Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 1, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #6,466 of 18,778
Some good stuff as always from Jeremy and we will look carefully into all he has suggested of course though some ideas are only applicable in rather obscure applications and some ideas perhaps have not been fully thought through.
Like SI.1.10.B switching Poly into network mode automatically when charging this would just not be practical. What happens if some one is on the move and wants to use a battery charger or a charger socket on a plane.
Good point!

Feb 1, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #6,468 of 18,778
If anyone has been able to get poly to connect to the local hotspot on the iPhone - can they specify the steps in enough detail to be fool proof :) or could you pm me.

I’d like to try this configuration but am not sure how, but I feel like I’ve tried every possible combination.

Feb 1, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #6,469 of 18,778
turn on personal hotspot in iPhone settings. it will say "Other users can look for your shared network using Wi-Fi and Bluetooth under the name "xxxxxx".

also there is an area to add a password.

put Poly into access point mode and add the hotspot network name and password to Poly wi-fi network list.

make sure you're in "Other" mode. save settings and reboot Poly.

enter iPhone control center and click on the "Personal Hotspot" icon so it says "Discoverable".

Poly should connect automatically if you haven't f-ed anything up.

enter control center again and choose your Poly's name as the iPhone audio output.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #6,471 of 18,778
If anyone has been able to get poly to connect to the local hotspot on the iPhone - can they specify the steps in enough detail to be fool proof :) or could you pm me.

I’d like to try this configuration but am not sure how, but I feel like I’ve tried every possible combination.
First you have to introduce iPhone hot spot as any other WiFi network into poly settings to do this enter into poly hot spot mode by inserting pin into small hole and press for 10 seconds then connect your iPhone to the poly network which shall be visible and poly config page shall appear in your browser as poly.audio. Then you shall introduce name of you iPhone hotspot and password into this page and save. Details of your hot spot -name and password will find in the iPhone settings clicking in the hotspot. When introduce the hotspot name and password click save. There shall be comment saved. Then you should have the hot spot saved as any other WiFi settings for poly. Shutdown mojopoly to leave the poly hot spot mode wait as mojo poly lights will be both off, then open iPhone settings click hot spot be sure its on green color. Then turn on mojopoly it should automatically connect to iPhone hot spot it shall blink in blue at the top of the screen when connected . close iPhone setting and try to connect the relevant app for music playback.
I hope it helps

Feb 1, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #6,472 of 18,778
turn on personal hotspot in iPhone settings. it will say "Other users can look for your shared network using Wi-Fi and Bluetooth under the name "xxxxxx".

also there is an area to add a password.

put Poly into access point mode and add the hotspot network name and password to Poly wi-fi network list.

make sure you're in "Other" mode. save settings and reboot Poly.

enter iPhone command center and click on the "Personal Hotspot" icon so it says "Discoverable".

Poly should connect automatically if you haven't f-ed anything up.

enter control center again and choose your Poly's name as the iPhone audio output.

I do exactly that, and poly doesn’t connect. It seems to try too, as you can see a brief stream or at a connection to the hotspot but it doesn’t succeed.

Does this then mean that my poly is broken? If my laptop can connect to my phone hotspot with no problems, it does lead to wastes a problem with my poly.

Feb 1, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #6,474 of 18,778
Edd with Chord messaged me and suggested I email them, so I did and received a response back super fast from Tom. Tom said he was sorry I was having troubles.

The odd thing was he asked if I was a Head-Fi member, and if so could I tell him my username.

Feb 1, 2018 at 8:54 PM Post #6,475 of 18,778
^
Never heard of "Edd" or "Tom" from Chord. It's probably a trap!

Or not. :wink:

Feb 1, 2018 at 10:49 PM Post #6,477 of 18,778
Got it! @Matt Bartlett can we get a rundown of what was included in the update, besides prep for GoFigure? (Tomorrow, your time, I'm sure, since it's after hours in the UK now.) Thanks!

So,I haven’t tried enough times yet, but it seems the power in problem is better now, maybe resolved for my unit (though it’s been unseasonably warm in SF the last coup,e of days - maybe I’ll try putting Poly on the fridge for a bit).

@Matt Bartlett is it possible or intended that the power on problem was addressed in this update? If so, I’ll let Mitch Duce know to put my replacement on hold while I test further. If not, it can continue.

Anyone else experiencing better turn on hpbehavior? I used to get a red power ball on initial Mojo turn on and then no Poly turn on. Now, initial turn on gives no color on the power ball, and then purple when it connects to the network, after maybe 40 s3conds. That seems normal or reasonable.

Feb 1, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #6,478 of 18,778
I have newest update. Downloaded tidal music on my iPhone X won’t play gapless! It did before the latest update. For me, things have gone backwards. I guess I’m needing to work on my patience and tolerance.

I thought Tidal didn’t support gapless as stated in their FAQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back