Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 2, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #6,512 of 18,804
I can't control sd card in any way

I may be coming in late on this topic and missed something but have you verified that the card itself is OK? When I was having trouble with my mSD card I took a new 16Gb card, formatted it, and put 20 or so FLAC files on it. I put that in Poly and watched to affirm that Poly cycled through colored lights. That proves the card it being read and is inserted correctly. If it passes that test you should be able to see the albums in Poly Hotspot via any of several apps that have been mentioned here--most notably, Glider or AK HQ, When Poly is attached to your home wi-fi network these same apps should see the albums and play for you.

Feb 2, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #6,513 of 18,804
There has been some discussion over at the Roon Labs community that Roon is working on Roon for mobile devices outside the home. That would make Roon a more universal solution for playback. The quality of playback is exceptional. Their big problem in the US is really that Tidal is their only Hi-Res streaming source. If you add the cost of Tidal HiFi and Roon it's just about the same as Qobuz Sublime+. That could be a problem for some.

Any ideas why/how music sounds better when streamed from Roon?

Feb 2, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #6,514 of 18,804
you are 100% sure the network name and password is correct? maybe try restarting your iPhone or deleting the PH network and re-adding it.

i have zero issues connecting to iOS Personal Hotspot.

I sure, makes me think something is broken in poly. I also have a other issue, when playing back via airplay, with poly as the hotspot, the Bluetooth connection drops and the music can not be heard. If I click through on the iPhone, the connection is restored and i can hear the music that had been playing in the background.

This repeats every minute

Feb 2, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #6,516 of 18,804
yes the airplay connection drops, but if i go to the list of bluetooth devices in the iphone control centre and click on poly again (even though it says its currently connected), then the connection resumes.

Feb 2, 2018 at 5:57 PM Post #6,517 of 18,804
Well finally got eveeytheve going (1. 17), everything including sd card works, i really enjoy it now. Obviously when the GGoFigur app for Android gets released it will be ever better as we can switch modes wjthout the needle
And we will be able to control sd card with bluetooth

My only grump about it all is the uneven physical match between mojo and poly

I hate that it's bent, I suppose it's poly that is bent but it could be mojo I cant tell.
But it all works good.

20180128_144209.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2018 at 6:04 PM Post #6,518 of 18,804
Well finally got eveeytheve going (1. 17), everything including sd card works, i really enjoy it now. Obviously when the GGoFigur app for Android gets released it will be ever better as we can switch modes wjthout the needle
And we will be able to control sd card with bluetooth

I hate that it's bent, I suppose it's poly that is bent but it could be mojo I cant tell.
But it all works good.

Glad to hear that you are up and running!

Feb 2, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #6,520 of 18,804

But it all works good.

That's what the $150 case is for. Hide all those imperfections. Poly is a cruel cruel mistress. :wink:

Feb 2, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #6,522 of 18,804
Replacement poly and latest firmware update : all working without fault with Glider beta!

This build of Glider has just been released to the App Store as the official 1.7.0 release. A big thank you to the community here for the incredible amount of help and feedback you continue to provide us with.

We've also been hard at work on the upcoming 1.8 feature set, which will add iTunes File Sharing capability so you can stream files stored on your phone to your Poly, including Hi-Res Flac and DSD. If anyone is interested in this feature, send me a message and I'll get you set up with an early TestFlight build.

Feb 2, 2018 at 10:33 PM Post #6,523 of 18,804
This build of Glider has just been released to the App Store as the official 1.7.0 release. A big thank you to the community here for the incredible amount of help and feedback you continue to provide us with.

We've also been hard at work on the upcoming 1.8 feature set, which will add iTunes File Sharing capability so you can stream files stored on your phone to your Poly, including Hi-Res Flac and DSD. If anyone is interested in this feature, send me a message and I'll get you set up with an early TestFlight build.

Keep up the good work Joe!

Feb 2, 2018 at 10:48 PM Post #6,524 of 18,804
I’d like to briefly but emphatically echo AudioBear’s compliment—not only is Glider working beautifully, and sounding phenomenal, Joe has provided exceptional, actually unbelievable, service and support during the recent beta phase.

Thanks again! Very much looking forward to future features and development of the Glider app.

Feb 2, 2018 at 11:10 PM Post #6,525 of 18,804
Hmm, something is definitely going on with my battery. After not using the poly for a week (while plugged into the mojo) and having charged it separately, I turned it on today. Mojo status is blue, Poly is red. Is this something I should contact support for? Something is very clearly wrong. I dont know if poly isnt charging properly, or if its turning on and draining battery without me using it or what....

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back