Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 19, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #6,016 of 18,896
No matter how hard you try there will always be one more unforeseen bug. Thanks for making every effort to get it right but beassured users know that it will not be perfect. There will always be a GoFigure 1.1, 1.2 etc

I wonder if issuing a beta version might actually help this along. Anticipating bugs, getting feedback has worked well for Joe with Glider.

Jan 20, 2018 at 3:04 AM Post #6,020 of 18,896
Hi,

It's reassuring that known bugs are being addressed in the firmware updates, with that in mind, at what point does a problem become significant enough to be investigated. Is it a question of how severely it impacts performance or simply a predefined number of people bringing up the issue?

I'm still having drops in connection when using poly as a dlna renderer (with both bubbleupnp and Audirvana/roon).

Now I understand that the subjectivity of wifi setups makes it incredibly difficult to come up with a 'magic bullet' solution but could a list of 'best conditions' specifically for poly be put together?

I ask because I've now tried three routers (bought for their strength it terms of stability), created a dedicated wifi network just for poly, naturally changed wifi channels and positioned poly just about everywhere in my house and yet the connection drops most noticeably when a new device connects to the network (somebody picks up their phone). It can be after 3 minutes or 20 minutes but it does systematically drop.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide!

Jan 20, 2018 at 3:30 AM Post #6,021 of 18,896
I will be flying tommorow and wanted to use Poly hotspot mode on the plane to play from SD card. So got into access point mode and connected to Poly network and it showed the Poly config page as usual, but when I wanted to escape config page to open Glider to play music the Poly network disconnects and my home wi fi connects automatically.
So i cant use Poly network as long as I have another networks available. Should this be this way or I am doing wrong something?

I am also flying today. Obviously won’t be using the Poly.

First have to spend 30 minutes to turn this thing on and then if I haven’t lost the pin on the ground, i have mess around with a pin into the Poly.

And hopefully somebody won’t call the airmarshalls thinking that I am messing with a bomb.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2018 at 4:36 AM Post #6,022 of 18,896
Hi,

It's reassuring that known bugs are being addressed in the firmware updates, with that in mind, at what point does a problem become significant enough to be investigated. Is it a question of how severely it impacts performance or simply a predefined number of people bringing up the issue?

I'm still having drops in connection when using poly as a dlna renderer (with both bubbleupnp and Audirvana/roon).

Now I understand that the subjectivity of wifi setups makes it incredibly difficult to come up with a 'magic bullet' solution but could a list of 'best conditions' specifically for poly be put together?

I ask because I've now tried three routers (bought for their strength it terms of stability), created a dedicated wifi network just for poly, naturally changed wifi channels and positioned poly just about everywhere in my house and yet the connection drops most noticeably when a new device connects to the network (somebody picks up their phone). It can be after 3 minutes or 20 minutes but it does systematically drop.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide!

I have had the same experience as you, but only when situated at the farthest point from the router where the WiFi signal is relatively weak. Have you tried giving Poly the highest access priority on your router? If not, that might help.

Actually, scratch that suggestion as I see that you have created a dedicated network just for Poly.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2018 at 5:33 AM Post #6,023 of 18,896
I am also flying today. Obviously won’t be using the Poly.

First have to spend 30 minutes to turn this thing on and then if I haven’t lost the pin on the ground, i have mess around with a pin into the Poly.

And hopefully somebody won’t call the airmarshalls thinking that I am messing with a bomb.
I already passed security check and was not arrested. I have limited mojopoly version which, if not on serious cold, fire up within seconds. But still my telephone liked my WiFi that much that did not allowed poly hot spot to connect, will see how it goes on the plane. I have back up plan if poly will not connect glider I will use my new Isine 20 out of the phone with cipher cable, in each scenario I should survive:)

Jan 20, 2018 at 6:04 AM Post #6,024 of 18,896
I already passed security check and was not arrested. I have limited mojopoly version which, if not on serious cold, fire up within seconds. But still my telephone liked my WiFi that much that did not allowed poly hot spot to connect, will see how it goes on the plane. I have back up plan if poly will not connect glider I will use my new Isine 20 out of the phone with cipher cable, in each scenario I should survive:)

If you are using an iPhone, in the wifi select page, try click the 'i" icon on the right side of the screen to enter Poly hotspot setup, in that screen, uncheck auto login, and check auto join.
Your phone should be able to connect to Poly's hotspot.

Jan 20, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #6,028 of 18,896
Question regarding new app for Poly:

In a specific ice hockey arena, there is neither WiFi nor ATT signal for hotspot.

Will new app allow Poly to communicate with SD card directly via blue tooth?
Yes the go figure App controls the complete set up of Poly via Bluetooth and there is an option that allows you to control the SD card if for some reason you cannot use WiFi such as on certain flights.

Jan 20, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #6,030 of 18,896
Mojopoly passed flight exam. It connected via poly hotspot. Spotify of line worked the best no issues. Glider was second most stable connection but as i am using beta version currently it requested me to wait 10 minutes from time to time. 8 player crashed on one album and could not play anything else... but had overal 5 hours of musical enjoymenr...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back