to Tom’s post asking for my username, I have not heard back. I even sent a follow up email saying if there is anything you need from me to keep my support request moving forward to please let me know.

Feb 2, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #6,504 of 18,802
@Matt Bartlett and @Mojo ideas, I would still like to know why drop outs and stuttering occurs when playing off of the SD card. I would expect when playing off SD card the player app would be used for selecting tracks and that no music is actually sent out via WiFi. Sorry if this has been answered before, I tried searching this forum, but gave up due to the sheer size of 400+ pages.

Also after replying to Tom’s post asking for my username, I have not heard back. I even sent a follow up email saying if there is anything you need from me to keep my support request moving forward to please let me know.

Which apps have you tried and does the problem occur with all of them? Some may be more stable than others (AK Connect, Glider, and 8Player are a few to try out).

Feb 2, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #6,507 of 18,802
Will the GoFigure app allow toggle between Hotspot/network/dlna/Bluetooth modes? Without using the needle?

According to Chord once the mysterious GoFigure app is released the Config Pin can be thrown away.

Feb 2, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #6,509 of 18,802

Most likely Poly is losing the WiFi signal forcing it to scan to see if another stored WiFi network is available. One check is to see if you get the same problem when you use Poly's own hotspot.

Tom will be getting to you. He's been out of the office but he is following up all the emails. If you haven't heard anything by Monday ping me a PM and I'll check for you but I know your mails were received today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back